Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat

+3
CausticSymmetry
AboDi
teacup
7 posters

Go down

Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat Empty Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat

Post  teacup Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 am

A friend told me that I should be consuming fish oil, not krill oil, as that krill is an important source of food for fish. If we start eating krill we will further deplete fish populations. Should we let the krill be for the fish?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat Empty Re: Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat

Post  AboDi Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 am

from what I know krill is the main food for whales and that its the most abundant species on earth .

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat Empty Re: Leave the Krill for the Fish to eat

Post  teacup Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:46 am

I am sure as krill oil become more popular, as usual, we will over-fish it. I wonder if there are any agencies overseeing the harvesting of krill.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:46 am

AboDi wrote:from what I know krill is the main food for whales and that its the most abundant species on earth .

I second AboDi,

Here's more info.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/02/28/Scare-Tactics-Against-Krill-Oil-Proven-Inaccurate.aspx

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:00 am

Thanks,
I think it's the nature of people/businesses to deplete natural resources for profit. I will keep watching this topic, and hope that we dont over fish krill.

I was reading some of the comments from the link above, here's one argument from DougB:
From a Paleolithic diet point of view, all man made refined oils should be avoided. Particularly, the organic solvent processes used to make all refined oils, except "cold pressed oils" leave behind toxic bio-accumulating organic solvents, be it acetone, methylchloride, hexane or others. I can not recommend consuming any oil that is processed with an organic solvent, these include the refined DHA oils being produced from plankton and being sold in capsules and baby formula. In addition consuming any rancid oils should be avoided, as once oil is extracted from its living organism, it immediately starts becoming rancid. Simply consume all fresh food, not canned bottled or processed in any other way.

The fact of the matter is your not eating the krill; you’re eating the oil extracted from krill. This oil was most likely extracted using an organic solvent, of which there are residues left. Further these residues are toxic to life systems most notably liver and nervous system. My previous comments should have said including both krill extracts and plankton extracts, both unnatural human sources of DHA. Think about that

I agree, one should consume only cold-pressed oils.

Last edited by teacup on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:41 am

teacup wrote:A friend told me that I should be consuming fish oil, not krill oil, as that krill is an important source of food for fish. If we start eating krill we will further deplete fish populations. Should we let the krill be for the fish?

Don't take fish oil, you deplete fish population.

Laughing

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:56 am

When I was learning about Krill Oil in interest of carrying it as an Ortho Nutrition product, I was able to speak at-length with the top Krill manufacturers. They are VERY eco-friendly, and sustainably harvest the Krill Oil. Additionally, the governments have a lot of regulations in place that must be followed if you wish to harvest Krill, as it's well-known how important this bio-mass is for the ecosystem of this entire planet.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  OverMachoGrande Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:27 pm

nidhogge wrote:Additionally, the governments have a lot of regulations in place that must be followed if you wish to harvest Krill...

Oh, well, PHEW. The GOVERNMENTS are involved, so everything MUST be ok! We're all saved!

lol! Just playing around with you!

-O.M.G.
OverMachoGrande
OverMachoGrande

http://www.overmachogrande.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Lol, fair enough, OMG! Razz

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Michealleo Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:34 pm

I guess that fish oil capsules are best for skin and for controlling some kinda inflammation in our colon . And 1200MG is preety enough for an individual . i know nothing about krill .

Michealleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down