Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles.

+3
dudebro
moby
CausticSymmetry
7 posters

Go down

Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. Empty Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles.

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:38 pm

J Invest Dermatol. 2013 Jun 27. doi: 10.1038/jid.2013.286. [Epub ahead of print]
Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles.
Vidali S, Knuever J, Lerchner J, Giesen M, Bíró T, Klinger M, Kofler B, Funk W, Poeggeler B, Paus R.

Department of Dermatology, University of Luebeck, Luebeck, Germany.

Thyroid hormones regulate mitochondrial function. As other hypothalamic-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) axis hormones, i.e., thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) and thyrotropin (TSH), are expressed in human hair follicles (HFs) and regulate mitochondrial function in human epidermis, we investigated in organ-cultured human scalp HFs whether TRH (30 nM), TSH (10 mU ml-1), thyroxine (T4) (100 nM), and triiodothyronine (T3) (100 pM) alter intrafollicular mitochondrial energy metabolism. All HPT-axis members increased gene and protein expression of mitochondrial-encoded subunit 1 of cytochrome c oxidase (MTCO1), a subunit of respiratory chain complex IV, mitochondrial transcription factor A (TFAM), and Porin. All hormones also stimulated intrafollicular complex I/IV activity and mitochondrial biogenesis. The TSH effects on MTCO1, TFAM, and porin could be abolished by K1-70, a TSH-receptor antagonist, suggesting a TSH receptor-mediated action. Notably, as measured by calorimetry, T3 and TSH increased follicular heat production, whereas T3/T4 and TRH stimulated ATP production in cultured HF keratinocytes. HPT-axis hormones did not increase reactive oxygen species (ROS) production. Rather, T3 and T4 reduced ROS formation, and all tested HPT-axis hormones increased the transcription of ROS scavengers (catalase, superoxide dismutase 2) in HF keratinocytes. Thus, mitochondrial biology, energy metabolism, and redox state of human HFs are subject to profound (neuro-)endocrine regulation by HPT-axis hormones. The neuroendocrine control of mitochondrial biology in a complex human mini-organ revealed here may be therapeutically exploitable.Journal of Investigative Dermatology advance online publication, 15 August 2013; doi:10.1038/jid.2013.286.

Last edited by CausticSymmetry on Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. Empty Re: Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles.

Post  moby Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:32 pm

That's awesome, now if only any of us could get a hold of some armour thyroid without going through some offshore Thailand pharmacy only for my shipment to get stuck at the customs and then having to deal with that pharmacy's customers support with people whose first language isn't English. At this point, cocaine would be easier to acquire than some harmless thyroid hormone replacement pills.

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles. Empty Re: Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis Hormones Stimulate Mitochondrial Function and Biogenesis in Human Hair Follicles.

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Since 2009 I formed a hypothesis that a large part of AGA hair loss is due to thyroid dysfunction.

The good news is that it is not necessary for most people to require thyroid hormones (except for those who have had an autoimmune disease or who have had radioactive thyroid 'treatments')

Another note is that Armour as of some years ago had been rendered less effective due to a change, however it is better to go about acquiring (if needed) Naturethroid or Westhroid. http://www.nature-throid.com/

However, as mentioned already, it is almost not necessary to rely on thyroid hormone because...it is better to repair the reason for the dysfunction.

For example, it could be the wheat, it could be the soy, it could be the heavy metals, it could be the sun tan loitions, or other endocrine disrupting chemicals...it could be the GMO's which are loaded with herbicide glyphosate. Please read the following citation to get an idea of the impact this has on everyone.

Toxicol In Vitro. 2012 Mar;26(2):269-79. doi: 10.1016/j.tiv.2011.12.009. Epub 2011 Dec 19.
A glyphosate-based herbicide induces necrosis and apoptosis in mature rat testicular cells in vitro, and testosterone decrease at lower levels.
Clair E, Mesnage R, Travert C, Séralini GÉ.

Université de Caen Basse-Normandie, EA2608, Institute of Biology, Esplanade de la Paix, 14032 Caen Cedex, France.

The major herbicide used worldwide, Roundup, is a glyphosate-based pesticide with adjuvants. Glyphosate, its active ingredient in plants and its main metabolite (AMPA) are among the first contaminants of surface waters. Roundup is being used increasingly in particular on genetically modified plants grown for food and feed that contain its residues. Here we tested glyphosate and its formulation on mature rat fresh testicular cells from 1 to 10000ppm, thus from the range in some human urine and in environment to agricultural levels. We show that from 1 to 48h of Roundup exposure Leydig cells are damaged. Within 24-48h this formulation is also toxic on the other cells, mainly by necrosis, by contrast to glyphosate alone which is essentially toxic on Sertoli cells. Later, it also induces apoptosis at higher doses in germ cells and in Sertoli/germ cells co-cultures. At lower non toxic concentrations of Roundup and glyphosate (1ppm), the main endocrine disruption is a testosterone decrease by 35%. The pesticide has thus an endocrine impact at very low environmental doses, but only a high contamination appears to provoke an acute rat testicular toxicity. This does not anticipate the chronic toxicity which is insufficiently tested, and only with glyphosate in regulatory tests.

I should mention that the EPA ("Evil Protection Agency) or Protector of Human degradation producing pesticides/herbicides and contributor to CCD (colony collapse disorder) has been lobbied to raise the "safe" level of glyphosate to which is already an atrocious 200 PPM (parts per million) to a ridiculous 6000 ppm level. The above study shows 35% drop in testosterone level at 1 part per million. This is a good example to show how greed can create a blind eye to public safety. More info here: http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-glyphosate-roundup-epa-483/

It has been recognized by recent research that testosterone levels have dropped 200% and that so-called "normal" testosterone levels (assessed by averages, continue to be lower and lower). I have seen an epidemic of very low T ranges....It's very alarming.

There is an inverse correlation of T to Hair loss (meaning less testosterone, more hair loss).

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dudebro Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:53 pm

my thyroid test done last month came back "normal" for T3/T4, or are the range references the labs use not accurate?

I do try to avoid these foods, but its increasingly harder and harder to find clean food. I really wonder how some people live off of cheap, GMO laden, wheat filled, HF corn syrup doused food and get away will amazing hairlines... something in their biochemistry is clearly fighting these toxins well.

dudebro

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:05 pm

dudebro wrote:my thyroid test done last month came back "normal" for T3/T4, or are the range references the labs use not accurate?

I do try to avoid these foods, but its increasingly harder and harder to find clean food. I really wonder how some people live off of cheap, GMO laden, wheat filled, HF corn syrup doused food and get away will amazing hairlines... something in their biochemistry is clearly fighting these toxins well.  
Are thyroid tests accurate? Usually not.

Why, because thyroid hormone activity is not measured within the cell.

There are "X" factors on why some bald with similar bad or good diets and others are not effected at all.

Over the years on this forum, many studies posted have differentiated balding and non-balding with several different characteristics.

One of the biggest is maintaining optimum testosterone levels. Or in young men, with SHBG levels high enough to prevent too much unbound testosterone.

In simple terms having optimal active minerals and less toxic minerals. Usually the opposite is true.

There is an enormous number of influences during life or even gestation and pre-gestation that can influence the outcome of balding vs non-balding.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:19 am

CS, a truly impressive prediction on your part.  Well done!

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:31 am

The glandular system does seem to be of target...
I tend to eat fruits that have thick skins for the pesticide reasons, rather than thin skins like grapes and apples.
If I buy thin skinned fruit I always get them organic. Avoidance of all gm foods and ingredients, grains ( wheat,corn,soy) avoiding vegetable oils, ( was a big factor in my hair loss) and pretty much all cooking oils except organic unrefined coconut oil for the seldom occasions I do cook with oil! I am also using organic safflower or organic olive oil for non cooking purposes, as well as simplifying my diet to more predictable outcomes. Though not convenient this habit of diet would bring a lot of relief to many peoples health deterioration's..

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:52 am

I forgot to mention something significant and there was a good article on it that came out just today...will make a post.  Apparently (and no surprise here) and that BPA (Bisphenol-A) increases the risk of anxiety in boys. It would make sense that this toxin is not only going to cause a big hit in our testosterone levels, but also increase susceptibility to anxiety.

Considering that virtually everyone has BPA levels far above "safe" levels is alarming enough. There's an effective way to eradicate them (infrared sauna), although it would be prudent to take safe precautions about heat generation (I learned this the hard way).

Getting sufficient iodine in (it opposes unwanted estrogen) along with selenium is a good precaution also.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:58 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I forgot to mention something significant and there was a good article on it that came out just today...will make a post.  Apparently (and no surprise here) and that BPA (Bisphenol-A) increases the risk of anxiety in boys. It would make sense that this toxin is not only going to cause a big hit in our testosterone levels, but also increase susceptibility to anxiety.

Considering that virtually everyone has BPA levels far above "safe" levels is alarming enough. There's an effective way to eradicate them (infrared sauna), although it would be prudent to take safe precautions about heat generation (I learned this the hard way).

Getting sufficient iodine in (it opposes unwanted estrogen) along with selenium is a good precaution also.
I fortunately dont have bpa issues due to my sources of water and avoidance of plastics and "common" products. I like the heavy metal detox qualities of sauna, but besides scalp over heating issues, are there any negatives to an infra red sauna?

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:32 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I forgot to mention something significant and there was a good article on it that came out just today...will make a post.  Apparently (and no surprise here) and that BPA (Bisphenol-A) increases the risk of anxiety in boys. It would make sense that this toxin is not only going to cause a big hit in our testosterone levels, but also increase susceptibility to anxiety.

So if one doesn't have access to a infrared sauna will iodine suffice as an effective way?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:37 am

BPA is very difficult to eradicate from the body. Because it is synthetic, the alien molecule is not easily removed...in addition, a potent estrogen as this can induce diabetes in small animals as little as 10 micrograms.

Estrogen, particular synthetic, inhibits iodine uptake in the body. Therefore to help prevent some of the negative effects, getting in more iodine will help remove and reduce negatives from it.

An infrared sauna is the most effective way to remove BPA, about 90% is removed after 30 days.

What I have done to deal with this issue (the heating issue) is to rinse off with cold water on the scalp. Also, one can take a towel soaked in cool water and wrap it around their head during the sauna use (for an added measure of protection).

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:19 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:BPA is very difficult to eradicate from the body. Because it is synthetic, the alien molecule is not easily removed...in addition, a potent estrogen as this can induce diabetes in small animals as little as 10 micrograms.

Estrogen, particular synthetic, inhibits iodine uptake in the body. Therefore to help prevent some of the negative effects, getting in more iodine will help remove and reduce negatives from it.

An infrared sauna is the most effective way to remove BPA, about 90% is removed after 30 days.

What I have done to deal with this issue (the heating issue) is to rinse off with cold water on the scalp. Also, one can take a towel soaked in cool water and wrap it around their head during the sauna use (for an added measure of protection).

Do infared saunas come with increased benefits over regular sauna rooms that would be found in local work out gyms? I do use a regular sauna here and there, and dosing head in cold water often ever since the talk about heat stress, which I have recently correlated with my absolute worst shed when I had consumed a lot of fried inflammatory oil and did athletic activity after which resulted in severe itching and shedding that day. This was well over a year ago, also before I had ever taken iodine or mineral supplements.Heat stress / itching hasnt been an issue ever since after that, as well as correcting the remaining factors that were wrong in my diet, but it may still be a silent enemy even if I no longer feel/see it. Cold water massages in the shower feel great, the only way I let my hair get wet now...

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:28 am

987 - There's a lot that can be written about the differences. I'll just mentioned the main points.
The temperature is normally maxed out at 150 F on an infrared, while a normal sauna can get to 200 F.
Also, an infrared sauna can be adjusted (most of them anyway) temperature wise.

Infrared red saunas are significantly more effective at detoxification and sweating (verses traditional versions), which is to bypass the kidney and liver. I strongly embrace the oral chelation methods (the gentle one), however they do not work in some people with some issues (sometimes there are limitations in nutrients or other factors), so this can help rid out some pretty awful stuff (a lot of the herbicides, BPA, and thousands of other things that were never meant to be exposed to human tissue).

I do not talk about these devices much, because it can cause problems with your hair unless the correct precautions are used. I also should mention the mineral salts, something is useful regardless.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:21 am

That's interesting. I've always been prone to high anxiety. Perhaps I am more susceptible to the xenoestrogens than most.

Also, do selenium and iodine detoxify xenoestrogens in addition to endogenous estrogens? If so maybe this is why iodine can reduce libido and sexual function in some. Maybe it's pulling the xenoestrogens out of the fat tissues and forcing the body to deal with them.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down