Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.

+4
whodathunkit
a
Smurfy
abc123
8 posters

Go down

Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  Empty Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.

Post  abc123 Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 am

Any ideas on how to make a topical?

Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.

Safer JD, Fraser LM, Ray S, Holick MF.

Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA. jsafer@bu.edu

The skin is a classic target tissue for thyroid hormone action. Although the histology of skin in hypothyroid states is well documented, the literature contains little assessment of skin in thyrotoxic states. In light of the paucity of information on skin under the influence of excess thyroid hormone, we investigated the direct effect of thyroid hormone on skin. Triiodothyronine (T3) was applied topically daily in liposomes to SKH-1 hairless mice for 7 days and to CD rats for 2 weeks. There was a dose-dependent increase in epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in T3-treated animals. Mice that received 3.8 microg of T3 had 42% more hairs per millimeter than controls (p < 0.01), hair length that was 1,180% longer (p < 0.001), 49% greater epidermal 3H-thymidine incorporation (p < 0.01), and 80% more 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine (BrdU) stained cells (p < 0.05). Rats receiving 12.8 microg T3 had 48% greater dermal thickness than controls (p < 0.001), 26% greater epidermal thickness (p < 0.001), 85% more hairs per millimeter (p < 0.005), and 130% greater 3H-thymidine incorporation into the epidermis (p < 0.01). Thus, topically applied thyroid hormone has dramatic effects on both skin and hair growth. These observations offer a new strategy for developing thyroid hormone and its analogues for treating disorders of skin and hair growth.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  Empty Re: Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.

Post  Smurfy Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 am

Thanks abc. I found a few studies on this last week, and was going to bring it up, but forgot.

I only found Cytomel as a T3 source, nothing in a preparation or source, unless you know something. My only thought is possibly use raw thyroid mixed with... alcohol? Though the concentration would be too little I'd imagine.

Also looking for thoughts on this!
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.  Empty Re: Topical triiodothyronine stimulates epidermal proliferation, dermal thickening, and hair growth in mice and rats.

Post  a<r Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:05 am

That's insane, I have never thought of the possibility of topical thyroid hormone ... we've all be so caught up on internal conversion, the gland itself, hormone interactions, etc that we've obviously overlooked some of the seriously obvious. Great post that I think shouldn't disappear into site.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:17 am

Immediate thoughts:

Why would this work? Does the blood flowing to the follicles not contain sufficient amounts of these hormones? and/or... Is there just bad micro-circulation leading to insufficient levels of it? scratch Perhaps it's the final stage in the HPA axis link.

Internal conversion is a must, but this..... for our own sanity, we need to try this haha.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:36 am

Smurfy wrote:Immediate thoughts:

Why would this work? Does the blood flowing to the follicles not contain sufficient amounts of these hormones? and/or... Is there just bad micro-circulation leading to insufficient levels of it? scratch Perhaps it's the final stage in the HPA axis link.

Internal conversion is a must, but this..... for our own sanity, we need to try this haha.

I have no idea, and I'm not sure if it is going to be 100% applicable to MPB but it is certainly worth a try.

aThat's insane, I have never thought of the possibility of topical thyroid hormone ... we've all be so caught up on internal conversion, the gland itself, hormone interactions, etc that we've obviously overlooked some of the seriously obvious. Great post that I think shouldn't disappear into site.

Especially seeing as they were only treated for 1-2 weeks. I have quite a few cytomel tabs, so I will try to make a topical.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 am

Is it possible to make a liposomal preperation ... Hmmm ... keep us all posted.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whodathunkit Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:14 am

Maybe put into solution with a small amount of oil/water/alcohol (whatever works) and then make a crude liposomal preparation with the sonic jewelry cleaner, lecithin, and water, similar to how to make liposomal C serum...? Dunno how you'd calculate the dosage delivery, and I'm certainly not as fluent in sci-babble as a lot of you guys, but this is very interesting to me. For facial rejuvenation as well as hair loss. abc, good luck, please keep us posted!

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:46 am

This abstract was posted in the "theory in practice" section on the main website. Interestingly, the study found that T4 promotes hair growth whereas T3 inhibits it. This was an in vitro study. Maybe T3's effects are different in vivo, as would be consistent with the OP.

Context: Both insufficient and excess levels of thyroid hormones (T3 and T4) can result in altered hair/skin structure and function (e.g. effluvium). However, it is still unclear whether T3 and T4 exert any direct effects on human hair follicles (HFs), and if so, how exactly human HFs respond to T3/T4 stimulation.

Objective: Our objective was to asses the impact of T3/T4 on human HF in vitro.

Methods: Human anagen HFs were isolated from skin obtained from females undergoing facelift surgery. HFs from euthyroid females between 40 and 69 yr (average, 56 yr) were cultured and treated with T3/T4.

Results: Studying microdissected, organ-cultured normal human scalp HFs, we show here that T4 up-regulates the proliferation of hair matrix keratinocytes, whereas their apoptosis is down-regulated by T3 and T4. T4 also prolongs the duration of the hair growth phase (anagen) in vitro, possibly due to the down-regulation of TGF-β2, the key anagen-inhibitory growth factor. Because we show here that human HFs transcribe deiodinase genes (D2 and D3), they may be capable of converting T4 to T3. Intrafollicular immunoreactivity for the recognized thyroid hormone-responsive keratins cytokeratin (CK) 6 and CK14 is significantly modulated by T3 and T4 (CK6 is enhanced, CK14 down-regulated). Both T3 and T4 also significantly stimulate intrafollicular melanin synthesis.

Conclusions: Thus, we present the first evidence that human HFs are direct targets of thyroid hormones and demonstrate that T3 and/or T4 modulate multiple hair biology parameters, ranging from HF cycling to pigmentation.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 pm

Amazing findings guys. Thanks for the post ABC. I am interested in trying to formulate a topical also. Is cytomel only available via prescription. If not, where are you purchasing from, if you are alright saying.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:17 pm

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Amazing findings guys. Thanks for the post ABC. I am interested in trying to formulate a topical also. Is cytomel only available via prescription. If not, where are you purchasing from, if you are alright saying.

mymexicandrugstore.org

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Especially seeing as they were only treated for 1-2 weeks. I have quite a few cytomel tabs, so I will try to make a topical.

Murine metabolism is faster than human metabolism. Mice grow hair faster, are more suceptible to tumor growth, and have shorter lifespans than humans. This is account of faster metabolism. What grows in 2 weeks on a mouse does not correspond to fast action in human beings.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:32 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:

Murine metabolism is faster than human metabolism. Mice grow hair faster, are more suceptible to tumor growth, and have shorter lifespans than humans. This is account of faster metabolism. What grows in 2 weeks on a mouse does not correspond to fast action in human beings.

I didn't know that. Mice live shorter than humans?

1 week in rat years is approx half a year, which is still quite fast.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:26 pm

yeah. a rule of thumb is size inverse with metabolism. smaller mammals tend to have shorter life spans, faster to reach maturity, faster growth rates, etc. probably holds for animals generally.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:19 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:yeah. a rule of thumb is size inverse with metabolism. smaller mammals tend to have shorter life spans, faster to reach maturity, faster growth rates, etc. probably holds for animals generally.
Does not seem so: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleiber's_law

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:10 pm

Well, it seems there are different terms in user here which use the same word. There is metabolic rate which is total energy consumed. Yeah a brontosaur has that being higher than a fruit fly, but the fruit fly has a higher mass specific metabolism or J/s/kg. Why this is, is somewhat a matter of speculation but surface to volume ratio decreasing as the size of an organism increases tends to be cited.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 pm

I see. My mistake :)

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down