Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation?

+2
dreft
AS54
6 posters

Go down

Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? Empty Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation?

Post  AS54 Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

As I await the results of a hormone test, I am becoming increasingly concerned with how we are bombarded with endocrine disruptors in the environment. I am planning on doing an overhaul of many of the products in my home, particularly the ones I apply to myself. Some of the research points to the fact that these chemicals, like BPA and some pthalates might be bioaccumulative and have much longer half-lives in the body than previously thought. So in addition to trying to eat the most clean foods and staying away from foods packaged in plastic, what else can I do to help the body detox?

Obviously the biggest pathway here is glucoronidation. This relies on a healthy liver first and foremost, and a healthy gut. What are some of the factors that affect this process?

How can I increase glucoronidation, and also liver health, so I can help detox these chemicals more effectively? What is needed to enhance glucoronidation or to remove the problems that are hindering it? I know there is a bacterial component to this, as certain species in the gut produce enzymes that break the conjugate down. I would really appreciate any information anyone has. Thanks.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? Empty Re: Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation?

Post  dreft Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:58 pm

some answers already on the forum, you did not use the search button:

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t6985-effect-of-human-intestinal-bacteria-on-the-metabolism-of-estrogen-hormones

...basically it says that Lactobacillus (of human origin) significantly inhibits β-Glucuronidase.
Good lactobacillus strain of human origin I've found on the net (surprisingly, not on this site): Lactobacillus acidophilus NCFM . There are capsules with this strain but I guess it would be better to make your own youghurt at home using this instructions: http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/beginners_guide/yoghurt/yoghurt.htm
As you can read on that page:
Its is often claimed that we can get more good bacteria from taking commercial probiotics. This is not the case and yoghurt is a very low cost source of probiotics. 24hr SCD™ yoghurt has a concentration of 3 billion cfu/ml which means that in just a cup of Yoghurt (236ml) you'll get 708 Billion beneficial bacteria and that's about 50 times more than that claimed for a typical 15 billion capsule.

Glucuronidation is one of the key Phase II liver detoxification pathways for estrogens and other toxins. Glucuronic acid is conjugated with the estrogen to facilitate its elimination from the body. Unfortunately, some intestinal bacteria (mostly pathogenic) possess an enzyme, glucuronidase, that uncouples the bond between excreted estrogen and glucuronic acid in the large intestine, allowing the estrogen to reenter circulation (enterohepatic recirculation). Not surprising is the finding that excess glucuronidase activity is associated with an increased cancer risk, including breast cancer. The activity of glucuronidase is increased when the diet is high in fat and low in fiber, and can be reduced by establishing a proper bacterial flora by eating a diet high in plant foods and supplementing the diet with the "friendly bacteria" Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium infantis.
..from this site: http://www.funimky.com/research_estrogen.htm

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/801/10_Ways_To_Lower_Estrogen_Toxic_Load_.aspx

And a lot more info on this site regarding probiotics by a user named "LittleFighter" if you browse his posts.

dreft

Back to top Go down

Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation? Empty Re: Detox Pathways: how to increase glucoronidation?

Post  elan164 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:19 pm

SA wilson's coffee enemas

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Mihai,

Thanks for the info. You called me out and you were right. Sometimes if I get a question in my head I instantly jump to making a thread. Bad forum behavior, I know.

Elan,

Have you done these before? I'm hesitant. Something about an enema, and the coffee too.
If I had confirmation on the benefit, I'd be more inclined, but something about it just seems so unnatural.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:06 pm

using the internet is unnatural too Cool

that its unnatural doesnt mean it wont work

as with most alternative therapies you wont find anything regarding its efficacy from the medical academy but lots of testimonies are floating around

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:34 am

There are many toxic pollutants which have enormous half-lives (years/decades to centuries) and for which the primary mechanism of elimination is passive excretion (ie in the feces). An increase in their metabolism (ie conjugation) will likely have only a negligible effect on the levels of these substances. You can try using green algae like chlorella and spirulina to increase fecal elimination. Some people think that infrared saunas also work. IMO there's no evidence for that, although I might try it in the near future.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:59 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:

Elan,

Have you done these before? I'm hesitant. Something about an enema, and the coffee too.
If I had confirmation on the benefit, I'd be more inclined, but something about it just seems so unnatural.

A coffee enema is essentially liver dialysis. Yes i do them once a week, sometimes more often depending on how toxic i am. Don't use your standard coffee off the shelf in the grocery store, theyre full of pesticides and other toxins. Order from SA wilsons, they have special coffee for this. It's been around for a while, look up Gerson therapy.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:05 am

Elan,

I'm going to do a little more internetting on the subject but I'm curious about it without a doubt. I will probably try one soon. My problem at the moment is I have no idea how to perform one. I guess I'll find out. But how does putting liquid into your colon affect the liver? Wouldn't the coffee reach the liver by consuming it the regular way, or does the stomach degrade its detox abilities?

Mihai,
So it seems trying to optimize the conjugation process, ensure the proper gut envrionment so the conjugates aren't separated, and increasing fecal transit should be the goal.

LoT,
Clever, clever haha. I see your point. And its unfortunate the academic community doesn't explore these therapies more thoroughly, given the enormous amount of anecdotal evidence online.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:37 pm

elan164 wrote:
anthonyspencer54 wrote:

Elan,

A coffee enema is essentially liver dialysis. Yes i do them once a week, sometimes more often depending on how toxic i am. Don't use your standard coffee off the shelf in the grocery store, theyre full of pesticides and other toxins. Order from SA wilsons, they have special coffee for this. It's been around for a while, look up Gerson therapy.

Wise post.

Where in BC?
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:40 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:

Obviously the biggest pathway here is glucoronidation. This relies on a healthy liver first and foremost, and a healthy gut. What are some of the factors that affect this process?

How can I increase glucoronidation, and also liver health, so I can help detox these chemicals more effectively? What is needed to enhance glucoronidation or to remove the problems that are hindering it? I know there is a bacterial component to this, as certain species in the gut produce enzymes that break the conjugate down. I would really appreciate any information anyone has. Thanks.

Amino Acids, especially glycine, glutamine, NAC etc. I forget the speciifcs, but eat great protein. Wild salmon, grass fed beef (Unless you are acidic), free range chicken, bison, buffalo, kale etc.
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down