Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Scalp health, Ray Peat? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Scalp health, Ray Peat?

+3
tonyj
AS54
dadon
7 posters

Go down

Scalp health, Ray Peat? Empty Scalp health, Ray Peat?

Post  dadon Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:03 am

Hello everyone. I´ve been researching hair loss for over a year now and ended up trying the Ray Peat- Diet. Although getting results at other health areas, my hairloss hasn´t stopped and it´s progressing very quickly. I think that my thyroid-health has improved (higher temperatures/higher pulses), but it has done nothing for my hair.

Although eating liver twice a week (around 250 grams a week) my dandruff has continued and I´ve got some yellow stuff on my fingers, if i scratch my scalp. It feels like there is a layer of dead skincells on my scalp that block the growth of new hair.

I dont use any shampoos anymore (just bakig soda and recently started applying epsom salt to my scalp). What can i do about it? Could it be due to a Vitamin A deficiency? (because i do a red-light therapy which could deplete Vit.a very quickly)

dadon

Back to top Go down

Scalp health, Ray Peat? Empty Re: Scalp health, Ray Peat?

Post  AS54 Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:06 am

If you are consuming liver twice a week, there's almost no way you are Vit A deficient, unless you are having absorption problems and aren't properly assimilating your food, which there is a good chance of if you are having gut issues.

But other than that, I'll tell you what really helped my problem with the scalp. I had the same problem as you. I would often wake up in the morning with sebum deposits on the scalp and the skin was always red and itchy. Avoiding grains was a big one, but applying iodine helped tremendously. ACV did to a degree, but incomparable to iodine. I add 6-7 drops of Iosol to about an ounce of water and spray it on. I can't be sure about the exact concentration, I just go by the color of the liquid. It virtually eliminated all of these issues.

I still use shampoo, but I use a natural one that is pretty clean as far as shampoos go. Giving the scalp some exercise with massage, pulling the hair, and using your fingernails when shampooing to scrub the skin has helped also.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:39 am

Removing grains from my diet worked for me as well. No more dandruff in the morning, my teeth stopped hurting and no more fungus between my toes or on my toe nail.

I've read most of Ray Peats website and I think he's not a big fan of grains either.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  dadon Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:49 am

I´m not consuming grains. I will try topical coconutoil and epsom salt. On top of that i´ll start some type of bloodflow-exercises for the scalp, like brushing or sth. I hope that will help my scalp.

dadon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:50 pm

You need to clean your scalp.

Go do handstands in a freezing ocean. It works.

Don't leave it on too long, though - rinse after a coulpe of hours.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  dreft Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 am

Mastery wrote:You need to clean your scalp.

Go do handstands in a freezing ocean. It works.

Don't leave it on too long, though - rinse after a coulpe of hours.

M

Why it has to be a freezing ocean?...I know salt water raises PH and kills pathogens topically and internally as well, but I don't understand the temperature part.
Thanks

dreft

Back to top Go down

Post  bh2o Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:36 pm

I used to be a "Peaterian" or a "Peatard" I suppose, having implemented a Peat inspired diet about a month ago. I was on it for about two months or so. Honestly, I was doubtful of the science behind this approach to diet, but I wanted to do it--I wanted it to work for me because I LOVED that it allowed me to eat "what my body craved for" i.e. sugars, fruits, ice cream, etc.

I was eating a pint of ice cream nearly every day, popping 325mgs of aspirin, eating all the carbs I wanted, drinking coffee (first decaf, but then fell into the habit of drinking caffeine again), drinking milk, eating liver etc. I thought that I was doing well, but no--I was just fooling myself.

The ice cream was making me fat, the aspirin was making me sick, the carbs were increasing inflammation, the milk was giving me GI distress, the liver was overly increasing my iron stores to dangerous levels.

I have been off of this type of diet for a few weeks, switching to an anti-yeast diet (damn near the complete opposite) after realizing that I have Candida--and I feel much better.

Figured I might as well post this here. I do like many of Peat’s ideas however. One must make sure that the science matches up with the individual’s health bio-markers and not indulge in a diet that you really would like to work for you, but is probably not in your best interest. If it works for you, great.
bh2o
bh2o

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 pm

yeah not one diet will work for everyone and everyone reacts differently to different foods milk products besides some cheese seem to cause too much mucus. A raw carrot a day I think most could handle. Orange juice not too much for me or some whole oranges seem to be better for keeping blood sugar more steady.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  dadon Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:30 am

You´re right. But i think its often about food-quality. The biochemistry behind his ideas is pretty solid. So if someone can´t tolerate fresh juice, its either the quality of the fruits or the person is not ready yet to tolerate it. There are examples for all kinds of diets that produced healthy people. The modern lifestyle is stressful to the body and so it needs a lot of finetuning to make a diet work perfectly. We all have accumulated indiviudal weaknesses, that need individual strategies. But our bodies are not that different after all...just the environment we grow up in is different for everybody.

For me the hardest part of the Peat-diet is tolerating OJ. I get a lot of GI-stress from drinking commercial ones and even fresh-pressed juice is hard on my stomach..

My weakness is the stomach and if i dont address it, my health declines.

dadon

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:03 am

no it doesn't matter I drink/drank milk all the time growing up regular pasteurized tried ultra and even raw doesn't matter same response mucus and seems to cause acne. I would say the environment our ancestors grew up in shaped our metabolism today some thrive on certain foods while others do poorly on the same food.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down