Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fake testimonials over at Iherb????

+9
OpenUp2URminD
tooyoung
Hoppipolla
theseeker86
soccerguy
herbivorous
lund
hadrion
Misirlou
13 posters

Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty Fake testimonials over at Iherb????

Post  Misirlou Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Could this be the case? 95% av all products have 4.5 or 5.0 rating. When I read the testimonials I get a feeling that they come from the same "pen". What do you guys think? Perhaps I'm just being paranoid here bom

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty Re: Fake testimonials over at Iherb????

Post  hadrion Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:33 am

Mis - I think they are real for the most part. They solicit reviews from me after every order I make by an email follow up and I've posted a few on there which show up. Some of mine are not glowing and they didn't take them down.

That said, it's easy enough for a company to have "plants" show up there and pump up their scores.

I would go more on what you hear in this forum since none of us make any money off the supps and we don't seem to focus on one brand. My wife laughs at how many different brands of stuff I take.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty Re: Fake testimonials over at Iherb????

Post  lund Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:40 am

There is probably some steering that occurs on each supplement review site ~ so I agree, read with a grain of salt....

On the other hand, iHerb defaults to listing the reviews from Best to Worst ~ so unless you sort the reviews differently, you will find the bad reviews in the end. I always sort it from "Worst to best" to read the crap stuff...

lund

Back to top Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty I have been solicited for feedback

Post  herbivorous Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:10 pm

I have ordered many items from iherb, they ask every time for feedback. As herbs and vitamins are hard to evaluate, I waited for a long time to see their action. I can tell you now that none of them really work. Someone has to do a chemical analysis on iherb products. I am sure most of them are inactive. What a scam!!!! The good thing is that I am now rejecting all vitamins and supplements. I just eat fruit and veges and take herbs that are plants. I could have saved myself thousands if I did this earlier! Sad As they said, we living in Western affluent nations have the most expensive pee in the world. And companies like iherb make sure that we do not harm anything with our pee coming form their placebo pills... Except our pockets...

herbivorous

Back to top Go down

Post  soccerguy Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:14 pm

I would say most seem real. Thee are plenty of negative reviews.

soccerguy

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:35 pm

herbivorous wrote:I can tell you now that none of them really work.

That's quite a claim to make.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty iherb needs lab tests on their products by the FDA?

Post  herbivorous Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:23 pm

theseeker86 wrote:
herbivorous wrote:I can tell you now that none of them really work.

That's quite a claim to make.

yes, i know. it would fill a book to tell the full story .. and of course, i can only make impressionistic claims, not scientific as i have no lab at my disposal, alas.

But I tell you one herb i know very well -- Siberian ginseng -- worked well with other brands and did not at all with iherb version. Same for others and some had side effects I did not feel before (Melatonin).

What I said is that sure some of the competitors could at least make tests or the FDA, even better, because who would believe competitors... Cheap prices at iherb seem to come with a cost...

herbivorous

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:51 pm

iHerb sell loads of products from respected brands like Jarrow and NOW and stuff though don't they? I find it hard to believe they are all "inactive"!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:10 pm

herbivorous wrote:
yes, i know. it would fill a book to tell the full story

The supplements i purchase from iherb work for me.

Would supplements/brands were you using?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty what i was using?

Post  herbivorous Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:33 pm

theseeker86 wrote:
herbivorous wrote:

When I get a moment I will tell you. It's a big list over last few years.

herbivorous

Back to top Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty Need a lab test

Post  herbivorous Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:35 pm

herbivorous wrote:
theseeker86 wrote:
herbivorous wrote:

When I get a moment I will tell you. It's a big list over last few years.

But basically we know that most drugs and supplements work as placebos. So what I say and you say is just an impression.

One needs objective testing.

herbivorous

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:00 am

herbivorous wrote: I am sure most of them are inactive.

What if you're just one of the people that doesn't react to many/any supps?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty My experience with supplements

Post  herbivorous Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:39 am

tooyoung wrote:

Very briefly, I found that overall supps, aside from being expensive and possibly ineffective due to shonky manufacturing standards, were just further disrupting my system due to their combined action/inaction, etc. At times I simply took too many (up to 10 of vits and supps).

I have now gone on a vegetarian diet, lost 8 kg, and feel a lot better. I eat fresh fruit and vegs and drink fresh juices. My system is rebalancing naturally. I would now never even look back to my period of trying to find "magic" cures from my ills from vits and supps and herbs during most of my life (the only good thing is that I stayed away from doctors, that would have really screwed me up). I think a lot of my behavior re this excessive reliance on vits and supps was due to "oral ingestive" compulsions and unmet psychological needs.

That is just my opinion.

And I would love to see some of the vits and supps (not only from iherb) tested as to their chemical composition and potency and freshness. I think there is a big racket going on there folks, masked by placebo effects and marketing and so on.

herbivorous

Back to top Go down

Post  OpenUp2URminD Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:48 am

You should write reviews of the supplements you take on iherb...
OpenUp2URminD
OpenUp2URminD

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:50 am

I've work in very large institutions which have given very large assortments of supplements, from brands such as those found on iherb.com which happen to be in general, some of the best around. Tens of thousands have benefited.

There's plenty of evidence to support the action of supplements, however nothing works for everyone. Diets also differ in response to the individual. For me personally, I do not feel at my best on a vegetarian regimen, even a juicing one, whereas many others do.

Personal trial and error is the ultimate truth--the placebo effect only lasts so long.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:06 am

herbivorous wrote:
tooyoung wrote:

Very briefly, I found that overall supps, aside from being expensive and possibly ineffective due to shonky manufacturing standards, were just further disrupting my system due to their combined action/inaction, etc. At times I simply took too many (up to 10 of vits and supps).

I have now gone on a vegetarian diet, lost 8 kg, and feel a lot better. I eat fresh fruit and vegs and drink fresh juices. My system is rebalancing naturally. I would now never even look back to my period of trying to find "magic" cures from my ills from vits and supps and herbs during most of my life (the only good thing is that I stayed away from doctors, that would have really screwed me up). I think a lot of my behavior re this excessive reliance on vits and supps was due to "oral ingestive" compulsions and unmet psychological needs.

That is just my opinion.

And I would love to see some of the vits and supps (not only from iherb) tested as to their chemical composition and potency and freshness. I think there is a big racket going on there folks, masked by placebo effects and marketing and so on.

What if your gut health improved after removing damaging things in your diet and before your gut was poor so supplements had little effect?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Fake testimonials over at Iherb???? Empty Everyhting is possible...

Post  herbivorous Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:11 am

What if your gut health improved after removing damaging things in your diet and before your gut was poor so supplements had little effect?[/quote]

Yes, I guess this is possible to some extent... and I wonder if this applies to a lot of other people...

Of course, in the past I would have taken another supplement for gut health... Smile and kept overloading my system...

herbivorous

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:39 pm

the problem with the OP's statement, is that it implys iherb is deceiving us.

I believe u that many or all supplements dont work for u, but iherb sells virtually all the major brands. at good prices.

It comes down to the disclaimer i think. which basically says nothing is proven to work, apart from drugs. We all know why, money, fda laws, etc. but there it is.

so u cant blame iherb for selling us these things. Its not theyre fault if something doesnt work. They sell to us on the understanding that they r unproven, and the things they claim doesnt constitute medical advice.

they r giving us the option to try new unproven things. where if the fda gets its way, we will have only the option of trying proven things. i.e. drugs.

if iherbs brands arent working for u, i dont see how any brands would.

i suggest the same that others have, look into liver function and digestion. maybe theres just an absorption problem.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:42 pm

I've put in negative reviews before and they either don't go through, or do go through and then get deleted after a certain amount of time. They have to maintain a ratio for all their products, if there are too many negative reviews they have to change that.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  veljanov Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:47 pm

I order a lot and often in the store, but never received a bad product ...
veljanov
veljanov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down