Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth?

+3
Complexx
zerogravity
7 posters

Go down

Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? Empty Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth?

Post  zerogravity Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Many have noticed a possible connection between MPB and changing scalp thickness and texture -- restricted mainly to the galea region (progressive scalp thinning, hardening, and tightening). What I don't completely understand is WHAT is actually happening to induce these changes and WHY they often correlate so strongly with MPB?

For example: Minoxidil actually thins skin by removing collagen (but regrows hair somehow) while dermarolling thickens skin by creating collagen (also regrowing hair somehow). I don't get it... maybe scalp thickness doesn't matter at all? Or is the thickness of specific layers of the scalp important... as in, maybe some layers should be thin and others thick?

I'm finally seeing why some believe MPB may actually be solved from an engineering perspective. Some of the research you guys have discussed recently really makes sense (tight galea -> hypoxia -> DHT -> inflammation -> hair loss) but there's still more to the puzzle that needs worked out. Dermarolling may help too... but time will tell.

I wish I had a large pool of people (men and women at various ages and degrees of balding) whose scalp skin I could examine to help understand this... but I don't haha.

Any help would be appreciated!

zerogravity

Back to top Go down

Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? Empty Re: Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth?

Post  Complexx Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:18 am

I'm pretty sure as you start addressing the lack of blood flow the scalp will return back to its original state of being. I wouldn't worry about this issue at all. What are you currently doing for your hairloss?
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth? Empty Re: Scalp thickness & texture -- effect on hair growth?

Post  zerogravity Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:57 am

I'm taking many of the supplements on this site and using Rejuveplex+AHK-Cu. I recently started dermarolling once a week with a 1.0 mm roller and using the homemade "scalp tension relaxer" strap SlowMoe designed. I've started to question the science behind using some of the supplements, though.

zerogravity

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:36 am

zerogravity wrote:I'm taking many of the supplements on this site and using Rejuveplex+AHK-Cu. I recently started dermarolling once a week with a 1.0 mm roller and using the homemade "scalp tension relaxer" strap SlowMoe designed. I've started to question the science behind using some of the supplements, though.
What supps are you taking? Only things you should be taking as supps are anti-inflammatory sups like Krill oil and a decent super greens powder. Supergreens powders also aid in supplying your blood with more oxygen. You should also consider buying a good topical with natural dht inhibitirs in it as well as the violet ray.... The violet ray is very, very helpful and an important tool that a lot of people are finding to be extremely helpful in stopping and regrowing hair.

A very good topical would be either plain ol' emu oil or something natural that uses emu oil as one if it's active ingredients (for optimal penetration of course) One of the best supps are Rudy's hair rejuvenator. It has almost every DHT inhibitor in it along with cayenne peppers (stimulates the circulation real good). You can literally feel your scalp tingling after applying this stuff.... Oh, and last but not least make sure you ingest coconut oil... Not only can it address your thyroid issue, but I also heard it was a natural DHT inhibitor as well when consumed orally. It's also good for topical use as well IMO.

Btw how long have you had the strap for and how is it going for you? That thing must be really good I might actually buy one. But anyways, I hope this helps though.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Skull bone grows upwards too much (main negative of dht here) and/or the scalps fatty layers depletes too much ( usually both happening in aggressive hair loss) while compressing the space/plumpness needed for robust hair production. Hair chokes, o2 decreases, 5ar increases, local aromatase decreases (likely needed for subcutaneous fat and protection against heat stress {xenon} ) - inflammation factors kick in stronger, usually started and worsened by the result of mineral deficiencies, low thyroid, bad oxygen blocking oils, poor dead diet choices, toxicity, electron shortages, (etc) which over time accumulate soft tissue calcifications and fibrosis(tgf-beta) within an already compressing and damaged area. Thus follicles shed consistently eventually leading to miniaturization like any organ does during "aging", when its blood flow decreases and its wrapped in webs of fibrosis...Unfortunate multiple self perpetrating processes thus leading to the conclusion of this problem. Best bet tackle it before it starts, too late for that sure, but at least sounds like your aiming in all the right areas, which should give slow results over long periods of time if your not too deep into the process... If you want your hair bad enough, die hard consistency of said efforts addressing all angles of the issue seems to be key, being the current realistic natural holistic response to all of the convolutions of balding... Id like to hear more info regarding the results of the straps that slowmoe uses as well.. GL

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:49 am

987 wrote:Skull bone grows upwards too much (main negative of dht here) and/or the scalps fatty layers depletes too much ( usually both happening in aggressive hair loss) while compressing the space/plumpness needed for robust hair production. Hair chokes, o2 decreases, 5ar increases, local aromatase decreases (likely needed for subcutaneous fat and protection against heat stress {xenon} ) - inflammation factors kick in stronger, usually started and worsened by the result of mineral deficiencies, low thyroid, bad oxygen blocking oils, poor dead diet choices, toxicity, electron shortages, (etc) which over time accumulate soft tissue calcifications and fibrosis(tgf-beta) within an already compressing and damaged area. Thus follicles shed consistently eventually leading to miniaturization like any organ does during "aging", when its blood flow decreases and its wrapped in webs of fibrosis...Unfortunate multiple self perpetrating processes thus leading to the conclusion of this problem. Best bet tackle it before it starts, too late for that sure, but at least sounds like your aiming in all the right areas, which should give slow results over long periods of time if your not too deep into the process... If you want your hair bad enough, die hard consistency of said efforts addressing all angles of the issue seems to be key, being the current realistic natural holistic response to all of the convolutions of balding... Id like to hear more info regarding the results of the straps that slowmoe uses as well.. GL

Good post

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ElmoSuper8 Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:54 am

Complexx wrote:
zerogravity wrote:I'm taking many of the supplements on this site and using Rejuveplex+AHK-Cu. I recently started dermarolling once a week with a 1.0 mm roller and using the homemade "scalp tension relaxer" strap SlowMoe designed. I've started to question the science behind using some of the supplements, though.
What supps are you taking? Only things you should be taking as supps are anti-inflammatory sups like Krill oil and a decent super greens powder. Supergreens powders also aid in supplying your blood with more oxygen. You should also consider buying a good topical with natural dht inhibitirs in it as well as the violet ray.... The violet ray is very, very helpful and an important tool that a lot of people are finding to be extremely helpful in stopping and regrowing hair.

A very good topical would be either plain ol' emu oil or something natural that uses emu oil as one if it's active ingredients (for optimal penetration of course) One of the best supps are Rudy's hair rejuvenator. It has almost every DHT inhibitor in it along with cayenne peppers (stimulates the circulation real good). You can literally feel your scalp tingling after applying this stuff.... Oh, and last but not least make sure you ingest coconut oil... Not only can it address your thyroid issue, but I also heard it was a natural DHT inhibitor as well when consumed orally. It's also good for topical use as well IMO.

Btw how long have you had the strap for and how is it going for you? That thing must be really good I might actually buy one. But anyways, I hope this helps though.

Hi Complexx, what supps are you taking? Have you managed to halt hair loss with your regimen?

Thanks

ElmoSuper8

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:54 am

Dannyboy wrote:
987 wrote:Skull bone grows upwards too much (main negative of dht here) and/or the scalps fatty layers depletes too much ( usually both happening in aggressive hair loss) while compressing the space/plumpness needed for robust hair production. Hair chokes, o2 decreases, 5ar increases, local aromatase decreases (likely needed for subcutaneous fat and protection against heat stress {xenon} ) - inflammation factors kick in stronger, usually started and worsened by the result of mineral deficiencies, low thyroid, bad oxygen blocking oils, poor dead diet choices, toxicity, electron shortages, (etc) which over time accumulate soft tissue calcifications and fibrosis(tgf-beta) within an already compressing and damaged area. Thus follicles shed consistently eventually leading to miniaturization like any organ does during "aging", when its blood flow decreases and its wrapped in webs of fibrosis...Unfortunate multiple self perpetrating processes thus leading to the conclusion of this problem. Best bet tackle it before it starts, too late for that sure, but at least sounds like your aiming in all the right areas, which should give slow results over long periods of time if your not too deep into the process... If you want your hair bad enough, die hard consistency of said efforts addressing all angles of the issue seems to be key, being the current realistic natural holistic response to all of the convolutions of balding... Id like to hear more info regarding the results of the straps that slowmoe uses as well.. GL

Good post

Actually this post is total bs lol.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Complexx Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:56 am

ElmoSuper8 wrote:
Complexx wrote:

Hi Complexx, what supps are you taking? Have you managed to halt hair loss with your regimen?

Thanks

Hi Elmo, take a look through my posts.. I posted my full regimen in one of them. If you can't find it just inbox me.
Complexx
Complexx

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:00 am

Good post. Makes sense to me, but don't forget about the violet ray gun wand factor and Rudy's Hair Oil. Very important. . .

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  LaurieGillespie Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:45 pm

In many person and by research I have seen that the scalp thickness and texture effect to the growth of hair. A single hair may live about four to five years. It has been that hair grows, on average, a little less then half inch in one or two months. The follicles some times gradually produce thin or small hairs. If your hair is not growing gradually then take the help of hair extension, it will make your hair more thick and nice by look.

LaurieGillespie

http://goo.gl/VsT5V0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down