Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Milk and the metabolic syndrome EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Milk and the metabolic syndrome

+7
sdguy
hadrion
jeruslan
abc123
LittleFighter
ailin
a
11 posters

Go down

Milk and the metabolic syndrome Empty Milk and the metabolic syndrome

Post  a<r Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:29 am

Summary

The metabolic syndrome is a cluster of metabolic disorders, namely dyslipidaemia, hypertension, obesity and glucose intolerance. Insulin resistance is the core phenomenon. Co-occurrence is associated with increased cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk. Observational studies found no increased CVD risk with increasing consumption of milk and other dairy products. In several studies dairy consumption was inversely associated with the occurrence of one or several facets of the metabolic syndrome. Many dairy components may contribute to the beneficial effects. Milk and particularly whey appeared insulinotropic when given in a single meal, but not in longer-term intervention. Medium chain fatty acids improve insulin sensitivity. Whey proteins, amino acids, medium chain fatty acids and in particular calcium and other minerals may contribute to the beneficial effect of dairy products on body weight and body fat. Peptides, calcium and other minerals reduce blood pressure. Fermented products and probiotic bacteria decrease absorption of cholesterol, sphingomyelin of cholesterol and fat, calcium of cholesterol, bile acids and fat. Proteins, peptides and bacteria may also reduce plasma cholesterol. Lactose, citrate, proteins and peptides improve weight control, blood pressure and plasma lipids indirectly, by improving calcium bioavailability. Furthermore, dairy consumption improves the bioavailability of folate and other secondary plant components.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Milk and the metabolic syndrome Empty Re: Milk and the metabolic syndrome

Post  ailin Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:25 am

thanks so much for all these research blurbs!
ailin
ailin

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:03 am

Fermented milk will make even pasteurized milk safer.

Fermented milk is healthier, safer and more beneficial in general beyond providing probiotics. Hormones, proteins, sugars and fats get digested, new nutrients and benefical compounds are created. Definitely good for you.

LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:15 am

No problem. It's not hard to get good stuff, make friends with Google Scholar and the terms spouted by CS and you'll find all you need.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:16 am

I second LittleFighter. Ferment it up, it's cheap, its easy, its tasty, its healthy.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:29 am

a<r wrote:

Summary

The metabolic syndrome is a cluster of metabolic disorders, namely dyslipidaemia, hypertension, obesity and glucose intolerance. Insulin resistance is the core phenomenon. Co-occurrence is associated with increased cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk. Observational studies found no increased CVD risk with increasing consumption of milk and other dairy products. In several studies dairy consumption was inversely associated with the occurrence of one or several facets of the metabolic syndrome. Many dairy components may contribute to the beneficial effects. Milk and particularly whey appeared insulinotropic when given in a single meal, but not in longer-term intervention. Medium chain fatty acids improve insulin sensitivity. Whey proteins, amino acids, medium chain fatty acids and in particular calcium and other minerals may contribute to the beneficial effect of dairy products on body weight and body fat. Peptides, calcium and other minerals reduce blood pressure. Fermented products and probiotic bacteria decrease absorption of cholesterol, sphingomyelin of cholesterol and fat, calcium of cholesterol, bile acids and fat. Proteins, peptides and bacteria may also reduce plasma cholesterol. Lactose, citrate, proteins and peptides improve weight control, blood pressure and plasma lipids indirectly, by improving calcium bioavailability. Furthermore, dairy consumption improves the bioavailability of folate and other secondary plant components.

nectar of the gods, even the pasteurized stuff

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:09 am

Consumption of fermented and nonfermented dairy products: effects on cholesterol concentrations and metabolism1,2,3
Marie-Pierre St-Onge, Edward R Farnworth and Peter JH Jones
1 From the School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, Canada, and the Food Research and Development Center, Agriculture Canada, St-Hyacinthe, Canada.

The objective of this article was to review existing literature concerning the effects and mechanisms of action of fermented dairy products on serum cholesterol concentrations. Although not without exception, existing evidence from animal and human studies suggests a moderate cholesterol-lowering action of fermented dairy products. Mechanistically, fermented milk has been shown to cause an increase in human gut bacterial content. These bacteria, once resident in the large intestine, are believed to ferment food-derived indigestible carbohydrates. Such fermentation causes increased production of short-chain fatty acids, which decreases circulatory cholesterol concentrations either by inhibiting hepatic cholesterol synthesis or by redistributing cholesterol from plasma to the liver. Furthermore, increased bacterial activity in the large intestine results in enhanced bile acid deconjugation. Deconjugated bile acids are not well absorbed by the gut mucosa and are excreted. Consequently, cholesterol, being a precursor of bile acids, is utilized to a greater extent for de novo bile acid synthesis. These actions combined are proposed as contributing mechanisms to the association of fermented milk consumption with decreased circulating cholesterol concentrations.

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:57 am

Hi guys...

Just want to share my experience with all of You. I have the oportunity to obtain raw milk from the cow, so I drink it every other day.
I get the milk in the evening and one day, I left some of this milk in refrigerator and drink it in the next moring on empty stomach.
In the next 30 minutes, I begun to feel, that my muscles are better toned and firmer. To me, it is a proof, that the raw milk have positive effect on health.

By the way...
In our language the milk is called: "mlieko". And the word for the cure is: "liek". So in the word designate "milk" contain the term labeling the "cure".
Just coincidence or fragment of ancient knowledge? I inclince to the second option...

Jeruslan
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:27 am

Great thread guys. My question is this, if you can't get raw milk and you have to drink the pasteruized kind it's better to drink Whole vs. reduced fat correct? I remember IH posting something how skim messes up insulin levels more than whole. Just want to be sure about that.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:20 am

Yes, whole milk is better. I wish it weren't since the raw milk in CA sells for $8.50 for a quart of whole and I think $4.50 for skim.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:23 pm

Wow, i guess im lucky, $2 for a liter/quart of raw milk here in BC, but i go to the guys farm to pick it up.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:42 pm

Elan! I'm living in Chilliwack, any sources for raw milk? I waaaant some!

a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:15 pm

The prices for raw in my neck of the woods near NYC are so outrageous. Not to mention I'd have to drive a great deal to get it fresh. The services that deliver it are not cost effective. I'd be spending more on milk than I do on gas.

The best we can get in my area is the organic stuff at Trader Joe's or Fairway.

Not sure if they sell raw at Whole Foods since I sort of refuse to go in there since the people who shop there are some of the most obnoxious people I've ever met in my life. Every time I enter a Whole Foods my blood pressure rises.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Same problem here in the SF bay area. Raw milk costs about 10 times as much as pasteurized milk.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:07 am

a>r, i dont know of any places in chilliwack, but thats because ive never had the need to look in that area. Im in kelowna and found a posting in my local classifieds. I suggest looking in kijiji, craigslist or any local based classifieds.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:28 am

Raw milk is a bit expensive here in California, although at least it is available. Whole paycheck (Whole Foods) no longer sells raw milk for whatever reason, but fortunately, the better and more reasonably priced stores like Henry's (formerly Sprouts and Wild Oats) do.

I wonder if sometime during our lifetime if or when the establishment will finally "get it" that raw is superior to pasteurized.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:39 am

In the CA Bay Area, www.realfoodbayarea.com has raw milk for $4.00 a quart after the $1.50 deposit refund on the bottle.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down