Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Infected hair follicles/skin infection? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Infected hair follicles/skin infection?

4 posters

Go down

Infected hair follicles/skin infection? Empty Infected hair follicles/skin infection?

Post  Kiko Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:24 pm

For the past few weeks my scalp has hurt when it moves or when I touch it, brush it, etc. This has happened in the past but I thought it was just from taming my hair a certain way or having it in a pony tail for too long. It would usually go away quickly and I would forget about it, but it's been like this for awhile now and it's gotten worse. It also gets greasier near the roots very quickly lately. I wash my hair every other day and I use Tresemme for color treated hair. I did some research and learned that it might be because the follicles are infected or inflamed. Automatically I thought of another health issue I've had recently that I've had some trouble finding what it really is; Last winter I suddenly broke out in a sort of a rash on my upper back of swollen and pussy open sores, there were probably about ten of them at the least and the largest being a little smaller than a dime. It was pretty bad. Also, I got a cold sore type thing on the corner of my mouth at the same time which I'm pretty sure is directly related to the spots. This was when I just moved into a friends house, I only lived there for two months, since then they have flared up every few months but they've been getting less severe with time. I went to my doctor about it but all she could tell me was that it's some skin infection and I need to see a dermatologist, she did prescribe some anti-biotics which got rid of them immediately, I got them a few times but I know my system will eventually become immune to them and I need to find out what's really going on and get rid of it, as best I can. I haven't seen a dermatologist yet because of money issues and frankly it's embarrassing, but I am starting to get very worried about my health. Could the possibly infected follicles on my scalp be related to the spots on my back? Since the spots have started I also noticed some follicles on my legs and arms have gotten red and inflamed; infected, but I looked at my scalp and it doesn't look red at all, it looks normal except that it hurts a lot.

Sorry for the wall of text! I felt it necessary to include all the details. I've done a lot of research about the spots on my back but still haven't found very many answers and it's worried me quite a bit, thinking it could be a bad condition/disease that could take a long time, if ever, to get rid of. But maybe it's just a fungal skin infection/hair follicle infection? scratch

Has anyone had this same issue? I've been looking into natural anti-oxidants and I've been eating more berries and nuts, but I've also read that garlic is a very good natural anti-oxidant and I'm going to get a garlic supplement. Is this a good idea, does anyone have other suggestions?

Kiko

Back to top Go down

Infected hair follicles/skin infection? Empty Re: Infected hair follicles/skin infection?

Post  pancacke Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Only read the first part but that sounds like gout(uric acid), theses two products should wipe it out(if it's gout)
http://www.iherb.com/Twinlab-Tri-Boron-3-mg-100-Capsules/2446?at=0
http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Bromelain-500-mg-120-Vcaps/16546?at=0

Ascorbic acid helps as well.....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Infected hair follicles/skin infection? Empty Re: Infected hair follicles/skin infection?

Post  lambyjay Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:17 am

This is my problem too.

celery seed extract is also good apparently but i think its easier and cheaper to buy celery seeds in a big bag from your local health store and just add them to green/nettle tea.

ACV is also decent.

Thanks for the info pancake.
After googling bromelain-uric acid, ineterestantly I see it mentioned as quite useful for UTIs.

I picked up the most woeful UTI on my travels during the summer and hair/stomach have been awful since. I still get the odd twinge when I eat high purine/sugary(even fruit) foods.

Im in quite the pickle over diet, a diet of fruit/meat/dairy seems to be great for my stomach but nosedive my hair into mentioned pain (show high Uric Acid levels)

Yet starchy diet is equally bad for both. it seems i cant eat anything anymore....

Ill try the bromelain/boron and hit the celery seed/celery juice hard for the next few weeks and see if that helps.

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:21 am

Although this is a pretty comprehensive study showing that dairy actaully decreases gout.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa035700

Explains why no problems with raw milk - tis mighty stuff.

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:12 am

lambyjay wrote:

Ill try the bromelain/boron and hit the celery seed/celery juice hard for the next few weeks and see if that helps.

You can take up to 18mg boron per day(devided with 3 meals).....but 9mg(one with each meal) should be enough. Also taking sodium ascorbate before bed can prevent a build up of uric acid.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  thissucks Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:08 pm

I have the same problem as you guys, both with the inflamed scalp and the inability to eat anything without further irritating my scalp. I often get "the "twinge" or "the itch" right after eating something. It is dreadful.

Basically, it's been like this for years and I've never been able to get rid of it. Even more odd, it's only half of my scalp. The right half is sore, red and inflamed, while the left half is fine. Unsurprisingly, there is more pronounced hair loss on the right half.

Additionally, my stomach problems have gotten worse and worse and I can't seem to eat anything anymore. I was on the master cleanse for a while, and the stomach problems went away, but they're back now. I'm gonna go back on it except with some hemp protein powder so I don't starve and see how things go.

Never heard about this uric acid theory, which sounds interesting.

Please keep me updated guys, we gotta find a way to beat this!

thissucks

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Few interesting points.

Iron seems to be a big problem for a number of people here.
Iron activates the enzyme Xanthane Oxidase (XO) that converts purines to uric acid. (Perhaps reason why spirulina did not suit me at all)

Vitamin C seems to be a double edged sword.
It reduces serum uric acid:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18464304

But it also activates XO apparently - so avoid Vit C if taking in purines. Plus it also increases absorption of iron I believe.

Copper seems to be the business as it is a potent XO inhibitor. I might get some of that tomorrow.
I wonder if high uric acid levels are the problem for me currently that there should be little fear of the copper oxidizing given that uric acid is a potent anti oxidant.
It has been found those with an impaired glucose intolerance also have high levels of uric acid.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18464304

Quercetin also seems to be an XO inhibitor.

I have also have a very bad taste in my mouth in the morning when uric acid levels are high.
Also have had increased loss after aerobic exercise (usually the opposite) which of course increase uric acid as well as others to deal with oxidative stress.

Today i tried a diet of mainly white rice and dairy products (no fruit/meat)and i didnt itch all day. interesting.

i shall get some copper/bromelain/celerly seed tomorrow and continue to investigate this further.
it is at most a piece in the puzzle of course.

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down