Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas?

+4
SlowMoe
takingaction
Duketronix
Growdamnit
8 posters

Go down

Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? Empty Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas?

Post  Growdamnit Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:02 am

I have a receding hairline. It's been almost 8 months of doing the Ferox method, vigorous massages, a healthy diet, and exercise, but I have not seen the results I would like to see. Yesterday, I literally scratched off so much dead skin from the temples that I could not believe it. The skin was hard and extremely unnatural. Is it possible that this is what was inhibiting the growth of my hair in the first place?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? Empty Re: Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas?

Post  Duketronix Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:23 am

I experienced something similar but much earlier in my manual methods journey. Personally I think it's a good thing.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas? Empty Re: Extreme amount of dead skin in balding areas?

Post  Growdamnit Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:43 pm

I am now bleeding MUCH more out of these areas. Is that a good thing? I know blood flow is the proper technique.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 am

That I can't say I've ever had.

IME I do what feels good and seems to keep myscalp healthy. If my scalp was "bleeding alot" or something I think I'd revise my techniques, personally.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:08 am

Duketronix wrote:That I can't say I've ever had.

IME I do what feels good and seems to keep myscalp healthy. If my scalp was "bleeding alot" or something I think I'd revise my techniques, personally.
How long would it take for me to get my hair back? Do we have to wait 2 years of doing manuals or something?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 am

Maybe even longer. I've been doing it just over a year and still making progress but at this rate it'll be probably be about 3 years if I can keep this pace. but by then I'd be at a full juvenile hairline, which I'm skeptical if I can get ot in the first place. But I guess I'll find out.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Duketronix wrote:Maybe even longer. I've been doing it just over a year and still making progress but at this rate it'll be probably be about 3 years if I can keep this pace. but by then I'd be at a full juvenile hairline, which I'm skeptical if I can get ot in the first place. But I guess I'll find out.
Even though my father had MPB, I'm almost positive stress is a huge factor in my case. If I can suppress the stress with meditation, I suppose I will have better results. I am also trying visualization techniques (not so sure how reliable they are).

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Fri May 10, 2013 5:06 am

My guess is there's a scalp condition like dermatitis. If so, that needs to be addressed.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri May 10, 2013 5:42 am

I think if you're scalp is bleeding you need to back off a bit
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Fri May 10, 2013 6:14 am

SlowMoe wrote:I think if you're scalp is bleeding you need to back off a bit
It only bleeds if I pinch after I brush.

EDIT: Also, isn't wounding beneficial for the healing/regrowth process?

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Fri May 10, 2013 9:14 am

Wounding is good but you don't want to do it too much too frequently. that can result in scar tissue forming and damaging the follicles if I remember correctly.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  retrohair Fri May 10, 2013 9:29 am

I rub coconut oil on my scalp for a few days when it starts to do this, It helps out big time. I tend to forget once its back to health and need to use more regularly.
This helps my scalp.

retrohair

Back to top Go down

Post  blahblahblah Sun May 12, 2013 4:11 am

When I ride the subway, sometimes I'm (unfortunatley) inches away form a balding guy's scalp. You can say layers and layers of dead skin, all different colors. It's quite disgusting. Almost always dandruff too. I've had patches of skin on my scalp before too. I used brushing and acids to remove them now.

blahblahblah

Back to top Go down

Post  meatwad Mon May 13, 2013 6:06 am

OP I had the same problem for a long time. Have you taken a full-spectrum allergy test? I get a serious fail in scalp health from eating just one piece if cheese or anything with wheat. My brother gets it with eggs.

If your idea of a healthy diet came from the TV or advertising or Western doctor, it's likely a deathly diet.

meatwad

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon May 13, 2013 2:00 pm

I have an extremely healthy diet, but I do eat a lot of eggs.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm

how is your scalp tightness? if you place a finger on your scalp, push down, and move the skin, do you notice movement at all? make sure to move the skin around and keep your finger pressed down hard.. not just move over the skin with the skin not moving, if that makes sense.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Mon May 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Ferox method and vigorous massaging everyday. My scalp is pretty loose.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down