Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptyToday at 6:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated)

2 posters

Go down

Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) Empty Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated)

Post  mkultra Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm an 18 y/o male with practically no family history of hair loss, and am experiencing diffuse thinning all over my scalp, but also a receding hairline.
Too add to that further i've also had terrible back acne and chin acne. After seeing some doctors i got blood tests done to find i have DHEA levels two times above the upper limit.

After doing some searches on the internet i often see people bring the results up only to be completely ignored, most likely due to a lack of knowledge on the subject and possibly its low rate of occurrence.

- I should add that i eat a paleo style diet, work out 5 days a week, am in very good shape, but have had trouble gaining weight.
- Have had a cholecystectomy, and most of my problems started a year after this, around the time i was 16 (diffuse hair loss, receding, acne)
- Don't smoke, drink, etc.
- Multiple brothers and dad show no sign of mpb.

I am confident that this is whats causing my hair loss and acne, but i have no idea what to do, and what the prognosis is for something like this? Right now, i don't have much faith in my doctors, they dont seem to be very forward thinking.

Any help would be appreciated, and I can provide additional info as per request.

Thanks!

mkultra

Back to top Go down

Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) Empty Re: Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated)

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:58 am

mkultra - I suggest you read the section on my link titled, "The Necessity of Bile." It will be pertinent to your situation.

http://www.immortalhair.org/physiology.htm

Would suggest you take this product:
http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Bile-Acid-Factors-333-mg-90-Capsules/172

Beyond that, sometimes a high DHEA level is accompanied by a relatively low cortisol. So, you might
not be able to produce enough cortisol which will help keep your immunity in check.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated) Empty Re: Extremely High DHEA! (CS's Help would be appreciated)

Post  mkultra Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:07 am

Thanks for the reply!

I've already been taking bile salts from standard process

But beyond that, what can be done to tame the high dhea-s (I misspoke in the post title and said dhea) levels, and regulate cortisol appropriately.

I definitely have the mood swings, acne, hair loss, weight problems, as well as sleep problems associated with dysfunctional adrenal glands, but im not sure how to approach the problem.

mkultra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down