Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Social Stress Leading to Inflammation

+8
NYJets
Growdamnit
CausticSymmetry
Hali-L
Zaphod
gdfghh
hawking45
12 posters

Go down

Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  Empty Social Stress Leading to Inflammation

Post  hawking45 Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 am

Hey everyone,

Came across this article while doing some research stemming from some threads awhile back about cortisol levels. In short the article explains that individuals with increased reaction to social rejection or social anxiety have greater inflammatory responses.

Here is the article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100809133323.htm
Here is the thread that inspired this research: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t5007p15-discussion-of-corticotropin-releasing-hormone-and-mpb

In the above thread CS and others recommended this for treating high levels of anxiety.
-GABA
-Inositol
-Niacinamide
-Azadirachta (Neem leaf)
-Icarrin (Horny Goat Weed)

From my personal experience, I've found that being in high stress situations, such as work or school do trigger inflammation. On another note, I've long been puzzled by the fact the majority of the times I smoke marijuana inflammation is triggered or becomes worse. I have much more social anxiety when I'm using marijuana, possibly evidence that this is my problem.

hawking45

Back to top Go down

Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  Empty Re: Social Stress Leading to Inflammation

Post  gdfghh Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:06 am

Increasing sugar consumption has nearly obliterated all stress and anxiety I feel in social situations. A few people have even asked me why or how I'm so happy, others ask if it's only water in my water bottle. If cortisol is your problem, sugar may provide a solution. For me it is extremely effective.
gdfghh
gdfghh

Back to top Go down

Social Stress Leading to Inflammation  Empty Re: Social Stress Leading to Inflammation

Post  Zaphod Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:16 am

Dont use marijuana - at least heated or publicly:)...

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Hali-L Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:45 am

hawking45 wrote:I've long been puzzled by the fact the majority of the times I smoke marijuana inflammation is triggered or becomes worse.

I second that, smoking weed triggered inflammation in my scalp.
Hali-L
Hali-L

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:11 am

There's research to back this up. CB's have inhibiting control on hair growth

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:24 am

I have found the best thing for chronic inflammation is grounding. 8-10 hours of application while you sleep is beneficial in many ways. Add a negative ion generator and it's a very restful sleep, nothing comes close for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  hawking45 Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:22 am

4039 - Yes, I'm in the process of finding a good grounding technique. I did read your posts on earthing, but some of the options are unavailable to myself. Any recommendations on earthing for apartments?

CausticSymmetry - Sorry but what do you mean by CB's? Cannabinoid? From what I've researched endocannabinoid N-arachidonoylethanolamide and exocannabinnoid (9) -tetrahydrocannabinol cause hair problems. In the same thread I got this information you mention that Curcumin and Resveratrol help fight exo and endo cannabinoids. I'm taking the top 6 plus some of the auxiliary supplements while continuing to smoke, haven't seen any difference but I'm going to experiment with it. If theres any other information on this let me know!

hawking45

Back to top Go down

Post  Growdamnit Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Smoking weed doesn't cause hair loss. There are PLENTY of potheads out there who have INSANE heads of hair.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm

Whether the weed itself or the preexisting condition hurts is hard to say. Only thing for sure is that cultured dermal papilla cells exposed to it will suffer. I've seen both balding and non-balding, and whether it actually hurts or not, how it is done could make all the difference or not.

The main thing though is that the body makes endocannabinoids, and if that is elevated, is more likely to be key. This is where stress or certain foods can affect these levels.

This is what curcumin/resveratrol will guard against.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:22 pm

hawking45 wrote:Hey everyone,

Came across this article while doing some research stemming from some threads awhile back about cortisol levels. In short the article explains that individuals with increased reaction to social rejection or social anxiety have greater inflammatory responses.

Here is the article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/08/100809133323.htm
Here is the thread that inspired this research: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t5007p15-discussion-of-corticotropin-releasing-hormone-and-mpb

In the above thread CS and others recommended this for treating high levels of anxiety.
-GABA
-Inositol
-Niacinamide
-Azadirachta (Neem leaf)

From my personal experience, I've found that being in high stress situations, such as work or school do trigger inflammation. On another note, I've long been puzzled by the fact the majority of the times I smoke marijuana inflammation is triggered or becomes worse. I have much more social anxiety when I'm using marijuana, possibly evidence that this is my problem.

Hawking,

Stay away from high THC strains or "skunk" weed. THC exacerbates underlying anxiety and also triggers it and in more rare and extreme cases causes manic episodes, psychosis etc in those with underlying genetic susceptibility or other contributing variables such as gut dysbiosis. We can't blame the cannabis plant itself for this however. Overall, the plant in it's natural form is an amazing medicine with higher cbd levels than the majority of the cannabis that is sold today. The prohibition has caused this unique paradox. The CBD has been bred out of the plant strictly for recreational purposes by street dealers with the THC being increased to 30:1 ratios. Instead of 2 to 1 or 1 to 1 ratio CBD:THC ratios. CBD is truly a medicine without the psycho active effects of THC and actually counters THC effects such as anxiety, depression, memory loss etc. It works great for anxiety IME. You don't even notice an effect really which is perfect. It's shown to be an anxiolytic, antidepressant, neuroprotective and anti cancer. It improves memory IME.

Some more on cannabinoids:

The cannabioids which have been identified as antioxidants(electron donors) are HU-211, Δ9-THC(specifically the (+) isomer), CBD, CBN, nabilone, and L-nantradol.
Experiments with cultures of rat cerebrocortical neurons have shown CBD to protect against glutamate-induced neurotoxicity, and neurotoxicity mediated by NMDA, AMPA and kainate receptors. Δ9-THC was also effective against AMPA/kainate receptor-mediated toxicity and neither it nor CBD was antagonized by SR141716A. CBD was found to be more neuroprotective than 2 endogenous antioxidants, α-tocopherol(Vitamin E) & ascorbic acid(Vitamin C). Evidence exists also that CBD ad Δ9-THC can protect serum-deprived human B lymphoblastoid cells or mouse NIH 3T3 fibroblasts from oxidative cell death.

A currect theory as to why certain cannabinoids such as CBD possess antioxidant activity is because like the established antioxidant tocopherol, they contain a pheonlic OH group and a hydrophobic alkyl side chain. This may explain why cannabinoids such as anandamide and WIN55212-2 lack detectable antioxidant activity, as they also lack those structural features

http://www.nature.com/npp/journal/v36/n6/full/npp20116a.html

http://stroke.ahajournals.org/content/36/5/1071.long

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697769/

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0028390806003923

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/192/4/306.ful

http://www.nature.com/npp/journal/v31/n4/abs/1300838a.html

Some other things that have seemed to work for me for anxiety have been MgCl, krill oil, high dose taurine, ecgc, now true calm is ok.

High intensity exercise can help as well.

Neither Ecklonia Cava nor Mag Threonate worked for me although I was in a high stress situation the month I tried Threonate and I believe it could be really helpful if properly nourished and right environment and higher dosage than LEF recommends from a study I read.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:41 am

I heard that hemp has a goodly amount of cannabidiol (cbd) in it. Are there any "legal" products like hemp tea made from the leaves and stems of hemp? So far all I can find in north america are hemp seed products like hemp seed oil and hemp protein powder which have next to zero cbd in it.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:15 am

FWIW, my hair loss didn't stop until I addressed underlying emotional and psychological problems. There were also some early life traumatic experiences which made me more prone to anxiety and self-image problems. I don't mean normal anxiety either... I would be sitting in class or having a conversation with someone and my heart would be pounding, without any reason. While taking tests in college, I spent about 50% of the time repeatedly telling myself, "you don't know this. you're not going to figure this out." Of course all of these issues are still there, but to a much smaller degree. The average person has mental conversations at a rate of thousands of words per minute. Some people constantly think negatively, and others think positively. It takes effort to fight back years of psychological conditioning and habit.

Fear of social rejection and body image issues played a huge part.

For example, being underweight all my life had been affecting me subconsciously and I wasn't even aware of it. It affected my body language, the way I walked, and the way I talked to people. I started lifting weights and I gained about 15 lbs. Still underweight, but I look so much better than before. I've also always been self-conscious of my height. You might have heard about how people who are taller end up with higher-paying jobs.

With regard to social anxiety... whenever i had a negative interaction with someone, I would always conclude that it was my fault. I reversed that thinking now. The truth is that everybody is nuts, so there's no reason to think someone else is better than you in any way. It used to destroy me inside when I thought someone didn't like me. But now i simply don't care. I just simply think "fuck that guy."

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:14 pm

hawking45 wrote:Hey everyone,

-GABA
-Inositol
-Niacinamide
-Azadirachta (Neem leaf)

Excellent topic. I can relate to this fully. I've always put down my anxiety to the fact that I started losing my hair around 17, but looking back I can see that I was actually quite anxious during my Secondary school years as well fact is I just hid it from everyone including myself. To this day I've accepted it (23 now) but nobody actually would think it and would actually think the opposite. I'm very social and considered the "funny guy" which is probably just a way of dealing with my anxiety. But really I'm extremely anxious down mainly due to my body image and genetics. I completely avoid mirrors and hate cameras, wish it was the opposite but it's not. Anyways, I've realized that when my hair is longer, hungover or uncomfortably warm etc.. my inflammation tends to be worse. This is amplified by bad diet as well. Only thing I've actually noticed that helps is alcohol. Alcohol consumption completely eliminates the inflammation which is incredible to me as a person who suffers very heavy inflammation on the scalp. Honestly from the moment I begin drinking the inflammation halts. I can think of three reasons why this might happen but can't actually find out if it's just one factor or all three that play a part in this. This is what I think may be the reason for the elimination of inflammation-

-Vasodilation
-Alcohol's effect on Andorgens and other hormones
-Alcohol cutting anxiety which it tends to do immediately

I believe that if I was able to keep doing whatever alcohol does to eliminate inflammation consistently then I would not lose anymore hair. For a person who suffers from very heavy inflammation daily you can see these effects very clearly. My scalp feels loose, no pain, no inflammation and just feels like it did when I was 13. Now unfortunately alcohol isn't a solution and obviously leads to all sorts of problems and I understand this. But if it were possible to somehow duplicate the effect that alcohol has on my scalp through other methods which are healthy it would I feel be a big plus in terms of hair. I've seen plenty of alcoholics with a full head of hair but I'm not just going to jump and say that it stops hair loss because most likely it doesn't and there probably is the same amount of alcoholics that are bald out there as there are with hair. But I'd like someone to be able to explain to me why I can't feel inflammation at all when I drink. It really is incredible to someone who suffers constant inflammation.

As for marijuana, I'm one of those people who isn't able to smoke, my heart begins pounding and it gets hard to breath etc. all symptoms of an anxiety attack. Talking to my father who is a doctor he says skunk weed etc causes this type of reaction in patients he sees. I recently went to Amsterdam with friends and said fuck it I'll smoke and started getting the feeling immediately, so I just drank and all of a sudden I'm smoking weed without any symptoms. I believe this is down to the fact that alcohol has lessened my anxiety and therefore symptoms that should have arisen with the weed haven't. I'm not really good at explaining this stuff but in short I can smoke marijuana when I'm drinking and not anxious but not any other time.

Don't get me wrong I'm not pro-alcohol at all and I don't consume alcohol more than any other person I know I'm just really interested in why these reactions occur and would be interested in using other healthy methods to try and replicate the effects.

NYJets, that is an excellent explanation on why marijuana has different effects on people. Thanks.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:35 am

Agree with all the above and just chiming in to say that for me a MASSIVE amount (like %80) of my anxiety went away after I did some strong metal chelation. I was taking supps etc. for a while before but it was the 4 days of cutler that changed my thinking. I must have been metal toxic because the only way I could think of to describe the change is that suddenly my mind reminded me of how it felt when I was a child, much clearer and calmer. I've noticed it has become slightly muddier again over the past year so I plan to do another round in a month or so.

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down