Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
New S-equol treatment EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
New S-equol treatment EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
New S-equol treatment EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
New S-equol treatment EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
New S-equol treatment EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
New S-equol treatment EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
New S-equol treatment EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
New S-equol treatment EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
New S-equol treatment EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New S-equol treatment

+7
moby
CausticSymmetry
tooyoung
virtua_
theseeker86
LawOfThelema
Swoosh
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New S-equol treatment Empty New S-equol treatment

Post  Swoosh Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:24 am

This is being talked about on another forum and I am interested in this forum's opinion of such a product:

http://folexen.com/

Swoosh

Back to top Go down

New S-equol treatment Empty Re: New S-equol treatment

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:30 pm

an employee of the company provides more information on this thread.

i didnt see whether this product contains equol or aims to convert one into an equol producer instead.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/62501-Folexen-new-treatment-based-on-S-equol

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:18 pm

so it looks like their dose is too low. on 10 mg a day the average change in hair count was +2 hair in the region they looked at or something like a 2% improvement. i suppose its better than 0 change or a loss, but youd probably want to increase the dose.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIeGMRtsCrhdHB6LUt3QzFOb1BKWDJnRW0yMmFqd1E#gid=0

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:35 pm

IMO the theory is there. With equol you sequester the offending agent itself.

Not inhibiting 5ar would be a huge boon over agents like dutasteride and finasteride. With dut you affect the 5ar 1 that is in the brain and inhibit neurosteroids, with fin and dut you are affecting the T to E ratio - block T to DHT, and T will cascade into other hormones like estradiol and such. Avoiding the change in the T to E ratio should lessen the side effect. Avoiding affecting the neurosteroids should also lessen the side effect.

Seems like an ideal approach really. And apparently this product is equol not the substances thought to turn people into an equol producers as when people tried this approach before.

The issue is the dose they use is small. Probably too small to see the kind of thickening youd see using inhibition of 5ar.

I'd up the dose 5x and see what happens. Itd be between 100-200 USD a month. Try for a few months. Even on the low dose they got an improved hair count by about 2-3%

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Very interesting, I'll have to take a look at their site later on when i get more time.

Is anyone here going to be giving it a go?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:40 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:so it looks like their dose is too low. on 10 mg a day the average change in hair count was +2 hair in the region they looked at or something like a 2% improvement. i suppose its better than 0 change or a loss, but youd probably want to increase the dose.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnIeGMRtsCrhdHB6LUt3QzFOb1BKWDJnRW0yMmFqd1E#gid=0

As far as I can see, these new guys recommend a dose of 2 x 1 grams per day, which should be a bit different...

60 AUD for 100 grams.

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:04 am

I am talking about active ingredient. That 1 gram powder is not all active ingredient. It'd be no different. It's 1 g with 0.5 per cent active ingredient. Do the math and the powder form you'll see gives the same amount of active ingredient as the capsules.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  virtua_ Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:04 am

LawOfThelema wrote:I am talking about active ingredient. That 1 gram powder is not all active ingredient. It'd be no different. It's 1 g with 0.5 per cent active ingredient. Do the math and the powder form you'll see gives the same amount of active ingredient as the capsules.

Ahh, my bad, I actually thought it was pure S-Equol in that powder!

Interesting but very expensive!

This "binding" to the DHT, might this do other bad stuff like rendering it unusable to help with muscle growth etc.? Anyone know?

virtua_

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 am

I remember a few years ago Hoppi talking about s-equol and he contacted doctors to try get an s-equol supplement made I believe, one doctor seemed up for it but never knew what happened really...

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:50 am

Some years ago this was an exciting topic. However, so far to date all of the S-Equol products that have been tried have been met with some negative results. Take a look at Google selection (not Inside) on this site and you'll see what the opinions were.

The FAQ was curiously lacking convincing information.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:41 am

Weren't the prior product designed to turn one into a producer based mainly on epidemiological data as to what equol producers ate rather than s-equol itsel? And it seemed hoppi was taking stuff to become a producer from what I've seen from old threads.

Virtua even pseudo-hermaphrodites who have zero dihydrotestosterone has musculature of a normal adult male.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:51 am

He talked to me off this forum about what I mentioned above.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:14 am

on the other forum, I asked the employee if he can provide some data that his product does in fact contain the active stereoisomer of equol, s-equol, not r-equol which is not bioactive.

if not, using this would be foolish, as supplments, at least in the US are not a regulated industry. if could well contain no equol. not sure how the laws are in australia but i could see them being similarly lax.

if it actually had s-equol in it, i'd give it a go.

if he can't provide this data, then the only alternative would be to buy some, and send it to a lab to get it tested for the active ingredient. i don't know how costly such lab test usually are.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Swoosh Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:30 am

LawOfThelema wrote:Weren't the prior product designed to turn one into a producer based mainly on epidemiological data as to what equol producers ate rather than s-equol itsel? And it seemed hoppi was taking stuff to become a producer from what I've seen from old threads.

Virtua even pseudo-hermaphrodites who have zero dihydrotestosterone has musculature of a normal adult male.

From what I've gathered, you are correct. It would be really interesting to see how this particular product performs -- even more interesting if someone could afford to up the dosage. I wish they had performed more testing.

Swoosh

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:20 am

i have asked them if they could provide product for 5x the recommended dose for a period of 5 months at the current discounted price. if they could and could convince me it is really sequol then id do it.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  moby Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:57 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Some years ago this was an exciting topic. However, so far to date all of the S-Equol products that have been tried have been met with some negative results. Take a look at Google selection (not Inside) on this site and you'll see what the opinions were.

The FAQ was curiously lacking convincing information.

how could you say that? From the studies I've seen, it is pretty effective at blocking DHT and we know that less DHT - more hair. Why wouldn't that work again?

moby

http://stopmpb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:46 am

The result should be better on this one, as it is equol itself, not some cocktail designed to turn your gut into an equol producer.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:39 pm

i already took 15 mg today. ill keep you posted if i see results

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:40 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:i already took 15 mg today. ill keep you posted if i see results

Interested to hear if you get any results as I'm thinking about trying this stuff myself.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:49 pm

my hair count of my shed is down over the past four days.

down 20% then on the next count down 29% from baseline of 150 hairs shed a day

i regard this as significant because i shed consistent and high about 150-200 hairs a day depending on how tangle my hair is.

this about coincides with the 1 week mark of me splitting the dose into 3X per day to ensure that there is equol in my system at all times given its relatively short half life and high clearance rate... 25-30 mg a day split into three doses... we see if it continues to decrease

i have it coming from a cheaper source so i can maintain this dose or increase it at my leisure

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:37 pm

So it is the folexen equol that you are using?

Sounds like you're getting some benefits from it, will be interesting to see what happens as the months roll on.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  zeroes Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Where is the cheaper source Law?

zeroes

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:11 pm

Ausio pharmaceuticals pharmacokinetic studies determine peak plasma concentration of equol is lowered with food consumption (kinda expected). consume your equol without food.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:42 pm

I actually attempted to become an equol producer during 2010, using soy isoflavones, bioperine and specific probiotics. It actually worked really well, not just the hair, but my lactose intolerance cured itself.

I eventually wanted to go the s-equol route, but it seemed too cost prohibitive at the time. I might just revisit this one. Valproic Acid has me intrigued as well.

BTW, an inexpensive yet very precise 0.001g scale:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20g-x-0-001g-Digital-Scale-Grain-Gram-Jewelry-PRO-20-/230847750918?pt=US_Pocket_Digital_Scales&hash=item35bf992306

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:44 pm

lol this company folded already! it is very strange coincidence that it precisely coincides with a thread at Hair loss Talk discussing why folexen was likely a scam.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next