Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated!

+13
drex1999
Misirlou
TNT
nzbalda
RKERR9
hairisthickening
RisingFist
helpmyhair1
Growdamnit
SlowMoe
Hairy Potter
Complexx
sizzlinghairs
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! Empty Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated!

Post  sizzlinghairs Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:23 pm

So I finally got my maliniak method e book. Props to leon for the no charge on that.

So had a question. Leon advises to massage muscles around the galea and not directly on top of the scalp. But I see slowmoe and others talking about scrunching the scalp or pinching as an alternative.. This seems to conflict with what leon says about loosening up the muscles around the galea vs massaging the scalp directly..

Thoughts?

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! Empty Re: Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated!

Post  Complexx Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 pm

sizzlinghairs wrote:So I finally got my maliniak method e book. Props to leon for the no charge on that.

So had a question. Leon advises to massage muscles around the galea and not directly on top of the scalp. But I see slowmoe and others talking about scrunching the scalp or pinching as an alternative.. This seems to conflict with what leon says about loosening up the muscles around the galea vs massaging the scalp directly..

Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure slowmoe and Maliniaks technique produce the same end result.... The main difference between & Maliniaks technique is that Slowmoe places his hands on the side and pushes upwards which then stretches the side muscles and loosens/relaxes the top/sides... Maliniak on the other hand just tells us to massage the side, front, and back muscles of the cranium.... BTW I'm sure slowmoes strap takes care of the muscles in back and front of the head too.... I think doing both would be best though man.

Last edited by Complexx on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors WAY too early in the morning)
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated! Empty Re: Maliniak method vs. scalp scrunching. For slowmoe or any other manual vets, feedback appreciated!

Post  Hairy Potter Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:59 am

They're doing the same things, but from different angles:

Maliniak - loosening scalp muscles with massage, stimulating blood vessels with violet ray.
Slowmoe - loosening scalp muscles with headband device (and possibly also massage), stimulating blood vessels on top of head with violet ray, scrunching, emu oil, inversion (and possibly other stuff too).

The theory is still the same - keep the scalp muscles as loose as possible and stimulate the blood vessels on the galea region.

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:58 am

Hairy Potter wrote:They're doing the same things, but from different angles:

Maliniak - loosening scalp muscles with massage, stimulating blood vessels with violet ray.
Slowmoe - loosening scalp muscles with headband device (and possibly also massage), stimulating blood vessels on top of head with violet ray, scrunching, emu oil, inversion (and possibly other stuff too).

The theory is still the same - keep the scalp muscles as loose as possible and stimulate the blood vessels on the galea region.
Don't forget wounding! Got my 1.5mm  dermaroller, gonna do 1x per week  

My scalp is easily 5x less sensitive since I started brushing (when I first started brushing it was excricuating) so I  figured rolling wouldn't be too painful... SHHEEIITT! WHen the needles pop through my skin, tears are popping out of my eyes at the same rate! There is no way in hell I could have done this back in the day when my scalp was badly inflamed..

I think the scrunches are most helpful when you get that sudden onset of inflammation, andy pins and needles or itchy sensation on your scalp.... Just reach up and simply loosen the scalp in that area and the sensation goes away immediately (for me)

BTW I also just push up one side at a time, some times, because it really lets that muscle stretch out without being limited by the scrunching skin. I really feel a nice stretching sensation and a warm fuzzy feeling, especially late in the day when the muscles are real tense
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairy Potter Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 am

SlowMoe wrote:

My scalp is easily 5x less sensitive since I started brushing (when I first started brushing it was excricuating) so I  figured rolling wouldn't be too painful... SHHEEIITT! WHen the needles pop through my skin, tears are popping out of my eyes at the same rate! There is no way in hell I could have done this back in the day when my scalp was badly inflamed.
Haha - rather you than me! 1.5mm seems long :-) I reckon I get plenty wounding with my trusty towel - then again I'm pretty darn rough with it. I break skin less often now though. Still .... seems to be working well

Hairy Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:24 am

SlowMoe wrote:

My scalp is easily 5x less sensitive since I started brushing (when I first started brushing it was excricuating) so I  figured rolling wouldn't be too painful... SHHEEIITT! WHen the needles pop through my skin, tears are popping out of my eyes at the same rate! There is no way in hell I could have done this back in the day when my scalp was badly inflamed..

I think the scrunches are most helpful when you get that sudden onset of inflammation, andy pins and needles or itchy sensation on your scalp.... Just reach up and simply loosen the scalp in that area and the sensation goes away immediately (for me)

BTW I also just push up one side at a time, some times, because it really lets that muscle stretch out without being limited by the scrunching skin. I really feel a nice stretching sensation and a warm fuzzy feeling, especially late in the day when the muscles are real tense
Slowmoe, does your scalp tighten up as much as before (when you weren't loosening the scalp) and in your opinion do you think it's okay to avoid dermarolling? It seems like you've been getting fantastic results with the stuff that you've been doing already (especially with the violet ray, emu, and strap/scrunched) what do you think?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:08 am

Do both. I have and have seen nothing but good things.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:20 am

Personally I think dermarolling should make the process alot faster because of deeper wounds...?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  helpmyhair1 Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:30 am

can someone explain exactly how scrunching is done?

helpmyhair1

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:48 am

helpmyhair1 wrote:can someone explain exactly how scrunching is done?
Put palms on sides of head where there is hair but no MPB exists on balsing individuals
(ear level). Push both hands up simultaneously firmly until skin won't go up any more, scalp should be wrinkly on top[, pressure off blood vessels boosting bloodflow, plus stretches the scalp muscle; muscles that are stretched regularly are generally looser.

You can stretch the muscles farther if you do one side at a time, move around the scalp until you have loosened in all planes

An alternative would be to grip the whole top scalp with your fingertips and squeeze and pull it up and loose that way.

The strap I sell holds the scalp in the loose position for an hour or longer pretty comfortably... Once your scalp gets loose and has a nice blood flow from brushing, supps, violet ray, laser helmet etc. yo will notice when your scalp departs from its comfortable state and starts bein inflamed, itchy..... As soon as that happens, I scrunch the scalp in the area of the sensation and it goes away immediatel, almost like I'm manually squirting some oil in a rusty machine.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  sizzlinghairs Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:39 pm

Thanks for the feedback slowmoe.

When I scrunch, I grasp both palms maybe 3-4 inches up from the ears on both sides, kind of right at the line where the galea meets the lower connecting muscles. Basically the spot where the full blown norwoord 7 would bald up to on the sides before it starts to become really severe and creep towards his ears.

I find that this spot gives me a better scrunch up top vs putting my palms right above the ears. Do you think this difference in placement might be effecting the degree of scalp loosening? If I go lower, I just dont feel much of the "scrunch"..

sizzlinghairs

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:24 am

sizzlinghairs wrote:Thanks for the feedback slowmoe.

When I scrunch, I grasp both palms maybe 3-4 inches up from the ears on both sides, kind of right at the line where the galea meets the lower connecting muscles. Basically the spot where the full blown norwoord 7 would bald up to on the sides before it starts to become really severe and creep towards his ears.

I find that this spot gives me a better scrunch up top vs putting my palms right above the ears. Do you think this difference in placement might be effecting the degree of scalp loosening? If I go lower, I just dont feel much of the "scrunch"..
Yeah that's basically where I put my hands, the more you can stretch the muscles the better. If they are real tight try doing stretches on one side at a time to get a better stretch and holding for 5-10 seconds
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:43 am

Slowmoe, do you use a topical 24hrs after dermarolling? I hope this is a breakthrough since some people are getting vellus hair where they haven't had for years. We'll know by next year.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  hairisthickening Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:16 am

what do you mean stretches slowmoe?

hairisthickening

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:26 pm

RisingFist wrote:Slowmoe, do you use a topical 24hrs after dermarolling? I hope this is a breakthrough since some people are getting vellus hair where they haven't had for years. We'll know by next year.
Just remember that dermatolling and topicals aren't shir when you don't loosen the Galea & use a brush or a ray (violet ray being the more effective treatment out of the two) to awaken dormant follicles if necessary.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  RKERR9 Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:38 am

I thought id add some anecdotal feedback here, for anyone that is interested.

I've been doing the manual methods, massage, headstand, scrunching, and haggerty excercises for a few weeks now and have noticed an increase in shedding, and my hair is in incredibly good condition. I have dry curly hair and it is soft and manageable which is VERY different to usual. I almost think the more the merrier, and the techniques probably compliment each other, rather than work against each other.

I definately believe there is some merit in these treatments now and I will continue to do them.
I'm considering purchasing a violet ray too, but i'm struggling to find one that I am confident will fit the specs malinak proposes, and I dont want to spend that much money!

RKERR9

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:14 am

RKERR9 wrote:I thought id add some anecdotal feedback here, for anyone that is interested.  

I've been doing the manual methods, massage, headstand, scrunching, and haggerty excercises for a few weeks now and have noticed an increase in shedding, and my hair is in incredibly good condition.  I have dry curly hair and it is soft and manageable which is VERY different to usual.  I almost think the more the merrier, and the techniques probably compliment each other, rather than work against each other.  

I definately believe there is some merit in these treatments now and I will continue to do them.  
I'm considering purchasing a violet ray too, but i'm struggling to find one that I am confident will fit the specs malinak proposes, and I dont want to spend that much money!
Contact me I have one for sale (if you're interested)
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  nzbalda Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:47 pm

has anyone read this study on manual methods, I guess it is similar to headstands
http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.php

nzbalda

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:39 pm

Very interesting study. Essentially it advises to massage your head 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night in order to compress the skin on your scalp to make it thinner, closer to your skull which removes grease from the follicles and provides better circulation and nutrients to the follicles. This also contradicts with what xenon says where we lose hair cause we put pressure on our scalp when sleeping and wearing hats due to rise in heat and inflammation. It's worth discussing cause it's something we cam all do if it's legitimate. I think the difference from a regular message is that we should push hard against our scalp in order to compress the skin.

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:11 am

I Thought that the opposite was happening
bald skin has become thinner and not thicker...

when i dermaroller the bald spots are more painful than no bald

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  nzbalda Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:24 am

I think what they are trying to achieve is actually skull compression to allow the top of the head to become more flat. It actually agrees with xenons theory of sleep pressure as this applies pressure on the sides of the head and not the top thus causing scalp to elongate and skin on top of head becomes "thicker"( measured by pinching skin between a micrometer), try pinching the skin on your head on the thinning and non thinning areas you will see how they defined thickness. so basically squash your head back into shape and youll grow some hair:-)

nzbalda

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:30 am

but i can't pinch the top of my head with my fingers, but is easy to pinch sides and back. So, that doesn't prove that my top head skin is less thicker?

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:14 am

I would like to add thing I've noted with scalp clay. When dried, it helps move around the scalp skin very nicely. I'm not sure if this in any way can fortify the theories discussed in this thread, but for me it really adds a new dimension.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  nzbalda Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 am

@tnt the study is implying you should be able to, in other words you personally have a very thick scalp on top and thin on sides according to the study. Read how the study defines thickness think it's figure 3? The one with a micrometer in it.

nzbalda

Back to top Go down

Post  TNT Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:27 am

nzbalda wrote:@tnt the study is implying you should be able to, in other words you personally have a very thick scalp on top and thin on sides according to the study. Read how the study defines thickness think it's figure 3? The one with a micrometer in it.
thx nzbalda, i will re read the study more carefully

TNT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next