Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Current Overview of hair loss. EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Current Overview of hair loss.

+2
schpiloch123
6 posters

Go down

Current Overview of hair loss. Empty Current Overview of hair loss.

Post  987 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:54 am

My overview on hair loss.

I don't assume this is all 100% correct, and much of this I directly summarized from what I learned in these forums but here it goes.
Why does MPB seem to limit itself to the top of the scalp? well there is much indication that this area has the worse blood flow in our bodies, and with thin weak capillaries supplying blood and keeping waste, buildup, sebum, parasitic/infection fighting agents from stagnating, the blood flow network could be easily damaged, or negatively altered! Ive read that oxygen deprivation to an area may cause the alpha 5 reductase enzyme to activate more aggressively, this could also be why the galea is a high risk area. It appears testosterone is a fairly unstable hormone, and easily "degraded" to dht or estrogen's. I'm under the belief that the body activates more of the converting enzymes anytime the bodies hormonal signaling is thrown out of balance, due to older age, or plain poor nutrition and accumulated toxicity... Perhaps dht creation is a way to attempt to preserve the masculinity of a male as male, since we know dht cannot be aromatised into estrogen, and it becomes more necessary to have when a mans testosterone begins falling off due to other reasons. We also know that T levels (and sperm counts) are generally getting lower and lower than men of human past have exhibited, which would likely work hand in hand with an increase of mpb incidents in "susceptible" (not destined) individuals.. Also poor T/DHT ratios accelerating hair loss/aging since T is a DHT antagonist and dht is 3-5 times as potent, thus we maybe need 3-5 times as much Testosterone in circulation than dht at all times ( likely meaning its not about the raw numbers, but the ratio) and therefore why some people who choose to get on propecia who never had high dht to begin with experience sides due to now having low dht AND low T and the body now having reduced ability to prevent estrogen creation (body fat/gyno/ loss libido). To make matters worse, yet another vulnerability appears to be the effects of clinically low shbg figures not properly controlling/guiding the androgen surges through our bodies allowing for more negative hormone interaction in the scalps.

High heavy metal toxicity and thyroid issues, apparently also throw the body even further out of balance hormonally, and when hormones are bouncing around in incorrect amounts your body probably notices something is wrong and then sends an immune response which is were the inflammation begins. I believe this inflammation over time slowly damages the galeas weak capillary network, and scalp angiogenisis is possibly less prevalent in the androgenic male due to the alpha reducase enzymes up there, where as a females body will allow her capillaries to restore with less effort? Perhaps some men may naturally have more robust capillary networks giving them just enough durability to handle this type of unnatural chronic inflammation, that it takes much longer, with less observed permanent damage to follicles and hair loss for them. With our rampant lack of omega 3's to resist the inflammation, Vitamin / Mineral deficiencies (zinc,selenium,iodine,copper,magnesium,vitamin A,B,C,D,E,K etc) exacerbating the issues even further.. To name a few,apparently lack of vitamins like A increase sebum and dht saturation in hair follicles, lack of C and E may reduce capillary health and regeneration and blood flow, as well as less antioxidants to shield against radical damage... I also now believe that a decade or more of excessive ejaculation without proper time for recharge/restoration of the sexual organs also temporarily spikes dht levels, and drains minerals like zinc, important in alpha reductase regulation, sperm count, and testosterone levels...
I feel like manual scalp stimulation, inversion and brushing can help certain types of mpb, but I don't find it a one size fits all method either since we all experience this for different reasons, and to even have to rely on manual stimulation at all means things are still not right with your internal circulation imo. Instead of massaging our heads maybe people should just get out and run more and be more active in their days?

I mean if you really think about it, all of this stuff really adds up on a cellular level. Hair loss will never be cured by mainstream because
A.) you cure WAY too much other shit in the process, and that's counter productive to Gov't/Pharma agendas (profit/depop.)
B.) because hair loss is not caused by one single thing but a variety of things particular to that individual, and it would be impossible to patent anything which could treat for every combination of events taking place that are the culprits. Therefore anything patentable cannot address the true causes (dietary,environmental,lifestyle), thus it can only treat symptoms while creating symptoms of its own.

To conclude, some peoples hair may be more genetically resistant to falling just like some people will never get fat no matter what they eat... That's about as far as genetics goes but anyone can have a health optimized diet and lifestyle, and avoid negative environmental factors that ultimately keeps all of our cells in maximum potential health for as long as we are willing to maintain that effort.The hair falling on the scalp is just what mechanically happens, in these events, which is why I no longer trust hair transplants as I think its about the environment rather than the particular hair follicle itself being flawed, and in this day and age its easy for a man to fall outside of the narrow parameters of ensuring continued hair growth. Why blame the plant when the soil is not right? The people in the best position to prevent this are ppl who are just recently beginning to express hair loss in its early stages. With all known factors considered, and the money to get what you nutritionally need and where you need to be, we can at least say its ultimately up to us in regards to the severity, and of how soon we experience hair loss. Even if your hair genetics are likely to fail you one day, falling victim to Mpb at 60 sounds a lot better then at 23, because by that age, no one should give a shit enough to even feel victimized by this process, we can at least stall the inevitable...K im done writing Very Happy

Last edited by J987 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Forums were getting boring, felt like writing shit.)

Back to top Go down

Current Overview of hair loss. Empty Re: Current Overview of hair loss.

Post  schpiloch123 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:28 am

Great Post man, you clearly put a lot of though into it.

One part you missed out though is what you are intending to do about it!

Enlighten us man!

schpiloch123

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:37 am

schpiloch123 wrote:Great Post man, you clearly put a lot of though into it.

One part you missed out though is what you are intending to do about it!

Enlighten us man!

Whats in my sig has been working for me in addition to my diet to be honest.
Besides the typical avoidance of dairy,gluten,processed/refined foods/sugars, soft drinks etc
I recently started only cooking with coconut oil and I snack on brazil nuts and seeds ( especially raw organic pumpkin/sunflower seeds)
throughout the day, gf out of town for a good while so Ill get to experiment with a couple months of abstinence if it makes a difference,and I want to find some supplements that put more minerals back into the body.
Havent used shampoo in over a year, I just wash my hair with ACV and take a swig of it while Im at it.
I do a little brushing,and inversion stuff. Hair has thickened up enough over past 3 months that hair loss is not visible,
though its not as thick as it started but I dont care as long as I can prevent any more noticeable lose. That's it.
I think the biggest thing is getting aggressive with prevention while your still early into the process, nothing new here just my summary on it all.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 am

J987 - Very nice work!

With that said, I will offer a few refinements.

There are two different enzymes that affect DHT, namely 3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and 3-beta–hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase.

3alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase reverses DHT conversion (into alpha adiol), although it can switch back to DHT.
However, the "alpha" is not so interesting as the other metabolite of DHT, which is 3 beta adiol.

3 beta adiol is an estrogenic conversion, although it is a good one if the body is in proper balance (more on this later).

It's not well known, but estrogen can act positively on androgen receptors. The key is the the beta and not the alpha.

Of types of estrogen receptors, there is alpha ER and beta ER. The undesirable effects of estrogen usually involve the alpha ER, while the beta ER mitigates hair loss and helps with muscle growth.

When testosterone is increased either naturally or by dosing, the body will also kick up more estrogen. Whether that becomes a positive or a negative entirely hinges upon thyroid and/or adrenal systems. In other words, if your thyroid is under functioning, there will be a metabolic problem and all the unpleasant effects of estrogen can be felt (think weight gain, gynecomastia, poor libido etc.)

So, back to the thyroid. Hair loss is an infection -- ultimately leading to destruction of hair. Poor thyroid function equals high susceptibility to infection. Before the advent of antibiotics, it was routine for those with low thyroid function to die. However, since we "treat" infections with antibiotics, those with poor thyroid function continue to pass on new kids who will have the "genetic predisposition" for hair loss to be vulnerable to low thyroid function once again.

On another level, while some heavy metals do exist in the environment, if we are lacking certain minerals or vitamins or are subjected to enormous amounts of the metals, our glutathione system will be taxed and we will be unable to detoxify. The thyroid will suffer.

Finally, making a long story short, stress which begins with the hypothalamus can be a factor and can take MPB down to
pouring gasoline on a fire. The proper diet, which is individual (not universal) can make dramatic inroads to stress management.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:43 pm

So why doesn't MPB affect the hair on the sides?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Caustic,

I'm very interested in the dehydrogenase enzymes. I'm aware that there is also a 17B version that is important in sex hormone balance.

My question is whether these enzymes could be behind my hormonal imbalance, high E, low T. Is there a clinical way of measuring this to see if a deficiency or excess is at fault?

Is there a known way of balancing levels of these or is there a genetic component to this that isn't understood?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:45 pm

SlowMoe wrote:So why doesn't MPB affect the hair on the sides?

Why do some men bald only in the vertex, while others only in the temples, and others the entirety of the scalp? What determines what norwood pattern a person will be? Why does the hair on the sides of face (temples) thin when it is not really apart of the scalp? Is saying that we are cellularly mapped out differently too simplistic? I digress, I don't think the hair on the sides or back would last any longer if they originally started in the galea like the ones that fall out, and remember when women loose hair its still from the scalp also.. Therefore I'm under the belief that its as simple as there being a different environment on the top versus the sides, regardless of how close it is in proximity,different is different, and obviously different enough...

http://images.corriere.it/salute/dizionario/img/Salute/Volume4/Media/galea_gallery.jpg

Its very possible that the sebaceous gland activity, and/or the fatty tissue material instantly changes thickness, diameter, tightness, and the tiny capillaries get even smaller within the galea area, making it an almost flawed area by design in regards to elimination of metabolic waste and inflammation. I believe vellus hairs only receive sort of a diffusion of blood flow but not enough to trigger terminal growth, nor maintain it in a tight scalp full of inflammation. Think of an engines oil pressure, if it goes to low, you can spin a bearing despite that it is still physically getting oil. This could be true if inflammation is causing a similar effect within the galea?
Inflammation caused by hormonal balances, dietary and environmental factors...
I can imagine what chronic inflammation can do to small capillaries over time.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Arteritis+temporalis

This could be either incorrect, or not as relevant, but something ive tried to direct attention to before, I personally also believe that skull dimensions/size plays a small role in mpb, thus maybe there's "some" truth in the skull expansion theory, in certain people...
http://www.whatdvd.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/3333.jpg

And I'm not just posting this because hes balding already, I really believe his head shape could have made it all the more likely for his mpb. Some people have large dimensions in their jaw lines and smaller forehead/scalp dimensions, while others have smaller jaw line dimensions and larger forehead scalp dimensions which I can see how it could make a bit of a difference in ones susceptibility to an inflammation degraded capillary network being even more devastating to hair. But everything is likely case by case, and individualistic and maybe a moot point anyways, but just thought id point out my observation.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:49 pm

CS,

What about all the skinny guys with normal functioning thyroids who go bald like myself. I have had the comprehensive thyroid testing and autoimmune tests done and all come back in excellent range. I do have adrenal issues but no indication or slight reason to believe improper thyroid functioning. If anything I would fit hyper-thyroid more but I am not hyper either.

Also what about the overweight fatigued men who actually do have diagnosed low thyroid function, who possibly take thyroid hormone and who have full heads of hair?

Then there are bodybuilders who inject unbelievable amounts of testosterone or testosterone analogues, growth hormone, insulin, anti-estrogens etc. who have no hair loss? I mean these guys go through steroid cycles and take hcg and clomid to restart their testosterone production and do it all again and again. These guys have hormone changes going on constantly- huge huge swings.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  987 Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:47 pm

Ill try to answer from my thoughts I gave in my first post, though Id be interested in hearing what c/s had to say also as im fully aware I may be wrong.
Paradox wrote:CS,

What about all the skinny guys with normal functioning thyroids who go bald like myself. I have had the comprehensive thyroid testing and autoimmune tests done and all come back in excellent range. I do have adrenal issues but no indication or slight reason to believe improper thyroid functioning. If anything I would fit hyper-thyroid more but I am not hyper either.
** Low shbg, low Testosterone to Dht ratio, nutritional deficiencies, and/or high natural susceptibility.
Also what about the overweight fatigued men who actually do have diagnosed low thyroid function, who possibly take thyroid hormone and who have full heads of hair?
** High shbg, not much free androgen activity in the scalp, low susceptibility to hair loss
Then there are bodybuilders who inject unbelievable amounts of testosterone or testosterone analogues, growth hormone, insulin, anti-estrogens etc. who have no hair loss? I mean these guys go through steroid cycles and take hcg and clomid to restart their testosterone production and do it all again and again. These guys have hormone changes going on constantly- huge huge swings.
** Scalp Alpha reductase deficiency, and/or High levels of T to dht at all times, dense diets that have no deficiencies, genetically gifted in having low susceptibility to hair loss as well. Those guys are just plain lucky as their bodies are not wired to stop their hair growth without tremendous interference. But your example here probably only makes up a small percentage of men, I see balding men all the time in the muscle mags and in the gym.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down