Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis

+7
Lambaugh
tooyoung
Paradox
ubraj
imprisoned-radical
bryce54
Espio
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis Empty 30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis

Post  Espio Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:14 am

30% of Human Genome is Activated by Gingivitis
Monday, December 21, 2009

Byron Richards, CCN

In another blow to the reductionist logic of Western Medicine it appears that an ongoing problem in your mouth may cause multiple health problems all over your body. Researchers have found that almost 1/3 of the genes in your body are expressed differently when you have the rather common problem of swollen, easily-bleeding gums and plaque accumulation known as gingivitis.

It makes sense that your body would have a strategy to deal with any acute infection. This would include an inflammatory immune response, a ramping up of natural defenses (such as antioxidant enzymes), accelerated tissue repair, metabolic genes, etc. All of these gene functions are survival in nature and work toward the goal of bringing quick resolution to a problem. However, what happens to these genes and your health when the problem is low-grade and ongoing?

“The study’s findings demonstrate that clinical symptoms of gingivitis reflect complicated changes in cellular and molecular processes within the body,” said Steven Offenbacher, D.D.S., Ph.D., the study’s lead author. “Understanding the thousands of individual genes and multiple systems involved in gingivitis will help explain exactly what is occurring in a person’s body at the onset of the disease and how it relates to their overall health.”

Gingivitis is reflective of a problem known as biofilm formation, meaning that germs have formed gangs and are highly resistant to your immune system. Biofilms are also formed in your sinuses and digestive tract, and can be bacterial and/or fungal in nature (such as a Candida albicans biofilm). Biofilms are a significant health challenge.

The fact that so many genes are expressed in an attempt to deal with a biofilm is startling. Since a large number of these genes are immune-related and inflammatory, and since the common thread of all diseases of aging is a progressive burden of immune-related inflammation, the implications of this finding to human health are significant.

And not to rain on anyone’s holiday parade, but the excess consumption of sugar during the holidays is a primary time when biofilms go wild. And once they ramp up to a new level of activation it can take months to get them back under control (not to mention the 10 or 15 pounds that often comes with them).

http://www.wellnessresources.com/health/articles/30_of_human_genome_is_activated_by_gingivitis/

This article presents another possibility, what if the gum recession and gingivitis causes the hair loss? A few years ago I posted a study that showed that people with male pattern baldness had higher levels of sulfurous bacteria in their mouths. This could be why a lot of people have had so much success with oil pulling for their hair. Thoughts?

Espio

Back to top Go down

30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis Empty Re: 30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis

Post  bryce54 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 am

Pretty interesting.. I'm sure it would not hurt to rid the mouth of any bad bacteria. Does this just take brushing of teeth multiple times per day to help with this? I use baking soda to brush my teeth and my body is very sensitive and I don't know what all the chemcials do in tooth paste to me, anyone have comments on baking soda use for this?

Maybe I should buy some alcohol for mouth wash ors omething..

Thanks for this post, never knew about this.
bryce54
bryce54

Back to top Go down

30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis Empty Re: 30% of human genome is activated by gingivitis

Post  imprisoned-radical Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:28 am

Interesting article. This falls right in line with CS' previous claims about many diseases being associated with oral pathology. A couple months ago I posted some studies showing that gingivitis can independently contribute to the development of heart disease.

My hair loss accelerated and became noticeable in 2010, and it was accompanied by deterioration of my gum line. During the summer of the same year, my dentist pointed out that my gums were bleeding profusely during the cleaning procedure. He also tried to play it down as if it was not serious. Maybe he was hoping that if my condition progressed I would require a couple root canals down the road.

Interesting how common problems like bad breath, dandruff, gingivitis are dismissed by mainstream medicine as cosmetic issues when they are actually indications of deteriorating health.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:30 am

Espio wrote:This could be why a lot of people have had so much success with oil pulling for their hair. Thoughts?

Yes, IMO. Also a huge one being spirochetes in the mouth. Lyme is just one of a couple dozen spirochetes. These cell wall deficient bacteria/l form bacteria mess with the Vitamin D receptor/lower Vitamin D levels, huge cause in gingivitis, get transfered throughout the body because of the bleeding gums, end up in the brain causing inflammation and thus psychological issues such as anxiety, depression and even worse, "cause" cavitations, etc..

FWIW, a couple years ago I did oil pulling and while it works very well and some oils are better than others, other measures still need to be taken IME. Oil pulling is just another tool in the tool box... a good one though.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:34 am

rdkml wrote:
Espio wrote:This could be why a lot of people have had so much success with oil pulling for their hair. Thoughts?

Yes, IMO. Also a huge one being spirochetes in the mouth. Lyme is just one of a couple dozen spirochetes. These cell wall deficient bacteria/l form bacteria mess with the Vitamin D receptor/lower Vitamin D levels, huge cause in gingivitis, get transfered throughout the body because of the bleeding gums, end up in the brain causing inflammation and thus psychological issues such as anxiety, depression and even worse, "cause" cavitations, etc..

FWIW, a couple years ago I did oil pulling and while it works very well and some oils are better than others, other measures still need to be taken IME. Oil pulling is just another tool in the tool box... a good one though.

What other measures?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 am

bryce54 wrote:Maybe I should buy some alcohol for mouth wash ors omething..

Dr. Nordquist has very good info here. If you read the info on each youtube video has very good info and how he treats. https://www.youtube.com/user/implantdrdm#p/u/3/iwP4e2LvmoE

One of his sites. http://lifeguardyourhealth.com/96/

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:54 am

Paradox wrote:What other measures?

First I should mention that it's said 80% or so of everyone has gingivitis so its very common. And that one shouldn't floss their teeth and there is blood.

As far what you can do to stop it, Dr. Nordquist is "very" good here. The two links above I would recommend.

Also, I personally Super Zappicate my water which works extremely well but there are water picks that magnetizes the water to help limit bacteria from sticking to the teeth. I forget the name of the device though. I heard from one person mention that she's happy with hers. But again, I personally don't own one as I use a Super Zappicator instead.

After that, if one still has a problem with bleeding gums or wants to reverse the damage caused would recommend chelation and remove the pathogens starting with the largest ones ---> parasites, and working the way to the smallest one ---> virus. This also includes mold as well as it will hurt the immune system greatly. My past posts has info on how to help here.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 am

jdp - why shouldnt you floss?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:02 am

JDP, so you are of the opinion that many different parasites, including lyme disease, trigger the effects of hair loss and gum recession and gingivitis? Is this why people usually have both hair recession and gum recession together? And is this why so many people with hair loss notice their hair loss stops or atleast their hair looks better when they either (A) eat a very low fat diet, or (B) eat a warrior diet kind of deal where they let themself go hungry for a few hours. I'm guessing the reason why is because the very-low-fat diets avoid more biofilm production, and fasting prevents the parasites from eating more food?

If this is what you believe, then I have a theoretical question for you: why is it hair loss and gum loss was not common in tribal people like weston price described? I'm sure these people in natural environments had much more parasites than we do. Parasites are far more common outside the industrial nations. A lot of people eat raw meat around the world and don't have good water to wash themselves. Hell, I can't find a doctor who will even test me for parasites even though my eosinophilia level is 10% while the reference range is 1 to 5%. Every doctor I see tells me that "well if we were in a third world country it would probably be a parasite triggering your immune system, but that's not likely here in the U.S. so it's probably just allergies, don't worry about it."

Furthermore, if parasites are the cause, why are all these problems creeping up now all the sudden? I've been browsing Nordquest's sites and he notes that even Crohn's and Ulceritive colitis diseases are caused by these bacteria. Why are people all the sudden coming down with these diseases at young ages? TWO people at the lumber mill I work with have ulceritiv colitis, and they are in their young 20's. One of them has same symptoms as me, receding comes, thinning hair, wakes up to urinate a few times a night, almost never gets sick.

It's hard to find solutions on his page, other than using salt and baking soda as a toothpaste. Do you think this is really enough to solve the problems throughout the body? The cracking joints? The hair loss? The bowel inflammation (crohn's and ulceritive colitis). etc.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:08 am

tooyoung,

I meant your teeth shouldn't bleed if you're flossing. If they bleed this needs to be stopped and should be a very high priority.

Espio,

Very low fat diet would help greatly with biofilm. Biofilm is huge in MPB and why one week or one month hair will do good and the next week or month will be bad, IMO... the biofilm and the pathogens detach as part of a normal process of biofilm. The calcification that takes place after is partly due to the body limiting the spread when all else has failed.

Also, mycotoxins get stored in fat. The video I posted the other day is an eye opener how basically most of the food supply is contaminated with mycotoxins from processed foods, grains. Mycotoxins are also stored in the fat from meat (unless grass fed), dairy, etc.. I'm sure there are others that I'm missing regarding low fat diet but have to keep in mind that everyone is unique and takes experimentation to find what works as diet can all get very complicated.

But again, food can give HUGE results in many chronic ailments... which includes hair loss. It can get very complicated and lots of experimentation needed though. I just finished watching a video from a Dr. reverse her MS with food tailored to treat the ailment.

The cold is due to increased immune system. Your body is a little stronger and woke up to something that shouldn't be there. IMO, almost everyone is confused here and believe that a strong immune system means never getting sick/herx/detox reaction. It's the other way around. People really should have these reactions but if you are very healthy, the amount of days one is ill is very low. Also, the more the detox pathways are open = the less ill you'll feel and may come down with a sniffle and that's it.

For example, I had food poisoning and didn't have access to my Rife machine. The food poisoning got me sick for about 4 hours and that was it. Most people would have been sick much much longer than that.

So again, part of the reason why people are more like zombies and don't feel well even though people don't get sick is because of the toxins in the environment, pathogens (including mold) and vaccines and everything else lowering their immune system. For example, the mercury suppresses the immune system a great deal. Mold with EMF/WiFi making the mold grow much faster and toxins are much greater suppresses the immune system greatly as well. Vaccines are giving people the pathogen and dumbing down the immune system by flooding the system where the body says I give up because there is so much of it and also dumbing down the immune system with mercury, aluminum, squalene, etc.. Not just that but the vaccinated can become contagious to the unvaccinated.

Again, this dumbing down of the immune system causes people to never feel well, while at the same time never getting a cold or flu. The worse the immune system is, the more you feel like you got very little sleep.
Regarding why there is an explosion in autoimmune, it goes back to a lowered immune system again due to mold/EMF & WiFi, vaccines, BioWarfare pathogens, toxins, metals, etc..

Gum recession and hair loss, yes, spirochetes are involved here. Also, will notice with people having psychological problems like anxiety, depression, etc.. In hair loss, think of these spirochetes as dumbing down the immune system and hurting the terrain for the other pathogens resposible in hair loss to take hold and for the body to not work as strong. The other pathogens that are responsible for hair loss will then take hold due to the lowered immune system and the body does not work as well to build the system as it should... it taxes the mitochondria and other issues where they are unable to repair the normal damage that would take place. Part of the reason why PEMF, LLLT and other devices work for chronic ailments. Good PEMF info = http://www.earthpulse.net/

If this is what you believe, then I have a theoretical question for you: why is it hair loss and gum loss was not common in tribal people like weston price described? I'm sure these people in natural environments had much more parasites than we do.

Regarding earlier times, in general, I personally believe earlier times had less parasites and pathogens due to stronger immune system, better terrain, environment, diet, etc.. You see, take an AIDS patient or a lyme patient or any other patient with a lowered immune system. What's going on is that they are acquiring one pathogen after another pathogen after another. The whole modern world is infested with them. Which pathogens dominate determine which symptoms dominate.

Earlier times parasites and pathogens would be more localized and where the population was exposed to a tiny fraction of these pathogens... let alone not exposed to BioWarfare pathogens. The variety of pathogens now complicates matters and is likened to peeling an onion. You remove the outer portion of the onion to expose another pathogen that was below it. Remove that portion and will expose another pathogen below that one. Each one being less dominant than the other and reducing symptoms and getting better.

Again though, the strong immune system is what keeps all this in check. You destroy the terrain and will come down with all these issues. If one has already become ill building the terrain through chelation, detox, diet, etc. is very good and will lower the population of the pathogens but when looking for even better results would want to tackle these pathogens as well. Likewise, killling these pathogens will only take one so far and need to fix the terrain otherwise if only doing one or the other, will always need to be on the alert and lapses in either will cause reversal of results IMO. But if focusing on the pathogen and terrain, then benefits stick around much much better.

Anyhow, part of the reason why these third world countries don't come down with as many autoimmune ailments has to do with the lowered immune system that the parasites create. For instance, you can give someone a pinworm infestation and it will stop their Crohn's disease. This is due to the lowered immune system they create. You lower the immune system and the body no longer attacks the pathogen with the body being caught in the cross fire.

Also, have to keep in mind that it's not that they hardly existed in the past and now they do. It's that the symptom picture is different with different ones dominating now.

Take for instance, syphillis. Syphillis is a spirochete and responsible for dementia. Now, lyme/borrelia is the more dominant spirochete as it's much more evolved than syphillis and is crowding it out so to speak. The dominant pathogen is at the hiearchy of this with the less dominant ones below it. Like a pyramid. The dominant pathogen will create the symptoms list. Those with a messed up enough terrain and immune system and with the lyme/borellia spirochete dominating over another will come down more with ALS, Alzheimer's, MS, Parkinson's with Autism being a form as well as other serious ones or the lesser ones of chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia and others.

In the modern world we are doing this in our own way with D3 supplementation. The D3 supplement has very little to do with the sun. It's one hormone among dozens the sun creates. But in case of D3 supplement it lowers the immune system so that all these autoimmune ailments and inflammatory ailments are helped greatly. It's just like vaccinating in that if you stop the bodies natural inflammatory response. It will help the body greatly but of course at the expense of what a lowered immune system does to you... non specific ailments.

In short, it's the immune response and toxins that makes one feel ill. It's not the pathogen in general that makes one feel ill but the toxins from them. If one has a strong immune system but not strong enough and in a stalemate with a pathogen then you get the symptoms and ailments that go with constant inflammation. You stop this inflammation and the symptoms and ailments diminish or are eliminated. However, it's also the toxins that makes one feel ill as well. Stop the immune system from working and all these toxins from the pathogens and other areas will create another set of symptoms and ailments that makes one come down with these non specific ailments... never feeling well but never getting a cold or the flu, etc..

Regarding doctors and parasites, in general, you won't find one practicing. You can't blame them though as they aren't trained in this and their job can be in jeopardy if they do. Can always get the pharmaceutical pills yourself though and see if you herx or feel better. I posted which are the best ones and dosage in a fairly recent prior post. The Rx pills are probably a better option than herbs. You have to be extremely careful here and as a disclaimer should be taken under the supervision of a doctor... if you can find one, lol. The reason why is the herx reactions can really mess you up. But you wouldn't be herxing if you don't have the pathogen it's killing.

I think I answered all of your questions.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:28 am

Espio wrote:It's hard to find solutions on his page, other than using salt and baking soda as a toothpaste. Do you think this is really enough to solve the problems throughout the body? The cracking joints? The hair loss? The bowel inflammation (crohn's and ulceritive colitis). etc.

Forgot to answer this question but salt and baking soda would be more as preventing and if one has a very minor issue with gingivitis. Nordquist goes into using salt or baking soda mixed with Xylitol actually... toothpaste does not work here. Those with a worse problem or if gingivitis (bleeding gums) has not stopped then would use a very diluted bleach solution in a water pick. For those with worse problems would need the CO2 laser he shows in his youtube video and antibiotics. I personally would go the way of chelation and diet to reduce the population over antibiotics first and if still having a problem then herbs or even better Rife as a natural antibiotic.

In his book he talks about a natural root that muslims use for health and I believe he mentioned works on these spirochetes. Sounds just like the miswak stick that muslims use instead of a toothbrush and is a natural antibiotic as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-Toothbrush-Miswak-x-10-Arak-Siwak-Peelu-NEW-/110639855630?pt=UK_HealthBeauty_DentalCare_RL&hash=item19c2a6380e

After gingivitis is stopped with the above then I personally would recommend if need a reversal of a chronic ailment to follow what I've posted in the past... which is really just a summary of all these great doctors and researchers such as Dr. Lloyd, Dr. Sutherland, Dr. Klinghardt, newport and others. Or can read floridadetox.com and click on wellness programs and/or blog for good easy to read info here.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed post. And by biowarfare pathogens I assume you are speaking of viruses that were definitely man-made in a laboratory like AIDS? Or are you also speaking about the stuff they are spraying us with every day by planes (chemtrails)?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:19 am

I was meaning the pathogens created from BioWarfare labs in the world. But yes, it's possible to vaccinate a population from the air and a Japanese scientist in 1920's or so described how easy it is to culture and spread spirochetes throughout an entire continent with very little money and resources... food supply, water supply, etc..

BioWarfare disabling pathogens are very common to have. Common and well known ones such as common mycoplasma fermentans, HHV-6 and lyme/borellia burgdorferi.

Here are some quotes from the internet. By the way, forgot to mention in the past that frequent urination is a symptom of mold toxins as well. Mold and lyme go together in that 24% or so of population have a hard time removing the toxins.

"Present in about 98% of the population, HHV-6 remains dormant and harmless in healthy people. But, when activated (possibly by the Mycoplasma infection), it can cause a highly dysregulated immune system often resulting in severe immune suppression."

"Most infected people are symptomatic, but the severity and type of the symptoms varies greatly. The microbes often invade tissues that had been injured:"

"The severity of symptoms correlates most closely with the overall summation or body burden of coexisting conditions and with the genetically determined ability to excrete neurotoxins."

"The group suffering most are newborn babies and young children..."

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:50 am

Bit o/t.

jdp you said before "
People are not Vitamin D deficient in the winter as people are led to believe. It's more complicated than that."

If it's not too lengthy could you explain what else there is please?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Lambaugh Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:16 am

tooyoung wrote:Bit o/t.

jdp you said before "
People are not Vitamin D deficient in the winter as people are led to believe. It's more complicated than that."

If it's not too lengthy could you explain what else there is please?

Seriously, am I the only one that can't stop smiling when I see that cat?!

Lambaugh

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:18 pm

tooyoung,

You have to keep in mind 25 D and 1,25 OH D are grouped as the same category as Vitamin D and most don't differentiate between the two when talking about Vitamin D levels.

You see, 1,25 OH D is the active metabolite. However, testing for 1,25 OH D is expensive and hard to do. Therefore, 25 D is used to test as a work around so to speak.

Test for 25 D levels will be to low for many people and with chronic ailments. However, test for 1,25 OH D and they find that for many with chronic ailments 1,25 OH D is to high.

In other words, the uncoverted D is to low but the active metabolite for Vitamin D 1,25 OH D is to high.

This is an effect of what's going on in the body due to cell wall deficient bacteria such as spirochetes that are connected with gingivitis and other pathogens. Taking more 25 D (D3 supplement) when 1,25 OH D is already high is not the answer and IMO after enough time will come down with non specific health issues and other issues that are connected with having a low immune system. For most, this is irreversible as it's hard to come back from immune suppression. It's as bad as getting a vaccine IMO. People like Trevor Marshall, Dr. Lloyd, Dr. Nordquist and others are correct here. Dr. Nordquist's book The Silent Saboteur has a chapter and part of the book devoted to this. In fact, one can do their own experiment if they have a darkfield microscope. Take a sample of the spirochetes in the mouth noticing the numbers and size and activity. Then give them D3 supplement and wait months or year or whatever and then take a sample of the spirochetes again.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:52 pm

rdkml wrote: Taking more 25 D (D3 supplement) when 1,25 OH D is already high is not the answer

So how should we know whether or not we should be supplementing with D3?

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:27 pm

No reason to take D3 supplement unless your goal is immune suppression. Sun exposure is fine for most all and balances this and dozens of other Vit D hormones as well. There are many studies, experiences, etc. that I've posted in the past but here are two. Keep in mind my thoughts on this subject is not mainstream

1994 Feb;42(2):163-72.

[Vitamin D and the immune system]
[Article in French]

Thomasset M.

Inserm U 120, Alliée CNRS, Hôpital Robert Debré, Paris, France.

Abstract
There is now increasing evidence that the hormonal form of vitamin D, 1,25(OH)2D3, is involved in the regulation of the immune system. Local production of the hormone in various infectious diseases can benefit the immune environment. 1,25(OH)2D3 exerts most of its actions only after it has bound to its specific nuclear receptor. These receptors are present in monocytes and activated lymphocytes. The hormone inhibits lymphocyte proliferation and immunoglobulin production in a dose-dependent fashion. It also blocks the accumulation of the mRNAs for IL-2, IFN-gamma and GM-CSF. It interferes with T helper cell (Th) function, reducing Th-induction of immunoglobulin production by B-cells and inhibits the passive transfer of cellular immunity by Th in vivo. The steroid hormone promotes suppressor cell activity and inhibits the generation of cytotoxic and NK cells. The expression of Class II antigen by lymphocytes and monocytes is also affected. In vivo, 1,25(OH)2D3 is particularly effective in preventing auto-immune diseases such as experimental auto-immune encephalomyelitis, murine lupus, and diabetes in NOD mice. Synthetic analogues of vitamin D3 that bind to receptors but have no hypercalcemic effect in vivo have recently been developed for therapeutic use.

1995 Jun;53(1-6):599-602.

Immunomodulatory actions of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3.
Lemire JM.

Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093-0609, USA.

Abstract
The sterol, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 (1,25(OH)2D3), has immunosuppressive activity. The hormone inhibits the production of lymphokines (IL-2, IFN-gamma) and monocyte-derived cytokine (IL-12) leading to inhibition of helper T cell subset type 1 (Th1). When given in vivo, the hormone prevents the development of spontaneous and induced models of autoimmunity. Analogs of 1,25(OH)2D3, with reduced hypercalcemic effects, display an enhanced activity in autoimmunity compared to the sterol and prolong graft survival in experimental transplantation. This paper reviews our understanding of the cellular actions of the hormone and the therapeutic application of 1,25(OH)2D3 and analogs in autoimmunity and transplantation.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:32 am

rdkml wrote:tooyoung,

You have to keep in mind 25 D and 1,25 OH D are grouped as the same category as Vitamin D and most don't differentiate between the two when talking about Vitamin D levels.

You see, 1,25 OH D is the active metabolite. However, testing for 1,25 OH D is expensive and hard to do. Therefore, 25 D is used to test as a work around so to speak.

Test for 25 D levels will be to low for many people and with chronic ailments. However, test for 1,25 OH D and they find that for many with chronic ailments 1,25 OH D is to high.

In other words, the uncoverted D is to low but the active metabolite for Vitamin D 1,25 OH D is to high.

This is an effect of what's going on in the body due to cell wall deficient bacteria such as spirochetes that are connected with gingivitis and other pathogens. Taking more 25 D (D3 supplement) when 1,25 OH D is already high is not the answer and IMO after enough time will come down with non specific health issues and other issues that are connected with having a low immune system. For most, this is irreversible as it's hard to come back from immune suppression. It's as bad as getting a vaccine IMO. People like Trevor Marshall, Dr. Lloyd, Dr. Nordquist and others are correct here. Dr. Nordquist's book The Silent Saboteur has a chapter and part of the book devoted to this. In fact, one can do their own experiment if they have a darkfield microscope. Take a sample of the spirochetes in the mouth noticing the numbers and size and activity. Then give them D3 supplement and wait months or year or whatever and then take a sample of the spirochetes again.

Thanks for this explanation, jdp.

Elevated parathyroid hormone stimulates the conversion of 25 D to 1, 25 OH D in the kidneys. PTH levels increase when extracellular calcium concentrations fall below a certain threshold, and 1, 25 OH D helps increase systemic concentrations of calcium by increasing intestinal absorption. I imagine that if calcium concentrations are still too low, then PTH levels would remain elevated and thus there would still be high levels of activated vitamin D.

The condition you're talking about could be caused by inadequate dietary calcium?

'Anti-inflammatory' is a popular buzz word, but at a technical level it just means immune suppression. What do you think about other immune-suppressants like curcumin/resveratrol?

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:35 am

"The condition you're talking about could be caused by inadequate dietary calcium?"

I'm rusty on this as it's been a very long-time since I researched in depth but "if I remember correctly," having too high of 1,25 OH D is not caused by inadequate calcium but having too high of 1,25 OH D will cause calcium issues, messes with the parasthyroid and other issues.

Having too high of 1,25 OH D comes from the cell wall deficient bacteria. As an adaptation from them too help in their survival as too high of 1,25 OH D suppresses the immune system. Supplying more 25 D (D3 supplement) only exaccerbates this problem, causes calcification problems and other issues.

Sun exposure helps to balance this and actually is good for the immune system and other benefits. Increasing the immune system makes one herx. Sun exposure can make one herx. Lowering the immune system reduces ones herx and prevents future herxing. D3 supplement does not make one herx.

Here is one quote from the internet and have mentioned in the past D3 supplement actually causes calcification problems and need D3 co-factors. "I, for one, have a problem taking vitamin D as it causes my OI to get very bad, even with a week of the lowest dose. I have severe osteoporosis, and my D level can be around 26 but adding D only makes me sicker and then I can't do my short walk. So I've given up on taking it. Oerganix I am glad you posted about the new study on D as my osteoporosis doctor is very involved nationally on what D levels are safe and he know longer recommends that anyone go over 30 as a safe level for vitamin D (blood test)."

Not to mention most calcium out there is actually nanobacteria and only increases calcification problems. Best to get it from food. I zap my 24 hour SCD yogurt before making personally.

Regarding anti inflammatory supplements, there are actually a great many that help that don't cause problems like D3. Enzymes like bromelain on an empty stomach would be a good one. Ecklonia Cava being another but is a little expensive. Really, the only one I'm concerned regarding the immune system issue is D3 supplement and maybe super high dose curcumin. I would recommend turmeric with black pepper in food and what I do instead of curcumin. I would also not buy magnesium stearate and titanium dioxide in a supplement either.

Last edited by rdkml on Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:48 am; edited 3 times in total

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:37 am

So one should get all his/her vit D from sunlight, which is 20 minutes for a white person, and not from supplements? We've been giving our baby vit D drops, we'll have to just start walking her around outside more.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:03 am

Nature's perfect food as it's been called (breast milk) does not contain Vitamin D for a reason.

Yes, very minimal, moderate amounts of sun exposure where you don't start to tan is all that's needed. No sunscreen as most sunscreen actually bad and can cause cancer and other problems

There are many great benefits to sun exposure that doesn't have anything to do with Vitamin D. Infrared light from the sun will also help prevent one from becoming metal toxic as one example.

I had a niece several years ago who had very bad learning problems and when she'd get a cut would take longer to heal. She was almost never taken outside in the day. The first time she was taken outside and started to run around with a playmate was the beginning of the end for the severe learning problem. She is now a normal healthy girl now. Course running around would also help greatly but the sun exposure also helped greatly.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:34 am

The main reason breast milk doesn't have contain vitamin D is that there was no need for it as the sun take care of that job. And as rdkmi elucidated, the sun does a lot more then just facilitate vitamin D. I do believe though that a light/moderate tan is healthy.

If there is no sun? then high density vitamin D food would be answer. Food will contain all the balancing co-factors required, something D3 supps cannot do.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:05 pm

I hope no one takes the advice on vitamin d given in this thread. Thats all I will say.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:49 pm

abc123 wrote:I hope no one takes the advice on vitamin d given in this thread. Thats all I will say.

I know there has been threads on this before, but I still hope CS will chime in here?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next