Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dr.Mercola EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dr.Mercola EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dr.Mercola EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dr.Mercola EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dr.Mercola EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dr.Mercola EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Dr.Mercola EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Dr.Mercola EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Dr.Mercola EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dr.Mercola

+7
Spunky
AS54
NYJets
sanderson
RisingFist
Zaphod
Amaranthaceae
11 posters

Go down

Dr.Mercola Empty Dr.Mercola

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:31 am

He is pretty good - I think .. what do you guys think?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Dr.Mercola Empty Re: Dr.Mercola

Post  Zaphod Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:44 am

cpio wrote:He is pretty good - I think .. what do you guys think?

I follow him by mail. I found him great cause he is not saving his words to make something clear to the reader. I believe he's one of the ''up to date scientists'' and although his focus is general health and not hairloss, his articles are time well spended/invested.

Has anybody had opportunity to see/use his vit D - tanning bed?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:13 am

An utter quack, pretending we can reverse myopia naturally and quoting Ryke Geerd Hamer.

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:19 am

He's usually up to date on a lot of things. I like his articles on intermittent fasting. It goes hand in hand with the lean gains protocol which has given many results. I'll probably buy his tanning bed when I get a house, that way I can GTL all year round lol

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:44 am

i think he is awesome. plus, he is trying to bring these alternative view points on medicine to the main stream, he has been on dr. oz's show many times all ready.

plus, you got to love his marketing tactics. everyday i read an email from him similar to this...

This commonly used substance that is probably in your home, INCREASES CANCER RISKS BY 10,000%
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 am

The fact that he funded Yes on Prop 37 for CA is enough to make Mercola a good guy and that's not counting his promotion of Krill Oil Vitamin D and the like. He seems up to date while other doctors are still bashing coconut oil. Mercola is pretty good imo.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 am

I think overall he is a good doctor. I think he promotes a lot of solid information. The only qualm I have with him is that his products are so expensive. I'm sure the quality is there but I still think he's really skimming for a profit. Is the market he's after the upper middle class? Maybe, but I think he could make his line a little more accessible.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Spunky Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Like with anything, you have to take his stuff with a grain of salt. I've benefited enormously from his articles on the "Super 8" exercise regimen and I appreciate his views on current topics (although I do find some extreme). His products seem good quality, but definitely a tad expensive. Say what you want about the guy, but he's definitely a good marketer Wink

Spunky

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:50 pm

Mercola is the rare doctor who's great on the fundamentals, which is all that matters to me. We need to stick tightly to the fundamentals; everything else is open for discussion. There is definitely much he doesn't know in order to complete the puzzle or relativity.

BTW, a troll is only a troll when eliciting a response.

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks for all you replies!

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 am

Unfortunately, you only need look at his hairline to see he has no useful advice for those of us with MPB.

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:50 am

Nashville Hairline wrote:Unfortunately, you only need look at his hairline to see he has no useful advice for those of us with MPB.

Or maybe his hairloss started well before the advent of the glorious Internet and the information age revolution. Once those proteins are tossed or fried there's no way to denature an egg white back to opaque, it's original state. Meanwhile David Wolfe has an incredible head of hair and often derided here, Ray Peat is exhaulted (with a cruddy pate.)

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:19 am

Nashville Hairline wrote:Unfortunately, you only need look at his hairline to see he has no useful advice for those of us with MPB.

Actually if you search his website for articles on hair-loss or propecia (I can't remember which) you'll see a link to a post he wrote where he talks about insulin levels and nutrition being related to hair loss. He expresses regret that he didn't know about that when his hair loss started and that he believes he would have a full head of hair had he known about IGF and insulin resistance earlier in his life. He also has written how he believes his kidneys and immune system were damaged by improper removal of his amalgam fillings.

IMO I think he's a great source of knowledge and one of the good guys. I agree that his products are expensive, in fact his krill oil is more expensive than Ortho's and it has slightly less quantities of ingredients. That being said, he's making a living and he's helping people learn more about taking control of their health.

On last bit - I've used his conditioner and shampoo and I dig em. Like the ortho shampoo better, but i've used Mercola's conditioner with ortho shampoo for good effect. I also really like his Vitamin D spray that's pretty inexpensive for the dosage it contains.

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:27 am

JDawg wrote:He believes he would have a full head of hair had he known about IGF and insulin resistance earlier in his life

I'm sorry but.... this is just too big Laughing .

Back to top Go down

Post  JDawg Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Maybe, Fred. But if you really think he's a quack, what do you think about the rest of us...? Shocked

JDawg

Back to top Go down

Post  blueman99 Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:38 am

He tries to sell too much stuff but he does make some valid points. Idk I'll admit I don't know much about this guy but I read some stuff on him and the paleo diet.
blueman99
blueman99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down