Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Gut Health EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Gut Health EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Gut Health EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Gut Health EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Gut Health EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Gut Health EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Gut Health EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Gut Health EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Gut Health EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gut Health

+6
ubraj
AS54
theseeker86
tooyoung
Hoppipolla
Genetickz
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Gut Health Empty Gut Health

Post  Genetickz Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:17 pm

I've been susceptible to stomach issues, mostly pain or diarrhea, for several years. Probably since I was a kid actually. It seems to come and go randomly, and I have never been able to figure out what the cause might be.
Well until recently, I would be willing to say that it was because my eating habits have not always been the best, but about a month ago, I switched to what is basically a vegan diet. I've cut meat, dairy, and most sugars out completely. And yet, I am still experiencing random bouts of stomach upsets.

I have also been taking Jarrows probiotic (1-2 caps per day). And am thinking of trying threelac soon (anyone had experience with it?)

I have noticed that I am more prone to upsets when I am stressed, but I guess that is to be expected. Also, coffee often gives me stomachaches so I don't drink it. Other than that, I can not seem to find any connection between what I eat and the stomach problems I sporadically experience.

Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could do to try and deal with it, or at least try and find out what the cause is?
I'm so envious of people with "strong stomachs" who never even have to think twice about what they eat.

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Gut Health Empty Re: Gut Health

Post  Guest Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:36 pm

i used to have stomach issues too, mostly from bad diet. In my case the most helpful thing was L glutamine and mastic gum (in case of helicobacter pylori).
but still i can't heal halitosis... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:05 am

Mine coincided precisely with MPB. I think the best tools are kefir, gelatine (ideally with orange juice) and apple cider vinegar Smile

And a good diet of course!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:18 am

Carrot salad, carrot, coconut oil, acv on an empty stomach.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:19 am

hoppipolla wrote:Mine coincided precisely with MPB. I think the best tools are kefir, gelatine (ideally with orange juice) and apple cider vinegar Smile

And a good diet of course!

Hey Hoppi, I've just looked up kefir and been reading a bit about it. It sounds very interesting. Do you actually make it yourself? Is it difficult?
I may have to give it a try.

What is the rationale behind gelatine and vinegar though? I wouldn't have associated either of those things with a healthy gut...

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:20 am

tooyoung wrote:Carrot salad, carrot, coconut oil, acv on an empty stomach.

Hey tooyoung. I eat plenty of carrots already, and will be getting some coconut oil soon. But what is acv?

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:33 am

Genetickz wrote: But what is acv?

Apple cider vinegar.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:11 am

Genetickz wrote:
tooyoung wrote:Carrot salad, carrot, coconut oil, acv on an empty stomach.

Hey tooyoung. I eat plenty of carrots already, and will be getting some coconut oil soon. But what is acv?

Also I'm pretty sure the carrots have to be raw and yes acv is apple cider vinegar.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 am

Genetickz,

I would warn you that a vegan diet might not be a great idea when suffering from a gut issue. It may be for some, but not for all. That's the difficulty with generalized dietary recommendations.

But with an inflammatory situation in the gut, there is often a situation of compromised gut barrier function. Why this becomes a problem with plant foods is that many plants contain proteins that elicit an immune response. Obviously the most famous of these is gluten, but there are others. Lectins are another common problem for the gut. Its been proven that lectins degrade the gut barrier and are able to enter the bloodstream, and there they cause problems because they interact with white blood cells in a similar fashion to LPS.

The point is, animal products may not be your problem at all and some of the plant components of your diet could be causing you issues. If I were you, and if I were anyone with issues like these, I'd commit to a diet like GAPS or SCD and just sell out for it, reset the gut. Slowly reintroduce foods once you've established a baseline and listen to how your body reacts. You may find you operate much better on animal foods than you might think, although dairy is a common offender. But look up GAPS. And do your best to find "clean" foods organically raised/grown, animal products should be pasture raised/grass fed. Its hard pinpointing problems in the diet today because there are so many foreign substances added to the food supply that one could have sensitivities to any sort of pesticide or petrochemical or antibiotic and not know its present in their food.

I'd also recommend glutamine, zinc, B-vitamin complex, colostrum, and aloe vera. These can all be taken while on GAPS. But take a few weeks of just GAPS, no supps to begin with.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:15 am

Thanks for the advice anthonyspencer. I had not heard of GAPS before. I'm looking it up now, and will research it more thoroughly tomorrow (time for bed now).

By the way, I'm not necessarily against animal products. Its just that where I live, there is no source of "clean" or raw dairy products, so I stick to soy milk and have decided to cut cheese out altogether. I never really ate eggs, so that's easy, but I do miss ice cream! lol

Last edited by Genetickz on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:23 am

organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar must be diluted?

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:10 am

Hey Geneticks,

Drop that soy milk fast brotha. I'm serious. I know you mentioned you don't have access to raw dairy. If you would like to keep dairy products
in your diet I would try to find a quality goat milk, or if you don't mind a milk substitute, coconut milk is okay if you find some without many additives.
But yeah, drop that soy.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 am

Wheat, corn, soy and dairy are the worst offenders.

Processed foods as well for many reasons such as free glutamic acid/MSG found in most all processed foods. The amount of free glutamic acid/MSG is doubling every ten years and labeled under dozens of names to hide it.

Then there is oxalates (low oxalate diet) as well as lectins.

But beyond diet, which one could and really should read many books on the subject and do a lot of experimentation there are other ones to look at.

H Pylori being one. Can take the supplement broccomax. Or grow own 5 day old broccoli sprouts or juice cabbage.

Amino acids. The best one you'd want is platinum plus amino acids. More info on why =

http://www.royalrife.com/aminos.html
http://www.boxingscene.com/nutrition/9205.php

Hiatal Hernia is common for those with digestive disorders. Go to the bottom here for info on how to correct.
http://www.royalrife.com/digest.html

A quote from Dr. Loyd

>> Hiatal hernia is very likely. Have them stand with their back to a
>> wall. The stomach is mostly on the left side. You can take the tip of
>> your right pointer finger (the one next to the thumb) and place it right
>> under the tip of the breast bone. The rest of the fingers are then on
>> the skin (clothing) near the left (their left) ribs. Put your left hand
>> on top of your right hand. Have them take a deep breath and let it
>> out. As they let it out, apply pressure pushing the skin toward their
>> tailbone and inch or so. Do not stab with your finger tips. Watch their
>> face. If they are showing distress, back off. Hold this for 30
>> second. They are allowed to breathe during this time. There is also a
>> video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrdNfaanpIs .

Giardia is common in many people as well. Can take Para 6 or Dr. Loyds Red Balm with or without Aloe Vera.

And another one being impacted cecum. Here is a quote from Dr. Loyd again from royalrife.com

At http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecum there is a drawing that shows the
digestive tract.

More than 10% of the people we see have a fairly high score for "cecum
overburden" which is a condition where matter (fecaliths) has hardened
in the cecum. Some also have a score for intestinal concretion.

Most people who have a score for cecum overburden also have a score for
appendix inflammation because the end of the appendix is blocked by this
hardened material.

Recently a client mailed in a saliva sample that showed cecum
overburden. She said that she would fix it herself. A day or two she
sent in a second sample and the score had gone to zero! She said she
did this by gently stroking the colon area to encourage the material to
move along.

So today a client had a score of cecum overburden of 1800, a score of
800 for intestinal concretion and a score of 400 for appendix inflammation.

The following experiment was conducted: The descending colon (left side
of the body) was gently but firmly stroked in a downward direction
(toward the feet).

Then the transverse colon was stroked from right to left.

Then the ascending colon was stroked in the upward direction.

Finally the cecum area was gently but firmly stroked in the upward
direction. All this took perhaps 2 minutes.

The cecum overburden score reduced to 800. Intestinal concretion
reduced to 400. Appendix inflammation stayed the same

And there is the ileocecal valve as well. Can find the location through google or youtube and if you place your fingers on it and there is pain, may also try some exercises for this or other methods.

But again, first start with diet then look into H pylori then platinum plus amino acids. Then go from there.

By the way, I should mention that kefir may not be the greatest of ideas at this point. 24 hour SCD yogurt (bacteria) may be a better alternative otherwise the probiotics in kefir or other methods that use probotics may cause issues. Can look up the 24 hour SCD yogurt for more info if you're looking for beneficial bacteria.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:46 am

Thanks Rdkml. It seems I find something new everytime you make a post.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:38 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Hey Geneticks,

Drop that soy milk fast brotha. I'm serious. I know you mentioned you don't have access to raw dairy. If you would like to keep dairy products
in your diet I would try to find a quality goat milk, or if you don't mind a milk substitute, coconut milk is okay if you find some without many additives.
But yeah, drop that soy.

For real? Soy is bad too? Man being healthy is hard! Sad lol
Anyway, I don't think I would be able to get goats milk here. So I'd have to order a powered form online. And the only coconut milk I've seen it either canned (for cooking) or UHT in a small carton. Which do you think would be healthiest out of those options?

I guess the other thing I could do is try and make my own almond milk with a blender..

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:54 pm

As long as you don't have too much rice milk very easy and cheap to make too.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:56 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Hey Geneticks,

But yeah, drop that soy.

Soy has not been found to be feminizing if this is the issue.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:04 pm

rdkml wrote:Wheat, corn, soy and dairy are the worst offenders.

Processed foods as well for many reasons such as free glutamic acid/MSG found in most all processed foods. The amount of free glutamic acid/MSG is doubling every ten years and labeled under dozens of names to hide it.

Then there is oxalates (low oxalate diet) as well as lectins.

But beyond diet, which one could and really should read many books on the subject and do a lot of experimentation there are other ones to look at.

H Pylori being one. Can take the supplement broccomax. Or grow own 5 day old broccoli sprouts or juice cabbage.

Amino acids. The best one you'd want is platinum plus amino acids. More info on why =

But again, first start with diet then look into H pylori then platinum plus amino acids. Then go from there.

Thanks rdkml! Thats a lot of good information.
So are you basically suggesting that I should try broccomax (or juice cabbage) and/or an amino acid supplement and see if they help?

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:35 pm

Ok, so the coconut milk I have here is "UHT natural coconut milk", and has the following ingredients:
-Fresh coconut extract (90%)
-water
-GM-free stabalizer (xanthan gum E415, Guar Gum E412, Carrageenan E407)

Not too bad right?

I'll also look into making the rice milk as was suggested

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:44 am

LoT,

Haven't the isoflavones been shown to be active estrogen receptor agonists?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Duketronix Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:36 am

Isn't pretty much all soy in the states the GE "roundup ready" Monsanto crap since like 2007 anyway?

Duketronix

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:53 am

Genetickz wrote:
So are you basically suggesting that I should try broccomax (or juice cabbage) and/or an amino acid supplement and see if they help?

Yes, but all the other suggestions as well that was posted. The reason why is everyone will have their own cause causing an issue. One may have the common H pylori issue while another Hiatal Hernia issue.

Also, not just any amino acid but the Platinum Plus. The reason why this brand over others was in the links.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:56 am

Duketronix wrote:Isn't pretty much all soy in the states the GE "roundup ready" Monsanto crap since like 2007 anyway?

Yes and processed foods mostly contain genetically modified ingredients. But what's more scary as that's not the reason why soy is one of the top four food groups for causing problems. It sticks like glue, causes immune dysfunction and hurts stomach acid production among other issues. That can be blunted if fermented but almost nobody ferments food.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:16 pm

rdkml wrote:
Yes and processed foods mostly contain genetically modified ingredients. But what's more scary as that's not the reason why soy is one of the top four food groups for causing problems. It sticks like glue, causes immune dysfunction and hurts stomach acid production among other issues. That can be blunted if fermented but almost nobody ferments food.

Ok, no more soymilk then. Other soy based things like tofu and miso are still okay though right?

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  Genetickz Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:13 am

Ok, so I actually found some raw milk here, but there are a couple of problems:
1) it is very expensive
2) I've been reading a lot about increased health risks of raw milk, and the health benefits seem to be largely unproven scientifically.

So, I guess I'll just keep making almond milk

Genetickz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next