Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

This is the scariest forum on the Internet.....

+18
ferox
teacup
a
ubraj
LittleFighter
Amaranthaceae
theseeker86
Hoppipolla
MilBA
Delphine
CausticSymmetry
Columbo
hellwig
AS54
SlowMoe
Paradox
whodathunkit
scottyc33
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... Empty This is the scariest forum on the Internet.....

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:36 am

seriously, there are so many theories as to what causes hair loss: inflammation, kidney/liver diseases, thyroids, western diet, candida, shape of your head, lack of exercise, allergies...... really?? With so much "information" here at hand, baldness should be cured yet I can't find anyone who regrew ANY hair!

Oh, and all those theories suggesting that there is something wrong with my body and that's why baldness sets in..... well guess what - I'm healthy. Everyone in my family lived way above life expectancy. No family history of any chronic diseases/cancer or anything like that. Both my grandparents are in their late 60's and they're very healthy for their age - will live another 20 years easily. I got good genetics in that department.
My diet/lifestyle is 10x worse that what they had, yet I've started to bald at nearly exact age as the person whom I inherited this baldness gene from. EXPLAIN ME THAT!

Back to top Go down

This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... Empty Re: This is the scariest forum on the Internet.....

Post  scottyc33 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:08 am

2020 wrote:seriously, there are so many theories as to what causes hair loss: inflammation, kidney/liver diseases, thyroids, western diet, candida, shape of your head, lack of exercise, allergies...... really?? With so much "information" here at hand, baldness should be cured yet I can't find anyone who regrew ANY hair!

Oh, and all those theories suggesting that there is something wrong with my body and that's why baldness sets in..... well guess what - I'm healthy. Everyone in my family lived way above life expectancy. No family history of any chronic diseases/cancer or anything like that. Both my grandparents are in their late 60's and they're very healthy for their age - will live another 20 years easily. I got good genetics in that department.
My diet/lifestyle is 10x worse that what they had, yet I've started to bald at nearly exact age as the person whom I inherited this baldness gene from. EXPLAIN ME THAT!

You sound angry and bitter.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

This is the scariest forum on the Internet..... Empty Re: This is the scariest forum on the Internet.....

Post  whodathunkit Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:14 am

Just let the thread die. Don't feed the trolls.

whodathunkit

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:26 am

And you are "scared" why? What about this is "scary"? Maybe try to find some forums on flesh eating bacteria, or genocide, or great white sharks or something. Being scared by a hair loss forum is pretty damn funny in my opinion. That kind of thing you may not want to go around telling people. It's kind of embarrassing!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 am

not a troll. Just can't believe some of you are using lasers, scalp exercises and what not to fight this hair loss even though no one has ever regrew hair from that.

It's scary because everytime I visit this forum, you guys convince me that I have hundreds of internal problems and that's what's causing hair loss even though I know I'm perfectly healthy...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 am

scottyc33 wrote:
You sound angry and bitter.

nope, just saying that losing hair is normal and that's not an indication of your "inner" health.

Perfectly healthy people go bald. Here you go, that alone just contradicts every single theory you have on this forum

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 am

Tight scalp/ poor circulation "theory" is perfectly sound in my opinion.

I believe certain people just have tighter scalps/ poorer circulation/ more stress/ more stress hormones than others. U think nutrition plays a small role in hair health compared to the circulatory issues.

And yes, I have noticed some regrowth, so have several other people guy.

Last edited by SlowMoe on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:40 am

I understand what you mean in the sense that it can be easy to walk away from a site like this with the belief that you have parasites, a chronic lyme infection, hypothyroidism, heavy metals, etc. It can be overwhelming. That's why its important to take it slowly.

Usually the simplest answer is the right one. If you are a smoker, don't walk away trying to explain your inflammation is due to some intestinal parasite or corticosteroid imbalance. Quit smoking. If you have an extra fifty pounds, its the same case. These are oversimplified examples, of course, but it is easy to get wrapped up in some of these topics and walk away thinking you suffer from them all, given that the symptoms often overlap.

Again, use some critical thinking skills when it comes to analyzing yourself and really listen to your body. I also think this is why you should find a good doctor who is willing to WORK WITH YOU. Establish the pillars of a healthy lifestyle first, see where you are at, and go from there. Don't start trying to treat some complex problem yourself until you tune in the parts of your lifestyle that you can control, like diet. In your case, I'd also like to say I believe strongly that YOUR BELIEFS about your body have a lot to do with what you actually see arise.

And maybe most importantly: you need to assess what your criteria for being healthy is. Sometimes what's happening internally is a different story. If you believe eating the USDA nutritional recommendations means you're leading a healthy lifestyle, well, you've got a lot of threads to start reading.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 am

There actually are people who are regrowing hair with methods of increasing scalp circulation, but you make a good point about all these other theories which have been of little use.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:44 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:I understand what you mean in the sense that it can be easy to walk away from a site like this with the belief that you have parasites, a chronic lyme infection, hypothyroidism, heavy metals, etc. It can be overwhelming. That's why its important to take it slowly.

Usually the simplest answer is the right one. If you are a smoker, don't walk away trying to explain your inflammation is due to some intestinal parasite or corticosteroid imbalance. Quit smoking. If you have an extra fifty pounds, its the same case. These are oversimplified examples, of course, but it is easy to get wrapped up in some of these topics and walk away thinking you suffer from them all, given that the symptoms often overlap.

Again, use some critical thinking skills when it comes to analyzing yourself and really listen to your body. I also think this is why you should find a good doctor who is willing to WORK WITH YOU. Establish the pillars of a healthy lifestyle first, see where you are at, and go from there. Don't start trying to treat some complex problem yourself until you tune in the parts of your lifestyle that you can control, like diet. In your case, I'd also like to say I believe strongly that YOUR BELIEFS about your body have a lot to do with what you actually see arise.

no, that's the opposite of what I'm suggesting.

MPB is not a sign of poor health.

I'm healthy. Everyone in my family is healthy and live long healthy lives, so none of your garbage here will help me.

None of your "information" on this forum will help anyone. Most of you don't have any problems. MPB is purely genetic. That's it. Get over it. Go do something else instead of making up theories

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:48 am

Saying that MPB is not a sign of a problem because it is genetic, is like saying ALS/MS aren't problems because they're genetic. Its the genetic component that makes it difficult to address, not what makes it "not worth" addressing.

The immune system is having a deranged response to androgens in the scalp, so despite the fact that you may be healthy in many respects, your immune response is not.

And you're right to the extent that hair loss is pretty superficial, but its the same inflammatory processes that cause hairloss that lead to implications down the road. So maybe you'll live a long life, why not try to maximize it? There's a huge component to this site dedicated to just being optimally healthy, with or without hair.

Last edited by anthonyspencer54 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 am

To say it's purely genetic is very naive because you can slow down hairloss with diet, lifestyle and certain supplenents, even if it cant be 'cured' this way.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:50 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Saying that MPB is not a sign of a problem because it is genetic, is like saying ALS/MS aren't problems because they're genetic. Its the genetic component that makes it difficult to address, not what makes it "not worth" addressing.

The immune system is having a deranged response to androgens in the scalp, so despite the fact that you may be healthy in many respects, your immune response is not.

And you're right to the extent that hair loss is pretty superficial, but its the same inflammatory processes that cause hairloss that lead to implications down the road. So maybe you'll live a long life, why not try to maximize it? There's a huge component to this site dedicated to just being optimally healthy, with or without hair.

good point. There are other conditions like heart disease that are highly linked to MPB.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:54 am

Paradox wrote:
good point. There are other conditions like heart disease that are highly linked to MPB.

bad point. Heart disease doesn't really run in my family. People just went bald..... health was unaffected because of it.
Are you seriously suggesting that MPB is a sign of underlying health problems?

Back to top Go down

Post  SlowMoe Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:02 am

If it is genetic why is the skin in my balding area 3 x tighter than in my fill area. Why is it that when I get stressed I feel my scalp tightening? Why is it that when I got married, I started balding way faster and my scalp always felt noticeably tighter than when I was a bachelor?
SlowMoe
SlowMoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 am

SlowMoe wrote:If it is genetic why is the skin in my balding area 3 x tighter than in my fill area. Why is it that when I get stressed I feel my scalp tightening? Why is it that when I got married, I started balding way faster and my scalp always felt noticeably tighter than when I was a bachelor?

counterexample:

hair transplants work. Hair stays there PERMANENTLY for the rest of your life. How is that?

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:07 am

MPB is an inflammatory condition. Chronic inflammation doesn't guarantee future disease but it potentiates it significantly.

So if you think inflammation is the norm, then no, I guess it doesn't suggest underlying health problems.

But for the rest of the rational world, it does, at least as a leading indicator of future health problems. If that is what is up for debate here, this thread is now pointless.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:09 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:MPB is an inflammatory condition.

nope. you can pump a person with all inflammation you want, if that person's follicles are resistant to androgens, then he won't go bald no matter what

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 am

Well that's because inflammation isn't something you can pump someone full of. The inflammation is what is genetic. A genetic abnormality leads to an immune attack on the androgens. Every male has androgens, some more, some less, its whether you experience inflammation caused by the DHT. This is the genetic part. If your immune system is attacking DHT bound to a hair follice, it will thin. If there is not an inflammatory response, the bulb won't suffer. So someone who is genetically predisposed to this type of attack on the follicle should be trying to cool inflammation at all costs. The problem is that a person with this type of conditon often has immune defects systemically, as you'll often see happen in the gut. This is what leads to future health problems > chronic inflammation > vascular damage > heart problems for example.

Last edited by anthonyspencer54 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:17 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Well that's because inflammation isn't something you can pump someone full of. The inflammation is what is genetic. A genetic abnormality leads to an immune attack on the androgens. Every male has androgens, some more, some less, its whether you experience inflammation caused by the DHT. This is the genetic part. If your immune system is attacking DHT bound to a hair follice, it will thin. If there is not an inflammatory response, the bulb won't suffer.

then why do vegetarians/athletes and other SUPER HEALTHY people with minimal inflammation go bald?

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:19 am

"MPB is not a sign of poor health."

That may well be a valid statement, one worth exploring.

Though that doesn't necessarily mean ill health can't compound hair loss.

Two distinct things.

Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 am

ok whatever I'm done here..... you can all continue using lasers, massaging your scalps and cleaning your livers or whatever. None of that will help you. You are wasting time and money here.

Enjoy your placebo effect. I'm out!

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 am

You have some flawed assumptions there.
First, vegetarian eating is pretty much a big experiment. There's absolutely NO good long term data on success with a vegetarian diet.
Athletes, particularly runners, who may look healthy aesthetically (muscles, low body fat %) are often victims of health issues later in life, often cardiac problems. Just because someone "looks" healthy (i.e. appears attractive based on changing cultural standards) doesn't mean they don't experience inflammation. In fact, they probably do and that is why these seemingly healthy people will lose their hair.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 am

2020 wrote:ok whatever I'm done here..... you can all continue using lasers, massaging your scalps and cleaning your livers or whatever. None of that will help you. You are wasting time and money here.

Enjoy your placebo effect. I'm out!

Are you bailing at the first sight of actually discussing the matter? Strap a pair on, we may get some good debate going.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 am

At the risk of insulting the topic here, I suggest anyone who thinks hair loss is a "normal, healthy" condition to just move away from this forum and seek the advice of the conventional mindset.

There is a simple and a complex explanation for hair loss.

(1) It's a symptom of poor oxygen.

(2) It's also a symptom of an imbalance the endocrine system in one or more of the hypothalamus, pituitary, thymus and kidney/adrenals.

The problem is that everyone is different. If you discover what is wrong on an individual basis, it is a reward that will last a life time.

Almost no one is healthy by pure definition. Laboratory references ranges include sick people.

Many view taking medications and/or prescription drugs as normal. No one can become healthy by blocking protein pathways and destroying enzymes.

Very few people consume enough minerals, much less understand their importance. Nutritional physiology and biochemistry vanished in standard, orthodox medical training after the 1940's.

If I measure the thyroid function by proper tests that assess oxygen utilization, virtually everyone fails by the time they reach 50 +, and many are far below normally much, much earlier.

Health care exists to make a profit from sick people. There's no money in healthy people and that's how the system is set up.

Many of my friends are becoming unrecognizable, because they are becoming more ill by the year. Many look 20 years older than me, it is disturbing and many will be dead or suffer from unnecessary drugs or medical procedures. They are not interested in looking at nutritional labels and avoiding microwaves and hydrogenated oils, cooking with toxic oils, etc.

They would prefer to listen to the herd, living in fear as they walk a short plank into the abysmal sick care system.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next