Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Cupping?   EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Cupping?   EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Cupping?   EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Cupping?   EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Cupping?   EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Cupping?   EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Cupping?   EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Cupping?   EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Cupping?   EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cupping?

+4
mistermr
hairdecent
CausticSymmetry
ubraj
8 posters

Go down

Cupping?   Empty Cupping?

Post  ubraj Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:33 am

It's been brought up on this forum before but was wondering if anyone has tried cupping on this forum yet?

If so, has it left any cosmetic long-term marks like scars?

I bought a kit to try as hopefully an easier method than blood donation at home and will use diabetic lancets to prick the skin rather than a razor.

For those that don't know, cupping DIY = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEFzY7R520&feature=related

benefits = http://curezone.com/forums/am.asp?i=1383062

Thank you

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Cupping?   Empty Re: Cupping?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:32 am

First I've heard of this, looks like an amazing way to remove stagnant blood. Thanks for the info!

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairdecent Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:36 am

I tried it and it pulls out toxins and leaves discolored marks on your skin for even several days afterwards but then the skin recovers fine.

hairdecent

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks hairdecent.

Your welcome CausticSymmetry. It appears to be a well known treatment in the mulsim parts of the world and Chinese parts as well. Hopefully it works as well as blood donation. We'll see and I'll try to update how well it compares in a month or more.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:12 am

My aunt in Syria does the cupping procedure for patients. My dad got it done for his migrane headaches; they went away for 3-4 yrs and now he rarely gets them.

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  NeonMonk Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:46 am

Rdkml, do you know about "gua sha"?

It's an old Chinese practice that, from my limited understanding, has similar benefits to cupping.

I'm contemplating trying it, but I want to read up more about it first. I only came across gua sha the other day.

NeonMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:06 pm

i had it done every week over 6 months alongside acupuncture and massage.

it leaves big red circles on ur skin for several days, (like a giant octopus or squid has attacked u) but they always dissapear leaving no scars.

it kind of hurts a little bit but also feels good and is relaxing, and really relaxes muscles, like a massage. I dont know wat it actually does though, but i imagine it stretches tissue, and rips muscles kinda like weights can do.

ps acupuncture for hairloss does nothing remarkable, as far as i can tell.

Cupping?   Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRu_4e1pQtUdH6OjTzhaqCTxZSCDQ2CltDHs9vfdqRIhvX6DAMmvMuhDsDg
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmyw Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

So would this be a good treatment for CCSVI? if so may give it a go on my chest.
Cheers again JDP.

jimmyw

Back to top Go down

Post  hairdecent Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:05 am

Jimmyw, How is chest connected to helping ccvsi?

hairdecent

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 am

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Neon Monk,

I've never heard of gua sha till now. I had to look it up. I can say however that all these methods really come down to cleansing and energizing.

Even cupping for example, While cupping will remove blood, if one knows exactly where to place each cup, one is able to cleanse specific areas of the body and find relief for a lot of ailments I'm sure. Just like all these other methods of healing.

This book http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cupping-Hijama-Points-book2-Arabic-with-some-English-/110699360919?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item19c6323297 and this book http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cupping-Hijama-Points-book-Arabic-with-some-English-/120735768901?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item1c1c69a145 would seem a good guide if only it was in English, lol.

That each method really comes down to the skill of the healer. That some methods may take an incredible amount of time to master while other methods may take a lot less time to master for the same benefit.

However, a lot of these methods the healer can take on the ills of the person they are healing but that's for another story.

Also, the very best results doesn't actually come from the person but from above in a manner of speaking. The healer is acting as a conduit from above but that's probably too out there for some people to understand, lol.

In short, it really depends on how good the healer is doing the gua sha IMO.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:32 am

jimmyw wrote:So would this be a good treatment for CCSVI? if so may give it a go on my chest.
Cheers again JDP.

I'm not sure.

However, what does look interesting is that I've seen some quotes saying it being benefical for those with migraines, MS and other related ailments connected with CCSVI.

You'd want to place them on specific points of the body for that benefit however.

I don't know where those points are located or if it even works for CCSVI though... although, the testimonial above from mistmermr in this thread shows it worked for migraines which can be a CCSVI issue.

The points may be located at the back of the head... meaning one would have to shave their head or at least the back part of the head. Or they may be located elsewhere.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  mistermr Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:38 am

The cupping that was done for my dad was done the same way it was done in the youtube video you linked above. The blood was drawn from the upper back where the spine is located. Although it was done to relieve migranes, it was not targeted anywhere above the neck.

Also, the scars heal within 10 days. It should not be a concern

mistermr

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:08 am

I’ve never had cupping done but have been on the lookout for an alternative method I could use to safely lose blood (mainly to lower iron levels).

Ayurveda employs various methods of bloodletting called Raktmokshan, some info here: http://www.dypatil.in/picrepimage/Blood%20letting%20Therapy.pdf

Hirudotherapy (leeches) is another well-known option, interestingly hirudotherapists claim the main benefit of this does not come from the blood letting but from compounds in the leech saliva. Some info here: http://www.leeches.biz

One problem with the above methods and cupping is that they will likely disqualify you from giving blood donations for a while. That’s what’s put me off trying them so far.

Also looked into why distance runners tend to have lower iron levels, turns out it’s thought to be due to constant footstrikes - mechanical haemolysis. I know distance running isn’t a popular training method on here but maybe we could just stamp our feet instead (lol). Here’s a study: http://www.jappl.org/content/94/1/38.full

jdp, this probably wasn’t new info for you but thought it might be interesting for discussion with those who want to bloodlet.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks diffuse. I didn't hear that about the mechanical haemolysis. As crazy as it sounds, it kinda makes sense to me, lol.

Regarding leeches, I looked into that briefly in the past and ended up with buying the needle and 60 mL syringe from imed.com to remove the blood at home. Course I don't recommend this for others because of the risk of putting a large amount of air in the veins causing a heart issue as well as other issues. But IMO, definitely is an option over leeches, lol if one isn't able to donate blood at a clinic. Those with hemochromatosis (genetic iron overload) do this at home.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down