Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules

+2
AS54
CausticSymmetry
6 posters

Go down

Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules Empty Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Tissue Eng Part A. 2012 Aug 15.
Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules.
Choi JS, Kim JD, Yoon HS, Cho YW.

Hanyang University, Chemical Engineering, 1271 sa 3-dong, Sangnuk-gu, Ansan city, Gyeonggi-do, Ansan, Korea, Republic of, 426-791, +82-31-400-4712; jschoi@hanyang.ac.kr.

The human placenta, a complex organ that facilitates exchange between the fetus and the mother, contains abundant extracellular matrix (ECM) components and well-preserved endogenous growth factors. In this study, we designed a new dermal substitute from human placentas for full-thickness wound healing. Highly porous, decellularized ECM sheets were fabricated from human placentas via homogenization, centrifugation, chemical and enzymatic treatments, molding, and freeze-drying. The physical structure and biological composition of human placenta-derived ECM sheets dramatically supported the regeneration of full-thickness wound in vivo. At the early stage, the ECM sheet efficiently absorbed wound exudates and tightly attached to the wound surface. Four weeks after implantation, the wound was completely closed, epidermic cells were well arranged and the bilayer structure of the epidermis and dermis was restored. Moreover, hair follicles and microvessels were newly formed in the ECM sheet-implanted wounds. Overall, the ECM sheet produced a dermal substitute with similar cellular organization to that of normal skin. These results suggest that human placenta-derived ECM sheets provide microenvironment favorable to the growth and differentiation of cells, and positive modulate the healing of full-thickness wounds.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules Empty Re: Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:56 am

CS,

Nice post. I'm curious though why you believe the ECM sheets were able to provide that microenvironment that sustained healing. I noticed it said the sheets were decellularized, which I can only assume means the cell membranes were broken down and basically just made a matrix consisting of a cocktail of extracellular and intracellular components. If that assumption is wrong, let me know. So my question is, was there something special that is particular to placental cells that made this possible, or was it simply a matter of there was a high amount of nutrition in the matrix: vitamins, minerals, enzymes?

If that were the case, its more evidence that adequate nutrition is a huge factor.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules Empty Re: Full-Thickness Skin Wound Healing Using Human Placenta-Derived Extracellular Matrix Containing Bioactive Molecules

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:07 am

anthonyspencer54 - The "magic" of the placenta is that it contains (processed as in the above study or not) Wnt proteins, which is the medium that will grow literally anything.

If someone where to do some microdermabrasion, needeling, wounding, or brushing, adding placenta or a processed form would be an ideal way to accelerate results.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairdecent Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:46 pm

sheep placenta is readily available and could be used topically.

hairdecent

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:35 pm

inject it intradermally probably be even better

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:51 pm

I know here in Australia I've seen health places sell sheep placenta capsules but I've never been under the impression that they would be of any benefit.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:52 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:inject it intradermally probably be even better

one way or another, it should get in there...

@hairdecent, theseeker86
what's the price of it anyway?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:56 pm

Beebrox wrote:
@hairdecent, theseeker86
what's the price of it anyway?

$33.95 for this one brand that I've seen and it seems to be one of the more popular ones when it comes to online availability (Aus)

Whether or not it's actually a decent brand i'm not sure of.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  hairdecent Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 pm

http://biolitedubai.com/treatment_hair_loss_clinic.php

http://www.placentaplus.co.za/

http://www.amazon.com/Hask-Placenta-Instant-Treatment-Bleached/product-reviews/B000EVEKTM/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

hairdecent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down