Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify

+3
LawOfThelema
a
decalvans
7 posters

Go down

Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify Empty Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify

Post  decalvans Mon May 21, 2012 11:31 am

Hey everyone, first post.
I've had a scalp condition for 5 years now, but now i'm at the point where the thinning hair is reallly starting to wear me down, especially since i'm a sophomore in college. I get pustules and inflammation constantly, and lose hair because of it. I've had biopsies and cultures which have confirmed P. Acnes and Staph Aureus, and I've seen countless dermatologists, a couple have thought it was Folliculitis Decalvans. I've been taking a variety of antibiotics for 5 years now, and have had an assortment of creams, foams, shampoos, corticosteroids, and supplements. Right now I'm on Rifampin 2x a day, Septra 2x a day, an antihistamine, zinc+selenium tablet, biotin, and vitamin D, all daily. I'm running out of hope and options, and have been posting around looking for advice. Please help if you can, my unsightly scalp and bald spots are killing my confidence and making me depressed when I should be having the time of my life studying abroad. Thanks.

decalvans

Back to top Go down

Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify Empty Re: Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify

Post  a<r Mon May 21, 2012 11:39 am

What topicals have you tried?

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify Empty Re: Hair loss, inflammation and pustules on scalp, doctors can't identify

Post  LawOfThelema Mon May 21, 2012 12:17 pm

in college my dandruff was worse, and could arguably been considered sebboric dermatitus or some other condition. i would get weepy pustules, that would bleed and expel fatty puss. my head was constantly itching. at that time i was consuming the worst food, getting little exercise, and such. hair loss was also at its worst with the shower drain getting clogged with fistfuls of hair. try working on those factors. despite the ease of access: don't eat the usual "college kid" diet that consists of daily pizza, cheesesteak, french fries, soda, frosted flakes etc. skin conditions are often thought of as autoimmune conditions. autoimmune conditions seem particularly susceptible to environmental and psychological stress as well. at college there is plenty of access to recreational groups which do yoga, tai chi, zazen meditation, and other relaxation practices. join one and try reduce your overall stress. good luck.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon May 21, 2012 12:43 pm

decalvans wrote:Hey everyone, first post.
I've had a scalp condition for 5 years now, but now i'm at the point where the thinning hair is reallly starting to wear me down, especially since i'm a sophomore in college. I get pustules and inflammation constantly, and lose hair because of it. I've had biopsies and cultures which have confirmed P. Acnes and Staph Aureus, and I've seen countless dermatologists, a couple have thought it was Folliculitis Decalvans. I've been taking a variety of antibiotics for 5 years now, and have had an assortment of creams, foams, shampoos, corticosteroids, and supplements. Right now I'm on Rifampin 2x a day, Septra 2x a day, an antihistamine, zinc+selenium tablet, biotin, and vitamin D, all daily. I'm running out of hope and options, and have been posting around looking for advice. Please help if you can, my unsightly scalp and bald spots are killing my confidence and making me depressed when I should be having the time of my life studying abroad. Thanks.

Dermatologists only treat symptoms. Chances are good that there is a digestion problem. Standard 'treatments' will just make things worse, since any antibiotic can potentially exacerbate the condition, and corticosteriods only mask the problem.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  decalvans Tue May 22, 2012 12:04 am

As far as topicals, I have tried clobex, clobetasol, topicorte, potash alum, and some others I've forgotten. I've attempted a strict anti-inflammatory diet and healthy lifestyle to no avail. I need to find the root cause, it seem to be an abnormal host immune response to P. Acnes and Staph Aureus in my follicles.

decalvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Peter Tue May 22, 2012 9:36 pm

When you have thinning hair that indicates that your hair is already weak and sensitive. Using products that contain harsh chemicals will ruin them further. Consider using herbal hair loss remedies that get to the root of the problem and stimulate healthy hair growth.

Remember that the herbal method takes time to show results but they are effective and without any adverse side effects. So, the next time you go to buy a shampoo or conditioner, look for products that contain Saw palmetto and He Shou Wu.

Massage your hair with essential oils, drink plenty of water and improve your diet by adding more vitamins and minerals to it.

Mike Peter

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 am

Eczematous dermatitis includes several skin conditions, but one common factor is the presence of bacteria, particular S Aureus. One key element is a problem with producing filaggrin, and this leads to a really poor skin barrier (high pH, no acid mantle) and this allows the bacteria to populate. This tends to create an inflammatory condition and sparks immunity, before you know it you are reacting to every chemical in existence.

Ultimately you need to do your best to rid the bacteria, keep a barrier on your skin, and balance your immunity. Try a bleach bath (1/2 cup of bleach to one tub of water) or perhaps a vinegar bath. Spritz your scalp with a apple cider vinegar dilution several times a day, once after bathing and again before bed possibly. Use a slightly acidic lotion for the rest of your skin, perhaps a hyaluronic acid based product.

Your skin tissues are probably hyper sensitized so you will need to balance the immune system. Avoid triggers the best you can: products that aren't all natural or hypoallergenic, and dietary factors that could cause a reaction (wheat/dairy/eggs/peanuts). Go to an immunologist or endo and have them do your blood work. You probably are TH1 and TH2 imbalanced, and will need to take measures to balance them. Often, with dermatitis you are TH2 dominant, and things like astragalus, echinacea, inosine, transfer factor or colostrum will help. But make sure you know before throwing these supplements at yourself.

CS probably brought up the biggest issue, and thats your gut. Parasites, bacterial overgrowth, and leaky gut have to be taken care of before you'll see any benefit.
Use a multi-strain probiotic like Dr. Ohiras and also S Boulardi. The immune system in your gut could be the root.

As a side note, sebum buildup is going to do nothing but hurt you. Keep your scalp clean with a non-harsh shampoo, use the bleach bath a few times per week, use the vinegar spray. Do your best to get sun exposure on your scalp daily, 20-30 minutes. Keep your diet clean: grass fed meat, vegetables, fruits > cut out grains and dairy for a while to see if you improve. I would recommend a low carb diet, paleo-ish. But some wouldn't agree there, you'll have to experiment.
I also had success with topical iodine.

Do you also have rosacea, easily flush, or have patchy tones to your skin (perhaps like a quilt where some areas have a different hue)?
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed May 23, 2012 3:48 am

I second the others about fixing your gut/probiotics - especially after being on a slew of antibiotics for 5 years.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down