Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

man claims finasteride turned him into a woman.

5 posters

Go down

man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. Empty man claims finasteride turned him into a woman.

Post  rofl Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 pm

A US man is claiming hair loss pills turned him into a woman, with feminine breasts, hips and shoulders.

William McKee — who now goes by the name Mandi, wears women's clothes and plans to get breast enhancement surgery — said he started taking a generic version of the drug Propecia, called finasteride, in 2008.

The 38-year-old father took one pill a day for nine months and said he noticed "minimal, if any" hair growth and "pronounced" changes to his body instead.

"My rock-hard chest form the gym began to soften… reaching the point where I had noticeable breasts under my clothing," Mr McKee told the NY Post.

"My shoulders were literally falling into a more feminine position, and my hips were loosening and becoming wider, as on a woman's body," he said.

Mr McKee said people started teasing him about his breasts, his work suffered, he became depressed and he separated from his wife of 10 years.

Propecia inhibits the conversion of testosterone, resulting in more estrogen and has been linked to sexual problems including impotence and genital shrinkage.

Lawsuits have been filed in 27 US states by men claiming the drug affected their sexuality, but Mr McKee cannot join the mass suit because the courts bar those who took a generic version of the drug.

Instead, Mr McKee launched a blog under the name Mandi McKee to vent his frustration.

"I was married to an amazing and beautiful woman who lost her husband, and I am father to an amazing five-year-old boy — who lost his dad," Mr McKee wrote on his blog.

Brooklyn attorney Marc Grossman, whose firm represents 300 Propecia users, said many claim to have experienced breast growth and studies have shown an increased propensity for homosexuality in animals that took the drug.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. Empty Re: man claims finasteride turned him into a woman.

Post  schpiloch123 Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Sounds slightly strange that the dude went from having rock hard pecs from the gym then decided to go the whole hog and change into a woman. Kind of sounds like he wante to be a women in the first.

Nevertheless this is further testimony to why nobody should ever take this drug. Even if you don't have sides immediately, this was only after nine months, imagine it after 10 years or so....

Dht is natural and does not need to be blocked to solve hairloss.

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

man claims finasteride turned him into a woman. Empty Re: man claims finasteride turned him into a woman.

Post  whodathunkit Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:16 am

Sounds like this guy is going to give a good, premeditated try at getting the drug company to pay for his sex change operation.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:13 pm

its bullshit. transgendered male to female involves a whole cocktail of hormonal therapies. the 15 or 20 rise in estrogen that occurs from finasteride aint gonna do it.

whodathunkit wrote:Sounds like this guy is going to give a good, premeditated try at getting the drug company to pay for his sex change operation.

This.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:23 pm

i agree. just thought it would be an interesting topic.

i think hes just looking for an excuse to change sex.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:27 pm

many have high estrogen after coming off fin, including me. if you goto propeciahelp.com, you will see many men have developed gyno from it and had to have surgery. i suggest you look at propeciahelp.com before you claim that this man just "decided" it. i would have expected more from you guys here.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  rofl Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:05 pm

lol, theres a bit of a difference between developing erectile dysfunction and gyno, and changing into a woman.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:30 pm

so there is a difference between gynocomastia and claiming that finasteride altered the shape of your skeletal structure. this guys is bullshitting. sorry i cant accept every claimed spewed out by every individual online.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down