Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone

+8
bobthebuilder
Biffy
NYJets
theseeker86
whodathunkit
shaftless
zerogravity
SlowMoe
12 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone Empty Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone

Post  SlowMoe Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:23 am

http://www.ijtrichology.com/article.asp?issn=0974-7753;year=2013;volume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone Empty Re: Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone

Post  zerogravity Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:44 am

I've heard a lot about this on the forums this year, but I believe 1.5 mm is asking for trouble with minox going even more systemic and/or inducing scarring. Some have had success with 0.5 - 1.0 mm rollers, though. Might be safer?

zerogravity

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone Empty Re: Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone

Post  shaftless Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Where does one buy a derma roller? Can you get one from stores or hair salons or just on the net? How would you make your own if possible?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:59 pm

If your head is shaved dermaroller would be just fine.  However, if you have any length to your hair at all (like over 1in.) I recommend a dermastamp.

You can get needling/rolling/stamping supplies at  www.owndoc.com .  International shipping.  Good customer service.  Dependable quality.

Personally, I wouldn't roll/stamp with minox at all.  Anything you put on a freshly rolled/stamped area is going straight into your system.

But the stamping/rolling might have some effect just from the healing process itself.

There is no real concern with scarring at 1.5 mm.  I've used 1.5 on my face with no problem, and in fact there is evidence to suggest that 1.5 is the optimum length to induce the "healing cascade".  Hurts, though.  Quite a bit.  And unless your head is shaved you can't use numbing cream there.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:56 am

Yeah I'm not trying to advocate minox at all. I believe minox was added the day AFTER rolling, which I guess means it really didn't help much with absorption, I think the site stated that the increase in growth was due mostly to frowth factors, angiogenesis etc.

This realy does look promising, I think I will add it!
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:49 am

!!!!!!!
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:37 am

Add what?  Dermarolling or minox?

I've been thinking of rolling for a while now, only the pain and the how apparently careful you have been with the routine of rolling as made me put it off (what i read is you need to apply all sorts of creams after rolling to make sure you get the proper benifits, again i only read this so not claiming its true)

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:12 am

theseeker86 wrote:Add what?  Dermarolling or minox?

I've been thinking of rolling for a while now, only the pain and the how apparently careful you have been with the routine of rolling as made me put it off (what i read is you need to apply all sorts of creams after rolling to make sure you get the proper benifits, again i only read this so not claiming its true)

Rolling. If this study is accurate, this is the fastest regrowth I've seen, not to mention the most massive gain in hair counts I've seen. There's a group of guys on hairlosshelp doing it, they say it's extremely painful though. My scalp isn't near as sensitive since I've started brushing though, so I don't think it'll be that bad.
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:28 am

If i were to try it I'd definitely be shaving my head and using numbing cream lol.

Are the group on hairloss help just rolling?  or using other creams to go with it?

I remember a thread here a while ago where someone was rolling and had a few terminal hairs spout i think that was it though, the thread was more for using rolling for stretch marks and skin problems like that though.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:20 am

I think if rolling was effective we'd know about it by now. It was all the rage on regrowth during the laser days, a lot of people tried it. I still feel it could be helpful and maybe just missing an adjunct treatment.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:23 am

I think I'm going to get this dermastamp http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088IDKIA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1RY29VDC6C0Y

And as a topical use this ozonated jojoba oil http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BI173KK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3B62O1YW2PLOM

Do any of you guys have any suggestions as to what oil/ topical may work better? What about hydrogen peroxide?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:09 am

Has anybody experience with these kind of cheap derma stamps?

http://www.dhgate.com/product/new-35-needles-titanium-derma-stamp-scar/169510766.html#cart_view-2-null

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:18 am

The cheap ones are probably just duller and will hurt more. A needle is a needle to me other than that....?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:24 pm

Is iodine having an positive effect?

"The shaven scalp was prepared with betadine and normal saline. A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted, which was considered as the end point of the procedure. All patients were instructed not to apply Minoxidil on the day of procedure and to resume its application only 24 h after the Microneedling procedure."
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:41 pm

For two weeks, every other day, I've been rolling with a .5mm, and applying white iodine immediately following. I roll until it's pink and warm. Using a purely water-based clear iodine, I apply it over the rolled sections. A minute later, there is a light tingling that last a few minutes, and it dries up within minutes. Only time will tell how effective this is!
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:55 am

Smurfy wrote:For two weeks, every other day, I've been rolling with a .5mm, and applying white iodine immediately following. I roll until it's pink and warm. Using a purely water-based clear iodine, I apply it over the rolled sections. A minute later, there is a light tingling that last a few minutes, and it dries up within minutes. Only time will tell how effective this is!
You need to go deeper 1.5mm. Also I believe someone correct me if I am wrong the regenerating effect from Iodine is cause with the staining effect. So clear iodine might not have that effect.

Treatment plan based on the study.

1. Minoxidil 5% daily, but after rolling wait 24 hours before applying minoxidil
2. Stain scalp with iodine, Lugols best
3. Dermaroll weekly (not fortnightly like most recommendations)

I would recommend anyone going down the minoxidil route to use a non alcohol, no pg etc.. solution.

minoxidil - Hair growth using dermarolling + minoxidil 4x greater than minoxidil alone 4
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Please report how it goes Bob. Some pictures before and after would be nice. Good growth to you sir!

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 am

This dude used a dermaroller pre lipogaine application:
https://vimeo.com/80537140

His youtube channel was pulled down, but his website has some detailed info.

WARNING: he does use fin and minox and had some restoration. That being said, it seems like this stuff is his religion... aside from working out lol.

hairlossfromsteroids.com

(I'm sure the sites been mentioned somewhere else on the forum so forgive me for any redundancies)

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  bobthebuilder Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:18 am

Biffy wrote:Please report how it goes Bob. Some pictures before and after would be nice. Good growth to you sir!
Thank you, and I am amazed on how think my hair has become over 3 weeks. Just did a dermaroll tonight, my scalp is changing. Tonight I had a total different feeling, tingling in the scalp with much more blood flow, hard to explain.
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:51 pm

YEP!! It really hurts... I am following the pubmed study - minus the minoxidil. I have only been at this for a month or so, it is early days yet.

When I am rolling, my eyes water and my nose runs. My scalp goes pink and I get minor bleeding spots here and there. I do it once a week straight after a shower while my hair is wet.

Time will tell...

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  poison123 Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:15 am

be very careful with minxodil guys, very very careful, this stuff can really mess things up if it is systemically absorbed which dermarolling may allow it to do. Tumors in the brain can occur.

poison123

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:43 am

"tumors in the brain"?
explain please

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  poison123 Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:54 am

JDawg wrote:"tumors in the brain"?
explain please

it seems minox can cause a prolactinoma, how this occurs is beyond me.

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Prolactin_Prolactinoma.aspx
http://www.slideshare.net/TaneeshaP/pituitary-gland-11819028

http://baldingblog.com/2010/10/27/minoxidil-and-prolactinoma/

the sexual side effects that have been documented over the years from minox users and outed as outlandish on some forums has some basis imo.

poison123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down