Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Provillus? EmptyToday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Provillus? EmptyToday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Provillus? EmptyYesterday at 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Provillus? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Provillus? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Provillus? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Provillus? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Provillus? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Provillus? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Provillus?

4 posters

Go down

Provillus? Empty Provillus?

Post  Hairbeback Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Hi, I am new to the board and I wish good luck for everybody trying to regrow hair or just plain be healthy. My hair started thinning at 18....I am 23 now and for those years it has remained steady....I am not losing hair at all just thinning at the crown on on top I can manage with a low haircut (fade) I tried some saw palmetto supplements for about 2-3 months and it grew back a lot of hair on the lower part of my crown I stopped taking it because I didn't want to waste my buying supplements when I wasn't eating healthy and smoking and drinking. Recently I bought 2 bottle of Provillus and was wondering if this is any good. I read somewhere that this is the best natural supplemt for your hair, it has saw palmeto, biotin vitamin b6, zince, and magnesium, stinging nettle, uva ursi, muria puama p, eleuthero root and pumpkin seeds. the other ingredients are gelatin, rice flour, silicon dioxide, maltodextin, water, and magnesium sterate. Anyone know if provillus is worth it? any good results from friends using it? thanks for any feedback

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Provillus? Empty Re: Provillus?

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Hairbeback - If you're looking for something really cheap and blocking DHT works for you, which is often the case in anyone under the age of 26 (androgen blockage works best in this age group). Beta Sitosterol at 100 to 200 milligrams per day. Or preferably Pueraria Mirifica taken at 250 milligrams once per day.

Provillus is unfortunately not the best formula. It is well marketed however and cleverly uses Ad hoc "consumer ratings" to imply it is #1.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  edci Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm

in the long run however, wouldnt beta sis be acting like propecia and all other dht blockers, in that you have to continue to take it to maintain its effect?

also does beta sis have similar sides to propecia and sometimes reported in saw palmetto (ie lowering libido)?

edci

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:15 pm

edci - Yes, because in general Beta-Sitosterol is too much like finasteride and if you're really young it will be better tolerated. Small dose PM or topical PM would be a better alternative I think.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Thanks for the info where can I find this beta sisterol? Or would just plain Saw Palmetto be fine to use to? Is beta Sisterol natural? If I stop using it would my hair fall out?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:46 pm

I can't seem to find any studies about beta sis being effective for DHT or Saw Palmetto, do you happen to have any recent articles about studies conducted for either of these? thanks

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:44 am

Hairbeback - This is what you're looking for:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12006122

Beta Sitosterol comes very cheap.

You can get it here:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=504&at=0

Use this code HIL335 to save $5.00 off your first order.

Use only half the dose twice per day. 2 vcaps is too much, so just take just 1 with each of your meals.

In a few years controlling DHT will not be enough but this is very economical for now.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:44 pm

Thank you very much, I know controlling DHT will be harder when I get older, but I am trying to maintain a heathly diet fell of raw foods sometimes cooked foods...

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:15 am

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I want to start a regime for my thinnig hair. Should I mix Saw Palmetto with the beta sis? I am going to being eating a lot of raw foods and vgetables seeds nuts sprouts etc...probably some cooked foods to. I am going to be massaging my hair I am currently using a organic shampoo I think its made by avalon I wash my hair with it twice a week. I massage my hair in the shower to. Any tips for washing the hair, diet, mix of right supplements? thanks

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:07 am

Hairbeback - Regarding shampooing, avoid ones contain SLS (No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Laureth Sulfate).

Some foods make hair loss worse, particularly refined grains, sugars, starches (packaged products), excess alcohol and long term consumption of high fructose corn syrup.

Saw Palmetto isn't really necessary to ad, because Beta-Sitosterol is the primary constituent in Saw Palmetto.

If you wanted to add soemthing, Omega-3 fatty acids would be good.

Try to avoid cooking with Omega-6 oils (these increase 5-alpha reductase enzyme). Coconut and palm oil reduce 5-alpha reductase, so use those instead.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  NewReg Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:53 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Try to avoid cooking with Omega-6 oils (these increase 5-alpha reductase enzyme). Coconut and palm oil reduce 5-alpha reductase, so use those instead.
I knew that it was important to have a good 3/6 ratio, but I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

NewReg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum