Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptyToday at 6:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth....

+19
Nuuu_Dx
JDawg
Duketronix
ar
CausticSymmetry
Hoppipolla
ferox
AllenWalker
SlowMoe
lutz
shaftless
DeadlyDevice
RisingFist
GreatDiscovery
The_Mentalist
abc123
sanderson
moby
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... Empty ...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth....

Post  moby Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.

/pubmed/11525263

"There was a dose-dependent increase in epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in T3-treated animals. Mice that received 3.8 microg of T3 had 42% more hairs per millimeter than controls"

I'm taking t3 myself and I'm pretty sure I see a couple new hairs near my hairline. I'm pretty sure I don't have hypo either so I don't know

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... Empty Re: ...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth....

Post  sanderson Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:31 pm

do you need a t3 prescription and then break up the pills to put on your head?
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth.... Empty Re: ...Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth....

Post  abc123 Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:34 pm

I have tried to make a good t3 topical but I am struggling. Cytomel doesn't appear to be soluable in anything.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:43 pm

I prepare and use a dessicated thyroid extract topical, thymus works too. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  The_Mentalist Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm

OP,

where do we get T3? Do you use it topical and how do you prepare it?

The_Mentalist

Back to top Go down

Post  GreatDiscovery Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Great discovery.. Smile may i know what drugs available for this?

GreatDiscovery

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:59 pm

(WO2007149272) FORMULATION FOR HAIR GROWTH

http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf;jsessionid=0CD82EB997FB831B9414099C56B9F4D9.wapp1?docId=WO2007149272&recNum=1&maxRec=&office=&prevFilter=&sortOption=&queryString=&tab=PCTDescription

"Results from visual inspection of each patient showed no hair growth in patients in Group A, the placebo group. Results from the remaining groups showed a distinct increase in hair from day 0 to days ISO- 180. In particular, in Group A, zero to 10 percent of the bald areas were covered at the end of the 180 day period. In Groups B and C, 65% to 98% of the bald areas were covered."

any reason why we shouldn't make such topical ourselves? Progesterone and Thyroid hormones are extremely easy to attain

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:01 pm

that's cool, makes me more inclined to try white iodine topically even though it's not exactly the same thing....

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:22 pm

Has anyone tried this? I mean it sounds as simple as adding T3 and prog to baby shampoo. I would do it, but I don't know where to get 100 mg of liquid progesterone.

I'm pretty sure this could give some results Neutral

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:23 pm

From what I've read you need a prescription for real dessicated thyroid extract. You can buy weaker, over-the-counter versions that have only the precursors to t3 and t4 but it may not be very effective.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  lutz Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:59 am

This is extremely interesting to me. Anyone with any experience?

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:55 am

lutz wrote:This is extremely interesting to me. Anyone with any experience?

Were the areas of hair loss in the mice hypoxic to begin with, as in the tight galea region of humans with MPB?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  lutz Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:54 am

SlowMoe wrote:
lutz wrote:This is extremely interesting to me. Anyone with any experience?

Were the areas of hair loss in the mice hypoxic to begin with, as in the tight galea region of humans with MPB?

Slowmoe you raise and equally interesting point.

lutz

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Most potent OTC, as potent as prescription thyroid.

Thyro-Gold
http://www.naturalthyroidsolutions.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AllenWalker Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:20 pm

Hey all.. I've been lurking this forum for about 6 months now trying to find information on how to regrow my hair and I finally felt compelled to join up and add to the conversation.. This topic really thrills me because it seems to be the first study I've seen with overwhelmingly good results for the patients so I have to ask.. Would it make sense to mix a topical progesterone cream like the ones on iherb (Im a new user so I'm not allowed to post outside links yet) with some type of thyroid derivative like the one 4039 posted, with some saw palmetto and in there as well maybe?

Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't work similarly as the topical in the study?

AllenWalker

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:39 am

AllenWalker wrote:Hey all.. I've been lurking this forum for about 6 months now trying to find information on how to regrow my hair and I finally felt compelled to join up and add to the conversation.. This topic really thrills me because it seems to be the first study I've seen with overwhelmingly good results for the patients so I have to ask.. Would it make sense to mix a topical progesterone cream like the ones on iherb (Im a new user so I'm not allowed to post outside links yet) with some type of thyroid derivative like the one 4039 posted, with some saw palmetto and in there as well maybe?

Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't work similarly as the topical in the study?

For one the "patients" in the study were mice. Secondly, the top of our heads have been proven to be a hypoxic environment, which is likely not the case with the mice, so things that may work in a perfect environment might not if there is not enough oxygen to facilitate the repair
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  AllenWalker Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:28 am

Hahaha damn.. i guess I missed the mice part. Still though.. I think I may try a progesterone/thyroid topical blend mixed with scalp massage and see what happens. Apparently people are getting good fin-like regrowth results by using progesterone topicals on other forums.. some thyroid mixed in there might make it more effective.

AllenWalker

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 am

SlowMoe wrote:
AllenWalker wrote:Hey all.. I've been lurking this forum for about 6 months now trying to find information on how to regrow my hair and I finally felt compelled to join up and add to the conversation.. This topic really thrills me because it seems to be the first study I've seen with overwhelmingly good results for the patients so I have to ask.. Would it make sense to mix a topical progesterone cream like the ones on iherb (Im a new user so I'm not allowed to post outside links yet) with some type of thyroid derivative like the one 4039 posted, with some saw palmetto and in there as well maybe?

For one the "patients" in the study were mice. Secondly, the top of our heads have been proven to be a hypoxic environment, which is likely not the case with the mice, so things that may work in a perfect environment might not if there is not enough oxygen to facilitate the repair

On mice?

Study Participants

[0044] Both men and women were selected to participate in the experimental trials. In particular, 45 men and women, ages 22 years to 78 years, including established patients (RHC) and other persons were selected and placed into
experimental groups. Ten women were assigned to a placebo group (Group A) and nine women were assigned to an active group (Group B). This was done by random assortment (NOS 1-19). An additional active group of 26 people, 17 men and nine women, were selected to take part in an open label trial to help expand the database (Group C). Persons with a history of breast cancer or open scalp lesions were excluded from the trial. Those conducting the experiment were blinded as to which shampoo included the hormonal component. Only a pharmacist who formulated the shampoo was aware of which formulations were placebos and which were active.

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:29 am

erm.. might make them more resistant to infection? o.O
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:03 am

Forget the mice. The study that moby posted was done on humans.

I am perplexed by the fact that nobody's tried this yet? 65 to 90% success rate? Um, hello?
There are so many things being discussed on this forum that have zero chance of ever regrowing hair and people are willing to go as far as to stand on their heads, but somehow nobody is willing to try topical thyroid hormones? Seriously, what.

I'm willing to play the guinea pig on this one, but I'm going to need some chemistry info. Is this seriously as simple as mixing a few cytomel tabs in generic shampoo? I'm pretty sure it's the triiodothyronine that's doing the regrowth, with potentially the progesterone helping.

I don't feel safe messing with palmetto or estrogen though.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 am

In 2009 I hypothesized that thyroid hormone has a powerful influence on hair growth. There are dozens of different relationships, both directly and indirectly in terms of markers and co-factors.

However, to me growing hair is ultimately an internal affair. Using a topical exclusively ignores the fundamental problem.

Moreover, cytomel is synthetic T3. The thyroid produces T-1 through T12, not just T1, 2, 3 and 4. Further, adding a synthetic T3 can increase inflammation for some people (cause an over oxidation).

The subject of thyroid hormone and general performance is an extremely complex issue that cannot be universally prescribed without consequences.

In addition, while the thyroid itself is important, other glands within the endocrine system can be just as important, if not more so given, particular circumstances.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:19 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:In 2009 I hypothesized that thyroid hormone has a powerful influence on hair growth. There are dozens of different relationships, both directly and indirectly in terms of markers and co-factors.

However, to me growing hair is ultimately an internal affair. Using a topical exclusively ignores the fundamental problem.

Moreover, cytomel is synthetic T3. The thyroid produces T-1 through T12, not just T1, 2, 3 and 4. Further, adding a synthetic T3 can increase inflammation for some people (cause an over oxidation).

The subject of thyroid hormone and general performance is an extremely complex issue that cannot be universally prescribed without consequences.

In addition, while the thyroid itself is important, other glands within the endocrine system can be just as important, if not more so given, particular circumstances.

Far from the fact that this would be the only thing I am doing to save my hair. My changes go across the board from diet to lifestyle, it's just that seeing results there is going to take a very long time while I get my thyroid and overall damaged metabolism working again, meanwhile...my hair is disappearing both diffuse and MPB, and I'm only 21.

So I am trying to do everything I can, topicals included... and there are far crazier things I've seen people use topically than T3.

The hormones don't seem to get absorbed into the bloodstream, it would be safe to at least experiment with it, no? The worst thing that can happen is you don't regrow anything...

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 am

DeadlyDevice - Worth a shot certainly.

It won't present any harm.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ferox Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:23 am

It is worth a try but how to create that topical?

ferox

Back to top Go down

Post  AllenWalker Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 am

Hey I feel like I should chime in here since I mentioned that I might try this before... Deadly device you're right about not messing with the estrogen.. I got some progesterone cream (which was f-ing expensive by the way) and tried it out for a couple of days directly on my scalp. Did it kill the inflammation on my head? Yeah. Did it also kill my libido in a matter of hours which lasted a day or two after I stopped using it? Double yeah. Therefore I wouldn't recommend using progesterone if you are a sexually active person. I am curious about how to make a thyroid topical though. I am also willing to be a guinea pig if someone could help out with the science-y bits of this.

AllenWalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next