Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?

3 posters

Go down

Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  Empty Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?

Post  marso Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:19 am

Out of my mind-I have spend thousands on doctors and supplements. I am 48 menopause without a period one year this Nov. Feb 2011 and June 2011 went in for Lithotripsoy for 15 kidney stones. Out about 2 hours each one. Hair loss since then has gotten worse with spotty hair loss and severe left side and middle that I am about to buy a wig. I had several operations in my 20s for ovarian cysts but cannot remember if they said it was PCOS. I had no problem getting pregnant even though my first was at 35. I have noticed thinning hair since my twenties-with major sheds when I hit 40 and 43 where I lost half of my hair. Thyroid meds started at 43 -armour. the tests below for blood were on 1 grain naturethroid and 10mg cytomel. The saliva tests were on 1 grain naturethroid. I was upped by one doctor and my gp lowered me to present thyroid meds at 1 grain naturethroid and 5mg cytomel. I was given Spiro three weeks ago 25mg and have decided to stop because I gained weight and I am trying really hard not to. (about 15 pounds over since last three years) I tried bio identicals for two or three weeks but just felt bloated. Since other than weight gain and accelerated hair loss this past year-would rather not go down that road unless someone here thinks it would help.
Whatever input anyone would have would be greatly appreciated. I'm broke-fat-balding and depressed. Thanks in advance.
Tests LEvel Range
(blood)Nomal CBCs
T4 6.4 4-5-12
T3Uptake 24.5% 25-40
Estradiol Serum 12pg/ml <10-46 pg ml
FSH 221.4 25.0-160
LH 40.9 14.4-62.2
Testosterone 18 8.4-48.1
SALIVA

Cortisol Level Given Range
Morning 4.2 8.0-15
Midday 1.9 3.0-7.0
Eve 1.4 2.0-4.0
Night 0.8 <1.5
DHEA 91.7 33.0-406.1
Estradiol 4.0 0.5-4.4
Estrone 0.8 0.5-3.0
Progesterone 73.6 6.0-56.4
Testesterone 45.7 <7.0-50.4

marso

Back to top Go down

Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  Empty Re: Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?

Post  teacup Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Sorry to hear that. I know it sucks (I'm a male but know females with hair loss).

I cant interpret these numbers, sorry, hopefully someone else here can.

I found most MDs and DOs to be useless when it comes to women hair loss (and totally blind when it comes to male hair loss) ..
consider seeing an ND but call and interview her/him first. Any MD you see must agree to give you natural dessicated thyroid not synthroid.

On the thyroid front, you got to educate yourself as much as you can, it's easy, just read every page on this website and you will know (most likely) more than your doctor regarding hypo and hyper thyroid: great resources http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com and http://forums.realthyroidhelp.com
also consider getting a Dr David Brownstein book or google him to see some videos or presentations online.

This website Immortal Hair is full of info, use google to search this website (in the search box type this: Site:immortalhair.forumotion.com/ keyword ) for the keywords use words like women or female to find relevant past discussions on female hair loss.

Otherwise, from what I know it could be PCOS, prediabetes/diabetes, calcificiation, candidia or another pathogen, gluten intolerance, autoimmune, lack of absorption ..

consider B12 shots, biotin, heavy metal testing. make sure to eat enough "good" protein. Avoid goiterogenic veggies.

consider taking the IH top 6 or 7, make sure to take probiotics, reduce sugar intake, go gluten free even if you feel ok eating gluten. Pick up yoga and meditation. Also please quit coffee and pop drinks .. especially pop drinks. Get enough sleep. get an sls-free shampoo. Avoid Fluoride. If you take medications hair loss might bee a side effect. If you take calcium for osteoporosis I think that causes hair loss.

View these as enhancements to your life not sacrifices.
Good luck!
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?  Empty Re: Can someone help a menopausal thyroid hair loss challenged woman?

Post  pancacke Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Thyroid problems are caused by 2 things
1. metal toxicity(mercury)
2. halogen imballance

The solution to the first problem is mercury chelation per cutler protocol, the only proven way of chelating metals at home.
http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol

Halogen imballance is a shortage of iodine and simultaniously over abundance of bromine and fluorine. Best way to counteract this is +50mg doses iodine plus cofactors(at least Selenomethionine) and regular salt pushing with this mix: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1375812
Also adding some boron to bind up the fluoride is never a bad idea, this one is good:
http://www.iherb.com/Twinlab-Tri-Boron-3-mg-100-Capsules/2446?at=0

Feel free to conatct me via PM if you need help/more details

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:48 pm

With iodine, go easy on that, start with one drop and go higher, you will experience detox symptoms so educate yourself on iodine dosage and detox.. if you go easy you will manage (this is a long term thing) if you jump in with a high dosage you might not like the reaction and stop taking iodine all together. Along with iodine take vitamin C and selenium and research salt loading for when you need it.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down