Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dale Alexander EmptyToday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dale Alexander EmptyToday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Dale Alexander EmptyYesterday at 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dale Alexander EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dale Alexander EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Dale Alexander EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Dale Alexander EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Dale Alexander EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Dale Alexander EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dale Alexander

+3
Misirlou
Hairbeback
Delphine
7 posters

Go down

Dale Alexander Empty Dale Alexander

Post  Delphine Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Dale Alexander wrote a number of health books back in the 70's. Two of them were about hair growth:

How I Stopped Growing Bald and Started Growing Hair

Healthy Hair and Common Sense

They're out of print now but used copies are available at Amazon. I remember when I was following his protocol back then, someone I met at a bus stop
told me I looked like a schoolgirl. I was about 29. Very Happy
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Dale Alexander Empty Re: Dale Alexander

Post  Hairbeback Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Link? Thanks

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:54 pm

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?40486-Experiences-with-hair-loss-and-growth

Trust me, I'll get to the subject of this thread.

Back in the late seventies, I was watching Johnny Carson one night, and he introduced a man who claimed he had a cure for baldness. As the man sat down, the audience continued to laugh and snicker. Why? Because the man was obviously bald. Johnny then asked for the cameras to zoom in on the top of his head. There you could see thin hair completely covering the top of his head (highly unusual), NOT completely devoid of hair as you would expect. The mans name was Dale Alexander. He had written a book called Healthy Hair and Common Sense. Dale Alexander himself started going bald when he was nineteen and it devastated him socially. He set out to understand baldness. To make a long story short, he discovered that the answer was a healthy diet of mostly raw foods. He spent years noting what foods seem to cause his hair to thin, and what foods seem to stop his hair loss. In his book, his cure is based on his diet of healthy foods - blender drinks, salads, etc. Not everything he recommended was raw - maybe 80%. But he was obviously on the right track. One thing of interest that he claimed, is that it was possible to regain all your lost hair over only the last five years - but not beyond.

Even though the book is long out of print, I see there are many used copies available on Amazon for less than a dollar - I would highly recommend it. Amazon link HERE

Dale also wrote a book about curing arthritis - again based on a highly nutritious diet.

http://www.amazon.com/Healthy-Hair-P-Dale-alexander/dp/0671432788

http://www.amazon.com/Stopped-Growing-Bald-Started-Hair/dp/B0006BYSAQ
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 am

One of the hair-growing foods he recommended was raw onions. He said they had a germinating effect on hair follicles - or something like that. Other foods he mentioned having
this effect were raw wheat germ and raw eggs.

Looking online, I see that most of the links talking about onions and hair growth are about putting onion juice on the scalp. I also found this:

http://priyabeautyrecipes.com/onions-for-hair-growth/

Add minced onion to your shampoo. Let stand for fifteen days and use the shampoo regularly. Not only will it accelerate hair growth but it will give your hair glacial shine.

So I just did this (using the Vitamix to liquefy the onion) and am steeping in shampoo now. My hair is shiny already but there's always room for more. Very Happy
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:26 am

Please keep us updated!
Surely the presumed effect would be better if put into a over-night lotion or at least a treatment sitting on scalp for an hour or so?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:54 am

There was a couple of studies, one in Iraq, where alopecia areata patients rubbed onion juice on their head for weeks, worked for only 40% of the patients.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuuu_Dx Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:20 am

So 10 of us here rub onion on our heads and 4 of us no longer need this forum afro

Nuuu_Dx

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:02 pm

Sure, will update after the shampoo/onion has steeped long enough.

I do think the onion juice used straight on the scalp is worth a try, also eating raw onions as Dale Alexander recommended. Raw garlic is good too. Guacamole with onion and garlic, mmmm.

Misirlou wrote:Please keep us updated!
Surely the presumed effect would be better if put into a over-night lotion or at least a treatment sitting on scalp for an hour or so?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Isreviro Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 pm

So did he actually regrow his hair or no? Just because his head was filled with vellus hairs doesn't mean its really regrowth. Did he get a full head of hair?

Isreviro

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:53 am

Nuuu_Dx wrote:So 10 of us here rub onion on our heads and 4 of us no longer need this forum afro

if you're suffering from areata I guess, not androgenic MPB

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 am

I recall he said he started too late to fully regrow. From the earlier quote:

One thing of interest that he claimed, is that it was possible to regain all your lost hair over only the last five years - but not beyond.

Isreviro wrote:So did he actually regrow his hair or no? Just because his head was filled with vellus hairs doesn't mean its really regrowth. Did he get a full head of hair?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Forgot to mention, Dale was big on cod liver oil for everything - skin, hair, joints. He wrote a book titled Arthritis And Common Sense,
touting cod liver oil as the remedy. (12 reviews of the book on Amazon, 10 of them give it 5 stars.) Doctors labeled him a quack and
he was called the "Cod-Father", but today we know it makes EPA which helps control inflammation and pain.

I used to take it as he recommends here (just found online) with milk, and I may start up again.

“HOW TO TAKE COD LIVER OIL” “SKIN VITALITY DRINK”
By Dale Alexander

Follow this set of instructions carefully.

To achieve the best results, take your Cod Liver Gil Mini-Milkshake one hour before breakfast. If
more convenient, you may drink the mixture just before bedtime. at least 4 hours añer your evening
meal (or last food).

To mix and emulsify the Cod Liver Oil with whole milk is a simple procedure. Pour 2 ounces whole
milk into a screw-top jar. The jar should be large enough to hold 4-5 ounces of liquid.

Add 1 tablespoon of Cod Liver Oil, preferably from the cold waters of the North Sea.

Shake vigorously for about 15 seconds. The Cod Liver Oil Mini-Milkshake will then become foamy.
Dlink the mixture immediately.

Do not take any añer this oil mixture for at least 1 hour.

If you are allergic to milk, or do not prefer it, you may use 2 ounces of fresh strained orange juice.
However, I must tell you that COD LIVER OIL is much more etïeotive and Works faster when it’s
mixed with milk.

It is important to use a four to ounce screw-top jar. If you use a larger jar, more ofthe oil will be
leñ clinging to the inside surface ofthe jar, and your body will receive a lesser amount.

Do not mix the Cod Liver Oil in lemon or grapeñ'uit juice, These juices are too caustic. Whole milk,
or fresh strained orange juice are the only kinds of liquid that are effective.

Avoid the use of concentrated frozen or canned orange juice. It should be fresh and put through a
strainer`

Cod Liver Oil capsules are not to be substituted. The content of capsules is quickly captured by the
liver, since gelatin promotes digestion, and the skin linings are denied proper lubrication.

Alter a while, you can start to taper down on the use ofthe Mini-Milkshake. After you see that the
dryness of your hair or scalp has been corrected, or When a normal supply of Wax returns to your ears,
then you can begin to ease up on your Cod Liver Oil intake.

Do not stop taking the Cod Liver Oil suddenly. At ñrst, consume the mixture every other morning,
instead of daily. Continue to follow this plan for approximately six months. Then, the use ofthe oil
can taper to once a week.

Note: If you have a troublesome gall bladder, or have had it removed, use only a teaspoon of Cod
Liver Oil in the mixture and take it on alternate days.

Other people who should deviate from the above rules are those suffering from ailments like high blood
pressure, heart disease and diabetes. These individuals may not assimilate oils very quickly. They should
take the mixture every other night, or just twice a week.

Those with eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, any type of ulcer, or skin im'tation owing to nerve involvement,
should use only whole milk to mix with their Cod Liver Oil. Anyone with ailments mentioned above is
oñen allergic to the citric acid and fruit sugar ofthe orange.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:23 pm

I've been using the shampoo with onion and it works great. Hair is shinier and has more body.

Delphine wrote:
Sure, will update after the shampoo/onion has steeped long enough.

I do think the onion juice used straight on the scalp is worth a try, also eating raw onions as Dale Alexander recommended. Raw garlic is good too. Guacamole with onion and garlic, mmmm.

Misirlou wrote:Please keep us updated!
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down