Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Major hair loss due to inflamation EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Major hair loss due to inflamation

5 posters

Go down

Major hair loss due to inflamation Empty Major hair loss due to inflamation

Post  driven Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:18 pm

I've been suffering with some serious inflammation on my head, something like dandruff or eczema that makes the skin peel off and seems to attack my temples. The last episode I had made my hair fall out so fast that I can see the holes where the hair used to be and it left me with a NW3 in a matter of days. Nizoral shampoo heals it after a few days of use, but it keeps coming back every few months. I've been to the dermatologist and they just tell me the hair loss is from genetic MPB and to take propecia. Does anybody else have experience with this type of thing? Is there anything you do to help hair follicles heal better and possibly regrow?

driven

Back to top Go down

Major hair loss due to inflamation Empty Re: Major hair loss due to inflamation

Post  rofl Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:06 pm

noone seems to be helping u so ill chime in. although i cant properley say for sure wat it is, it sounds exactly like sebboraic dermititis, also known as cradle cap when it occurs in infants, it also strikes adults particularly when the immune system is down for some reason, and luckily for u i have alot of experience with it.

so first my background. although i do have mpb, and u probably do as well, sebboraic dermititis exacerbates it. it forms thick yellow scabs particlarly around the hairline ( about a cm back actually), and itches and makes u scratch, and the scabs pull ur hair out. I lost a significant amount of hair b4 i fixed it. With regards to regrowth, well, im not sure i have regrown hair there, however if its the sole cause im sure it will regrow, well if its in combination with mpb, then youll need to treat that simultaneously, using wat ever means u believe in be itchemicals or supplements or topicals.

FWIW sebboraic dermititis is caused by an overgrowth of malezzia furfur fungi, which is on all peoples skin, however it can grow out of control, and feeds off the fat in oil and sebum, and therefore the overgrowth is likely caused by something in ur diet, perhaps too much fat or lipids.
but who knows really. thats why it occurs in areas where mpb occurrs, because its also the same areas where theres alot of sebum. but i digress.

the way totreat it is with anti-fungals, and the best way is to use more than one antifungal, so the fungi cant get tolerant to one way of killing it, (this is how u treat microbiological infections usually, with 2 treatments, as well as combating inflammation.

so i was first (10 yrs ago) prescribed nizoral 2% and hydrocortizone cream, which worked for a while, then it came back. i then tried various natural anti fungals such as tea tree oil, grape fruit seed extract, coconut oil etc, and they all work a little bit but it always comes back, as u found out.

which leads me to my winning combination which has now kept it away for about 1 yr, and worked better than other things, so i suggest u try it.

shampoo- selsun gold which is selenium sulphide 25 mg/ml, u may have tried selenium sulphide in head and shoulders, but this strength seems to be much better. 2 times per week, leaving it in for 3 mins, use a natural shampoo with all the usual suspects the other days sauch as aloe, tea tree oil, coconut oil, etc. i tried all of them and now the best one is also the cheapest called organic care from the supermarket.

topical resolve plus or equivalent, which is miconazole, and hydrocortizone. or if u want something stronger, go to ur doctor and ask for elecon lotion, which is mometasone, which is a cortico steroid stronger than hydrocortizone.

those two will treat the fungal infection in 2 different angles, while reducing inflammation.

also work on ur diet. my suggestion would be to reduce carbohydrates and fat , and increase protein, but its complicated, and to be honest i havent improve3d mine much.

on top of that treat the mpb separately, with either chemicals or naturals such as the IH regime.

hope that helps. btw nizoral is imo useless for sebboraic dermititis, it does work for a little while, but doesnt work long term. eventually u can cut down to selsun gold once a week, and no topicals. but youll still have to treat mpb.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  panoslydios Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:26 pm

i succesfully treat Seborrheic Dermatitis with the use of microneedling 1mm once 3 weeks or once a month.
I bought an anti-fungal but i didnt like it since it made my hair oily and had to wash very often.
Also i changed my diet .
So in my case ,,the treatment was: needling +diet.
panoslydios
panoslydios

Back to top Go down

Post  rickfowler Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 pm

The cause of scalp inflammation can occur from various things including allergy, illness, diet, hormonal imbalance and stress. In order to stop this problem you need to find the doctor who helps you out in this condition.

The Major hair loss will lead to distress, for its prevention, consult your doctor or consult an expert physician like Dr. Cole at forhair.com who would able to provide the exact course of treatment for it.

rickfowler

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:23 pm

rickfowler wrote:
The cause of scalp inflammation can occur from various things including allergy, illness, diet, hormonal imbalance and stress. In order to stop this problem you need to find the doctor who helps you out in this condition.

The Major hair loss will lead to distress, for its prevention, consult your doctor or consult an expert physician like Dr. Cole at forhair.com who would able to provide the exact course of treatment for it.

Does Dr. Cole approve of this spamming you are doing?

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down