Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why?

+22
IWantOutOfThisMatrixNow
Biffy
bobthebuilder
Balthier
researchingeverything
Hoppipolla
mistyisland
ghai018
Yanks
Rocket83
imprisoned-radical
Zaphod
jeruslan
mphatesmpb
goten574
Decro435
9rugrats5
hadrion
AboDi
magic_gro
AS54
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? Empty Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why?

Post  AS54 Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:50 am

Hi Guys,

Per some of the suggestions I've read on this forum, I've begun using apple cider vinegar as a topical. I simply use a 1:1 dilution of acv to water and apply it with a spray bottle prior to rinsing it off in the shower, typically letting it act for 10-15 minutes.

Since my hair had begun thinning (diffuse) I had always noticed that my scalp was inflamed (pink), itchy, and many sebum deposits, particularly in the morning upon waking. Until I began doing research into MPB I had thought it incidental, but began realizing a correlation, although I am still in the process of understanding the "whys".

Well, I am absolutely amazed at how well acv has completely tackled this issue for me. Applying it every other day has eliminated my scalp inflammation, itching, burning, and when I wake up in the morning, there is no oil/sebum buildup. Overall, the scalp as a whole feels much healthier. As it has only been a week, I can't say what this bodes for hair thickening/regrowth, but I wanted to see what others' experiences have been with this.

Has acv helped anyone else to this extent? I would also like to know why ACV is having this effect.
1) How and on what is the ACV acting to achieve this effect?
2) Because ACV is helping, what can this tell me about whats going on in my scalp?

Thanks to anyone who can provide information. Its much appreciated!
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? Empty Re: Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why?

Post  magic_gro Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 pm

i am applying it straight (100%). Cool
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why? Empty Re: Apple Cider Vinegar Stopped Inflammation, Why?

Post  AboDi Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:35 pm

magic_gro wrote:i am applying it straight (100%). Cool

what do you do about the smell ? when I use it the smell last for days and it becomes stronger every time my hair gets moisture .

AboDi

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:08 am

magic_gro: I was going to do that but thought I'd go easy to start. Do you notice any problems with over drying at 100% or its it an even more positive effect?

AboDi: I really can't stand the smell either, but I have no problems with the smell staying after I rinse it off in the shower, probably because I make a spray that is a 1:1 solution of acv to water. Are you using 100% like magic? You might ask him about how he handles getting rid of the smell.

If ACV is working to reduce inflammation, what can that tell me about my diffuse thinning causes? I'm not entirely sure how acv operates so it would be nice to know because it might give me some clues about the mpb problems.

Thanks fellas.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:15 am

The original Scalpure formula was heavy with ACV. Not sure why he took it out. Anyway, once you rinse it out of your hair/scalp the smell goes away. You may smell it, but I always asked my wife is she could smell it and she couldn't.

Really happy to hear it's helping you with your inflammation. Inflammation is the big thing I'm always fighting. I've found topical colloidal silver to be very helpful in that area for myself personally.

Good luck.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:36 am

Thanks H. I want to try adding some other ingredients and form a more all around topical. Considering several things. It seems like everybody's topical has something different so it becomes overwhelming trying to decide what would be most effective, without ever having tried any of them. I'm thinking of perhaps using acv, coconut oil, cayenne, perhaps some other essential oils (rosemary), and some sort of tea base for caffeine. If anybody has had success with a topical, I'd love to hear your strategy.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:35 pm

Guys, I'd like to give ACV a try. Any of you using an off-the-shelf variety from one of the big brands? That is all that is available in my part of the world, no organic, with-mother kind of variety.

Will the mass-marketed, filtered ACV help at all?
thanks for your inputs,
-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 pm

I believe ACV works by dissolving sebum..
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:49 am

9rugrats5: Most people choose to go with Braggs brand. I use Fleischmanns (spelling?) which also has the mother and is a bit cheaper. See if you can find that one. I do believe the less its been tampered with, the better its going to be. But sometimes you have to work with what is available. I would be interested to see if filtering has any effect on the acidity of the acv and on the potassium content.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 am

Thanks Anthony, Decro. Braggs not available here, I got a Heinz 'all natural' ACV with 5% acidity, and it's filtered. As you said, we have to make do with what's available. I don't have much sebum issue, but going through a phase of bad hair fall. Let's see if this does anything.

cheers,
-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Can ACV and Aloe Vera be mixed 50-50 in a spray bottle and sprayed on the scalp once or twice a day? would it smell so strong?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Yeah it can be. I used to spray it on at night and wash it off in the morning, but this is way too much effort and is very messy.

I believe it's highly over-rated thanks to the great marketing campaign by Paul Braggs (Lied about his age). I wouldn't be too excited. I only think it works by dissolving sebum on the scalp and therefore calming inflammation, so in all fairness I think cheaper white vinegar would work just as well. Ingesting it might have a small effect on helping with Insulin-resistance but there are things which would do a much better job at this.

The level of minerals in ACV is blown way out of proportion. You'd get way more from eating mineral rich food.

All in all I wouldn't be too bothered with this stuff. Baking soda topically dissolves sebum just like ACV does but dries the hair out.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  AS54 Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:50 am

Hey Decro,

I am interested in anything that can help with insulin resistance. I have heard acv is able to do this marginally, per the master cleanse recipes. But if you get a chance, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know some of the more effective means of doing this. I've heard that ceylon cinnamon prior to a meal is able to modulate the insulin response.

Thanks.
AS54
AS54

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:49 am

anthonyspencer54 wrote:Hey Decro,

I am interested in anything that can help with insulin resistance. I have heard acv is able to do this marginally, per the master cleanse recipes. But if you get a chance, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know some of the more effective means of doing this. I've heard that ceylon cinnamon prior to a meal is able to modulate the insulin response.

Thanks.

Not point in asking me, I don't really have a clue. I believe it's mostly to do with Diet. Chromium/Fish Oil/ALA are supposed to help but I don't know to what degree. Ask CS.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:17 am

CS recommends green tea and celery seed extract primarily for increasing insulin sensitivity.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:25 am

Decro435 wrote:Yeah it can be. I used to spray it on at night and wash it off in the morning, but this is way too much effort and is very messy.

I believe it's highly over-rated thanks to the great marketing campaign by Paul Braggs (Lied about his age). I wouldn't be too excited. I only think it works by dissolving sebum on the scalp and therefore calming inflammation, so in all fairness I think cheaper white vinegar would work just as well. Ingesting it might have a small effect on helping with Insulin-resistance but there are things which would do a much better job at this.

The level of minerals in ACV is blown way out of proportion. You'd get way more from eating mineral rich food.

All in all I wouldn't be too bothered with this stuff. Baking soda topically dissolves sebum just like ACV does but dries the hair out.

Can I ask You: What do You think about mixing ACV and Baking soda? Have You tried it? I used ACV for the first time yesterday with no visual results. I guess it takes time to make it works...

Jeruslan
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:41 am

I mixed some Aloe Vera (90%) and ACV (10%) in a spray bottle and spray it on my scalp. This stuff stinks! but the smell goes after a few hours due to the low amount I use. Baking Soda and ACV? I'd like to learn more.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Somewhat offtopic, but interesting experiment to report. A group of 9 fruit flies have decided they would like to be in my living room. Turns out it's a new bottle of ACV that is attracting them. It's made from the recently ended apple season, a local brand, is somewhat unfiltered, has no added preservatives or chemicals, and does not say whether its pasteurized.

Seeing this, I decided to conduct a little experiment. I kept four fruit items close by, all at room temperature, with the two or three drops of the liquids rubbed at the bottle necks. The objective is to see where the fruit flies go. The findings, after three rounds of observation over a period of 30 minutes.

Item______________________________________Avg # of fruit flies on the item
2 ripe and fragrant apples___________________________________ 0
Tropicana 100% orange juice (no additives/sugar, from conc)______ 0.5 (averages!)
Heinz 'natural' ACV, ultra-filtered, diluted to 5% acidity___________ 1.5
Local, less filtered and milder ACV, additive free, 'natural'_________ 7

Towards the end, all but one are on the local ACV, one on the Heinz ACV.
Go figure!

9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:29 pm

Nice topic for ACV producer with hairloss. Smile We have old apple plantation from my grandfather and about 1000 liter ACV at home, bio made, no additives in it. We know it's healthy for diabetes and fat burning, but nobody never thought about putting it on the head to reduce inflammation. I once put my legs in it to reduce fungus infection and I can still smell it with just bringing my memory back. We dilute it with water when eating with salads, etc.
Yeah, it's so strong..

So, how to manage smell, i am willing to try it on my head??Smile

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  imprisoned-radical Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:02 am

9rugrats5 wrote:Somewhat offtopic, but interesting experiment to report. A group of 9 fruit flies have decided they would like to be in my living room. Turns out it's a new bottle of ACV that is attracting them. It's made from the recently ended apple season, a local brand, is somewhat unfiltered, has no added preservatives or chemicals, and does not say whether its pasteurized.

Seeing this, I decided to conduct a little experiment. I kept four fruit items close by, all at room temperature, with the two or three drops of the liquids rubbed at the bottle necks. The objective is to see where the fruit flies go. The findings, after three rounds of observation over a period of 30 minutes.

Item______________________________________Avg # of fruit flies on the item
2 ripe and fragrant apples___________________________________ 0
Tropicana 100% orange juice (no additives/sugar, from conc)______ 0.5 (averages!)
Heinz 'natural' ACV, ultra-filtered, diluted to 5% acidity___________ 1.5
Local, less filtered and milder ACV, additive free, 'natural'_________ 7

Towards the end, all but one are on the local ACV, one on the Heinz ACV.
Go figure!

There's been a fruit fly population boom in my apartment. I was able to curb it by setting out plastic bottles containing small amounts of balsamic vinegar. Supposedly they're attracted to products of bacterial fermentation, which explains why they weren't interested in the fruits.

imprisoned-radical

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Very interesting, IR. Wonder why they are attracted to fermentation. It does sound like a big 'aye' to fermented products from the fruit flies!
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:01 am

I tried apple cider vinegar topically in last few days to fight dandruff. I can say it works minus the smell!Smile

I mixed 2dcl with 5l of warm water in a flowerpot a and let my head in for 20 minutes while massaging the scalp. I washed off it with water and left it alone for the night. My hair felt more alive than ever, it was soft and smooth. It's 3rd day today, i managed to win the smell fight with a sage shampoo since i went to work today. I used shampoo only today! I can say, there is less dandruff on my hair compared to situation i had a week ago. So i would definetly give it major credit on it's work. When i find some days alone, i will definetly repeat the procedure and i highly recommend it to all the dandruff sufferers.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocket83 Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:14 am

I will be trying using it topically tonight and will keep you updated, I have reading alot on the benefits which may help with hair loss. I have been drinking one teaspoon with a glass of water but upsets my stomache so have stopped for now.

Rocket83

Back to top Go down

Post  Zaphod Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:42 am

any update Rocket03?

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:11 am

ive got a cayenne acv tincture going right now. i'll start using it in a week. we'll see how that goes
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next