Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I'm Not Accounting for Something.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I'm Not Accounting for Something..

+12
europe
Joejoebaggins
Misirlou
Espio
Icanbeatthis
orwell
CausticSymmetry
The Natural
Petch
halfempty
Malik
zeus
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm Not Accounting for Something.. Empty I'm Not Accounting for Something..

Post  zeus Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Hey guys, checking in again, here's my current regimen--

AM w/ Meal--
40mg 7HMR Lignan,
E.Cava 400mg,
2500IU Vitamin D3,
1000mg Krill Oil,
5000mcg Biotin,
ALC/ALA Caps x2,
125mg Sensoril (added this week)
1.5g Maca

PM w/ Meal--
E.Cava 400mg,
2500IU Vitamin D3,
1000mg Krill Oil,
ALC/ALA Caps x2,
125mg Sensoril (added this week)
1.5g Maca

PM before Bed--
ZMA Caps x3

Topically--
Scrub with Dr Bronner Pure Castile Tree Tree Oil Soap (AM & PM)
Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Gel (PM Only)

--

I've been on the Anabolic Diet strictly, I don't drink or smoke, healthy as an ox. I've been on Top 4 for almost 5 months, phased in ALA/ALC about 4 months ago, also switched from Ainternol PM to 7-HMR about 2 months ago. Was on IH Topical for a bit but my hair

Unfortunately I have nothing but continued loss to report and things are just getting worse. The hairs falling out are thinner and thinner, more of them daily. Hairline creeping back and I'm thinning behind where I'm receding (NW2-3 right now). The hair I do have looks and feels like hay. I feel like my biggest problem is that even within an hour or so of scrubbing my scalp, it feels like my head is covered in plague/grit that I can rub around and scratch at. It's not like dandruff or big skin flakes though

I'm in the process of building a laser device. Any suggestions on what else to try in a last ditch effort? Some things on my radar are Biosil, SBO Topical, Curcumin+Resveratrol, GFSE, Magnesium Topical (since I'm already on ZMA); is there anything else out there?

Even the smallest insight is much appreciated, thanks guys!

zeus

Back to top Go down

I'm Not Accounting for Something.. Empty Re: I'm Not Accounting for Something..

Post  zeus Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Meant to say, I was on the IH Topical for about 3 months but experienced irritation and more fall out with it.

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Malik Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:19 am

Hi Zeus,

I just want to tell you that Magnesium, BioDim (1 pill twice a day) and Whey protein (20 g twice a day) have made a big difference in the quality of my hair. I'm also taking Glutamine, optimized Resveratrol, Super Bio curcumin, Maca and of course a few stuff recommended by IH (EC, Green tea, multi, CLO, ALC). I personaly recommand IH's topical if you have an oily scalp. It works great on me. Good luck!

Malik

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:35 am

No Multi-Vitamin/Mineral?

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:01 am

Sounds like your battling inflammation, hard to get any regimen to work while your scalp is in bad health, Nizoral worked for me, maybe you want to try your tea tree oil on your scalp also, as this is a good anti inflammatory.
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:38 am

Hey thanks guys!

Petch: I was hoping the Aloe Vera would be a help for inflammation. My scalp is pink from time to time but I never really develop any scabs/pimples, etc.. I'll give the tea tree oil a shot.

halfempty: Any recommendation?

Mailk: Wow you're taking the whole kitchen sink Smile I'll look into some of those to add.

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:38 am

Subtract.

In other words, refine your regimen. Find out what supplements work together synergistically, and leave out the rest.

Curcumin and resveratrol are excellent for scalp inflammation, by the way.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 pm

zeus - Here are a few things to rule out:

Try the Candida spit test. If positive, this could really throw a wrench into anything working.

Check your iodine levels.

Check for allergies to any foods (i.e, inflammation with in 24-hours of eating specific foods).
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  orwell Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:06 pm

"Whey protein"

I'd second that. After studying IH's regime, the best action I have taken has been to drop the breakfast cereal poison and drink a soy protein shake every morning. Maca comes in a close second.......

btw- This is all working for me:

1. More protein - soy or whey protein shakes
2. less cheese, less bread, no trans-fats - more organics, caveman diet, more chicken, loads of eggs, lean read meat - kangaroo if you can find it
3. maca, spirulina greens - 10-15 tablets a day, green tea caps, Heshoway, mega B, cod liver oil, st john wort (stress buster)
4. emu oil - externally and internally
5. Nioxin system 2 cleanser/shampoo, plus hair assist spray afterwards
6. coal tar shampoo twice a week
7. dropping the Minoxidil poison slowly - down to half a 1ml (maybe less because it's diluted with hemp oil/betacarotene mix) every second or third day now
8. less beer, more wine, more rum or spirits, agwa drunken
9. running again

orwell

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:20 pm

It's too early to tell right now but I've been eating Natto 100g a day for 2 weeks and already my hair feels twice as nice. I had heard plenty of horror stories on the taste of Natto but I actualy really really enjoy eating it so that's good. I also eat alot of sardines and my diet is really clean, less red meat. My scalp inflammation is dramaticaly reduced and my chronic constipation is no more. I feel MUCH better overall already.

We'll see where this leads but so far it's encouraging, nothing I've tried before as worked like this for me. Smile

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Why do you think Whey is a good choice?

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/82/1/69

Effect of whey on blood glucose and insulin responses to composite breakfast and lunch meals in type 2 diabetic subjects1,2,3
Anders H Frid, Mikael Nilsson, Jens Juul Holst and Inger ME Björck
1 From the Clinic of Endocrinology, University Hospital MAS, Malmö, Sweden (AHF); the Department of Applied Nutrition and Food Chemistry, Lund University, Lund, Sweden (MN and IMEB); and the Department of Medical Physiology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark (JJH)

Background:Whey proteins have insulinotropic effects and reduce the postprandial glycemia in healthy subjects. The mechanism is not known, but insulinogenic amino acids and the incretin hormones seem to be involved.

Objective:The aim was to evaluate whether supplementation of meals with a high glycemic index (GI) with whey proteins may increase insulin secretion and improve blood glucose control in type 2 diabetic subjects.

Design:Fourteen diet-treated subjects with type 2 diabetes were served a high-GI breakfast (white bread) and subsequent high-GI lunch (mashed potatoes with meatballs). The breakfast and lunch meals were supplemented with whey on one day; whey was exchanged for lean ham and lactose on another day. Venous blood samples were drawn before and during 4 h after breakfast and 3 h after lunch for the measurement of blood glucose, serum insulin, glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP), and glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1).

Results:The insulin responses were higher after both breakfast (31%) and lunch (57%) when whey was included in the meal than when whey was not included. After lunch, the blood glucose response was significantly reduced [–21%; 120 min area under the curve (AUC)] after whey ingestion. Postprandial GIP responses were higher after whey ingestion, whereas no differences were found in GLP-1 between the reference and test meals.

Conclusions:It can be concluded that the addition of whey to meals with rapidly digested and absorbed carbohydrates stimulates insulin release and reduces postprandial blood glucose excursion after a lunch meal consisting of mashed potatoes and meatballs in type 2 diabetic subjects.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  zeus Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:48 am

Hey eveyrone-- on the road posting from my phone so I'll keep it brief. Thanks for qlll the suggestions, I'll be researching each and evolving my approach. So much positive energy here really helps me through!

zeus

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:56 am

Zeus, you ALSO should check your ferritin for iron overload. That is what I am struggling with right now and I think that's why the top 6 has not worked for me.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:53 am

Is WHEY really that bad? And if so, what's the better alternative?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:48 am

Misirlou wrote:Is WHEY really that bad? And if so, what's the better alternative?

How about... REAL FOOD?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:17 am

lol i was about to post something like that, but didn't want to sound like a jerk

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:29 am

You could try this whey protein, from cows that are grass fed. See the link, it's from Dr Mercola's site,

http://products.mercola.com/whey-protein-aminogen/?source=nl
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 pm

I second CS on the candida test.
I also appreciate the other's approach...

And i'm gonna be conter-productive with this question : Isn't there in your regim something wrong that exacrebat your hairloss.....i don't know, 7 HMR, imbalances between Omega 3 and 6 ( everybodo qpeaks about the importance of omega 3, because most of the people eat bad, so the ratio is more than 10 the normal. But YOU ( and i,and most of us here) who are healthy eaters ( no processed food, bad hydro oils, refined starches, etc...) MUST TAKE 5 times more omega 6 than Omega 3. For those who eat veggies, fruits, nuts ( walnut is naturally perfetc for omega 3/6 ), lean proteins, fish, oatmeal, Olive oil etc...it's really important to get suffisant GLA ( like borage or eveningprime) instead of simply taking 1g krill because we told you to....because you could be overloaded omega 3. Anf you need omega 6 for PEG1...

It's important to be said.....because when somone read your site , CS, i'm saying to myself : So, this man cannot eat refined starches, pasta and other carbs because of all of this theory...

But you still eat carbs, pasta and pizza, on the week ends and more i'm sure ! ;-)

I just wanted to make the people more responsible, more educated about all kind of regim.
And that is what this forum is usefull.

Thanks again to CS and all you guys for your time, experience and sharings.

And sorry for bringing you no answers....
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 pm

I am fortunate not to be allergic to anything. I'll eat some potatoes, mashed potatoes (in very small amounts), eat lots of pizza (it's a weakness for me). But as long as I avoid refined cereals, pasteurized milk, sugars, I am usually fine.

On eating, it's a personal investigation into inflammation triggers. It could be Wheat or Gluten for some, alcohol for many, nightshade vegetables. Probably the easiest way is to think about what you eat the day after the worst inflammation.

Regarding Omega-3, it's quite hard to over compensate. Although taking lots of Flax oil is one way for a long period of time. Taking lots of Alpha Linoleic Acid can create a Delta-6 desaturase deficiency. This is remedied by taking Borage oil (GLA) and using Zinc, Magnesium and B-Complex.

I love the Krill oil for its simplicity and that it is getting to all the right places.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 am

Science aside - Krill has never given me a foul fishy burp, which I used to get often with the fish oil capsules. So I likey Krill oil. Perhaps it is the small size of Krill capsules, whatever it is - it seems to be not coming back up the track....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:12 am

Lund - concerning krill, i think it's because the krill is digested in the small intestin instead of the fish oils....no fishy burp in theory...

Cs - i understand the ratio omega 3/6 . You right, some people (like allergic) have a deficience in the Delta-6 desaturase enzyme that converts Acide cis-linoleic into acide gamma linoleic (GLA) ( that further converts into Prostaglandins type 1 (PEG1) ( type 2 is bad ).
For that reason, and i second you, we recommand to take directly GLA source like Borage oil Or Evening primerose that have 10 to 15% of GLA.

the question is, the rest ( 70-80% of the capsule, besides the water, gelatin, vit E etc) of the evening primerose that is not pure GLA, is this Acid cis-linoleic ?
Does it mean that a person in good health ( not delta 6 deficiency) and with the appropriate elements like Mg, Zn, C, B6, Biotin can convert that part of oil ( cis-linoleic) into GLA ?

Anyway, i think people like inuit must have a deficience in omega 6 no ? lot's of fish etc...but also moose....so...
I understand what you wrote CS, BUT STILL, for people with A VERY STRIC DIET for a long period ( no pizza, rice, white flour, refined, total avoidance of commercial product etc..., and only good healthy foods like veggies, fruits, fish, olive oil, walnuts) , i think it's really important to supplement in borage or evening primerose to be sure not having only Omega 3 source ( krill, CLO, fish oils etc...

The big deal is having a good balance in omega 3/6. not 1-1( equal) , 1-10 ( too much om6), 5-1 ( too much om3) , but 1-5 ( GOOD RATIO)

But for most people, you're right : GO ON OMEGA 3 ! hail to the inuit people !! ( i should discuss this with barack...)
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Aren't there any GOOD foods that contain Omega-6?

You make it sound like you need to eat crap in order to get it.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:33 pm

Omega-6 is so pervasive it's almost impossible to avoid it. While Omega-6 is an "essential fatty acid" just eating meat will supply plenty. Eating many nuts and especially seeds, vegetables, etc.

GLA is the "good" Omega-6 and provides some benefits that Omega-3 provide. GLA (gamma-linolenic acid) can override arachidonic acid (AA).

More specifically unlike most Omega-6 that is converted into arachidonic acid which sets off inflammation prostaglandins, for the most part GLA is not converted to AA. It's converted into dihomogamma-linolenic acid (DGLA). It's the DGLA that overrides AA. GLA itself helps moisturize the skin, is ant-5-alpha reductase and reduces inflammation by the promotion of anti-inflammatory prostaglandins.

As mentioned before, there is a need for several nutrients to assist in the conversion of conversion of GLA to DGLA rather than AA. The very same thing applies to plant based ALA (Alpha linoleic acid), in its conversion into EPA & DHA. In both cases, Magnesium, Zinc, B6, Niacin and some others (think full multi) to cover all the bases.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:41 am

Europe - to think that we are getting more OM3 than OM6 is probably not right. If I am taking 1 Krill oil pill, it has some mili grams of OM3 in there - compared to the oil we use for cooking (just about everything people eat has some form of oil in there).

We have to go long ways before Om3 intake in our diets (via supplements) would ever be able to take over om6 - no worries there....perhaps if I start having breakfast of only Krill oil capsules and lunch with Sardines only and Dinner with Tuna only..... Laughing

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 am

I heard you ( lund and CS).
lund - to answer to your last thought, sometimes i think like my diet is like you stated...that is perhaps i STILL experience this fucking dry throat sensation when i breathe...

But More over, i've just read that the body can create Omega 6 from omega 3 ....SO....

CS, a reaction to one of your last answer on this post :
I am fortunate not to be allergic to anything. I'll eat some potatoes, mashed potatoes (in very small amounts), eat lots of pizza (it's a weakness for me). But as long as I avoid refined cereals, pasteurized milk, sugars, I am usually fine.

I understand that too much sugar, carbs etc... LEADS to more insulin, that leads to inflammation ( for most people)
I too understand that an allegic person can have an inflammatory reaction with specific foods. that said, this is a particular case ( that does not mean it is uncommun... )

You seem to make a difference between the potatoes, carbs etc.....AND refined cereals, pasteurized miulk, sugar etc.... BUT aren't they in the same box, that is "be careful, high glycemic index, or high glycemic load, that leads to peak of insulin, that leads to inflammation...."

I think i already loosed my question....If you find it, make an answer, otherwise forget it... ;-)
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum