Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Chronic sore throat EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Chronic sore throat EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Chronic sore throat EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Chronic sore throat EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Chronic sore throat EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Chronic sore throat EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Chronic sore throat EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Chronic sore throat EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Chronic sore throat EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Chronic sore throat

3 posters

Go down

Chronic sore throat Empty Chronic sore throat

Post  LeBrianJones Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:42 pm

My throat has been inflamed for several years now.

I first noticed problems with my throat shortly before my thyroid problems, hair loss, joint pain, etc. took off, but I dismissed it as a coincidence. It first presented as a terrible dry cough that lasted a week and kept me up for a few hours each night. This was not an ordinary cough, when I say terrible I mean an uncontrollable, extremely powerful contraction of the abdominals, sort of like dry heaving. The funny thing is that I had no other signs of infection - no headache, fever, etc. The coughing stopped almost immediately upon getting out of bad (standing up, I guess), so this made me think of something like acid reflux.

That was 5 years ago. Since then, I wake up in the morning about 50% of the time with a dry/sore throat that lasts for a few minutes after I get out of bed (again, acid reflux?). I really didn't think much of it until about a year ago, when I was yawning a big yawn and a friend pointed out that my throat was quite red. I've been checking my throat every few weeks since then and it continues to appear veiny and inflamed.

All these symptoms don't bother me per se, but given what we all know about chronic infection/inflammation, I wonder if in fact this is the cause of some of my other problems.

I can't be the only one who has experienced this, I'm curious to know what you guys think. If this is not acid reflux, I was thinking about following an intense listerine gargling regimen for a few weeks; but even if this helps the throat, I'm not sure how much it's going to help reduce systemic inflammation. Thoughts?

LeBrianJones

Back to top Go down

Chronic sore throat Empty Re: Chronic sore throat

Post  DavidRodgersMSNutrition Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 am

I definitely recommend going to see a doctor - I didn't see that you mentioned a doctor anywhere in your post. While you may or may not want to take drugs to fix the problem, a doctor usually can do a good job diagnosing the true condition, whether it be a chronic infection, thyroid imbalance, or hydration/kidney issue, or something else.

In the meantime, take some garlic and elderberry. Take two pills per day of each for 2-3 weeks. This should help infectious possibilities. Nature's Way is a good brand for those. Take some aloe vera juice - Aerobic Life is a good brand that doesn't have chemical preservatives. Try an ounce twice a day. This should help sooth your throat - drink in small sips. Additionally, take a glass of water and add about of tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of baking soda. Gargle as deep as you can, and if you swallow a little bit while doing so, it is okay.

See how that does for you.

David Rodgers, M.S. Nutrition
Nutritionist / Hair Loss Author

DavidRodgersMSNutrition

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 am

Obviously you wouldn't be posting a thread on sore throats if you smoked cigarettes, but I felt the need to get the question out of the way because I did for a long time and I frequently awoke with sore throats.

Additionally, do you use a fan at night?

Having a fan blowing on you for the entire night can really, really dry out your throat, similar to the way your throat gets dry during winter months. A humidifier helps. But I insist on using a fan at nighttime, something about the sounds helps me sleep. I too awake every morning with a sore throat that disappears after about 5 minutes with no residual pain for the rest of the day, until the next morning of course.

I've also heard that systemic candidiasis can cause a chronic sore throat, although I've come to hate how much that term is thrown around at every health problem. Never experience thrush have you?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down