Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution!

+5
sc871
j87x
sdguy
CausticSymmetry
pancacke
9 posters

Go down

CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! Empty CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution!

Post  pancacke Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:43 am

I still have awefully dry skin. The only problem zones are my forehead, the space between my eyelids and my eyebrows and my scalp, especially the the temples.

I tried various things including PSO for over a month but nothing so far. The only thing that ever helped me was Emovate-Creme with the main ingredient being Clobetason-butyrat, prescribed by my dermatologist a year ago.

Based on what I wrote above can somebody narrow down my problem and possibly suggest what I do against it. Is there any alternative to emovate-creme? I don't want to use prescription creme any longer......

pancacke

Back to top Go down

CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! Empty Re: CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution!

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:59 am

Lithium can dry skin - Just to rule that out.

Are you taking any Vitamin A (not from beta-carotene or Pro-vitamin A)?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution! Empty Re: CS,Skin experts, please help me find a solution!

Post  pancacke Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:27 am

I don't take any lithium......have some vitamin a in the form of retinyl palmitate, but have not used it
http://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-Natural-Vitamin-A-10-000-IU-100-Softgels/11689?at=0

After buying it I had second thoughts because of the dose, what do you think? Should I take it....maybe split in half?

Thanks CS!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:31 am

don't worry about the dose, Brian just covered this in today's article:

http://healthyfixx.com/33/why-vitamin-a-is-more-important-than-you-think

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 am

Nice coincident Smile thanks, haven't seen this yet!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:59 pm

May want to try up to 5 grams of PSO. It took me 2 months to notice a difference. I upped it from 3 to 4 grams and noticed it taking effect in other areas. My ears used to be very dry and flaky, but not anymore.

Other things to look into:
Olivenol
Hyaluronic acid

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:31 pm

j87x wrote:May want to try up to 5 grams of PSO. It took me 2 months to notice a difference. I upped it from 3 to 4 grams and noticed it taking effect in other areas. My ears used to be very dry and flaky, but not anymore.

Olivenol
Hyaluronic acid

I started taking PSO back thru the winter and I think it helped which was about the same time you stated. Can HA cause cause bloating/fluid retention?

sc871

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:36 pm

sc871 wrote:
j87x wrote:May want to try up to 5 grams of PSO. It took me 2 months to notice a difference. I upped it from 3 to 4 grams and noticed it taking effect in other areas. My ears used to be very dry and flaky, but not anymore.

Olivenol
Hyaluronic acid

I started taking PSO back thru the winter and I think it helped which was about the same time you stated. Can HA cause cause bloating/fluid retention?

Not sure about HA, just started but I feel more thirsty, no bloating though.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:57 am

What will be the top 3 supplements or topicals for keeping a youthful face? (except HA and the immortalHair line, cuz they are the ones I already know) Smile
Abhi
Abhi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:11 am

Abhi wrote:What will be the top 3 supplements or topicals for keeping a youthful face? (except HA and the immortalHair line, cuz they are the ones I already know) Smile

This is a tough question. I've been trying to figure this out for a while--so far lots of trial and error.

One product possibly worth trying is RNA (500 milligrams is the minimum dose per day).

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhi Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:40 pm

The thing is there are so many creams, lotions and serums in the market to choose from. Am nearing 30 and all my life I have never used any product for my face except the mild soap which I bathe with.lol. I believe it's time I start pampering my skin a little. What do you apply to moisturize and keep the wrinkles at bay?

Other members can also chim in with their routine and their fav product. Smile
Abhi
Abhi

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:06 pm

pancacke wrote:I still have awefully dry skin. The only problem zones are my forehead, the space between my eyelids and my eyebrows and my scalp, especially the the temples.

I tried various things including PSO for over a month but nothing so far. The only thing that ever helped me was Emovate-Creme with the main ingredient being Clobetason-butyrat, prescribed by my dermatologist a year ago.

Based on what I wrote above can somebody narrow down my problem and possibly suggest what I do against it. Is there any alternative to emovate-creme? I don't want to use prescription creme any longer......

Topically, try some coconut oil.

Internally, eat liver 1x a week and screen for thyroid issues.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:08 am

i got rid of my dry skin issue in a matter of 3 days or so. all i did was cut out salt (i brought it back into my diet, just a whole lot less than i used to use) and started eating some sprouted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. it was literally that easy. worth a try...

and of course i try to keep my sugar down to a minimum. that has always helped tremendously but wasnt the fix
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:34 am

Thanks for all of your tips!

I tried the PSO, only 2000mg but my diet is generally high in fat......

@abc
Liver for it's vitamin a?

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:36 am

Yanks wrote:i got rid of my dry skin issue in a matter of 3 days or so. all i did was cut out salt (i brought it back into my diet, just a whole lot less than i used to use) and started eating some sprouted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. it was literally that easy. worth a try...

and of course i try to keep my sugar down to a minimum. that has always helped tremendously but wasnt the fix
Unfortunatly my saltintake is low, I had the thought that saltdeficiency cause my skinissues since it's responsible for hydration.
My bet is on thyroid for now, got many syptoms for that....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:38 am

pancacke wrote:Thanks for all of your tips!

I tried the PSO, only 2000mg but my diet is generally high in fat......

@abc
Liver for it's vitamin a?

Yes for vitamin a. Because it's super cheap and you get all the other benefits of eating natures best multi-vitamin, liver cheers

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:28 am

For now I have two bottles of vit. a and like it happens, I picked the right kind(from what I read on healthyfixx)

I thought about liver, but my worries concern the iron and toxic waste. A detoxified liver product would be awesome indeed!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:46 am

pancacke wrote:For now I have two bottles of vit. a and like it happens, I picked the right kind(from what I read on healthyfixx)

I thought about liver, but my worries concern the iron and toxic waste. A detoxified liver product would be awesome indeed!

http://thehealthyskeptic.org/natures-most-potent-superfood
A popular objection to eating liver is the belief that the liver is a storage organ for toxins in the body. While it is true that one of the liver’s role is to neutralize toxins (such as drugs, chemical agents and poisons), it does not store these toxins. Toxins the body cannot eliminate are likely to accumulate in the body’s fatty tissues and nervous systems. On the other hand, the liver is a is a storage organ for many important nutrients (vitamins A, D, E, K, B12 and folic acid, and minerals such as copper and iron). These nutrients provide the body with some of the tools it needs to get rid of toxins.

Excess iron absorption is possibly a problem but I wouldn't worry about it because

a) You only need to eat liver 1x a week
b) If I recall you can block excess Iron absorption by having some green tea (maybe coffee?) at the same time. And also by avoiding vitamin C heavy foods.

My 2cents

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:13 am

Okay but there is toxic waste that was in the process of neutralization but didn't finsih.......if my thinking is correct......

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:24 am

pancacke wrote:Okay but there is toxic waste that was in the process of neutralization but didn't finsih.......if my thinking is correct......

Lol I wondered that too a while ago actually. To be honest no idea, but how many toxins do you think a healthy grass fed cow will be processing? No food is perfect in theory, they all have pro's and cons. I would be pretty confident in the net benefit on detoxification from consuming liver being massively positive because of all the huge doses of vitamins and minerals you get from it. We are exposed to crappy toxins 24/7 these days and the best strategy imo is to load up on the detoxifying vitamins and minerals that liver is very very rich in.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:20 am

abc123 wrote:
b) If I recall you can block excess Iron absorption by having some green tea (maybe coffee?) at the same time. And also by avoiding vitamin C heavy foods.

Is vitamin c heavy foods only a problem when eating iron rich foods at the same time? Is drinking a glass of oj per meal likely to cause a problem? If I were to eat liver once per week should I just avoid the glass of oj that meal?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:25 am

http://healthyfixx.com/28/donate-blood-for-your-health

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:58 am

I've read that before CS it's convinced me to give blood, showed some family members it as well and they are doing the same.

Is vitamin c not a big deal from orange juice alone? If I take the actual supplements away from food.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:08 pm

tooyoung wrote:
abc123 wrote:

Is vitamin c heavy foods only a problem when eating iron rich foods at the same time? Is drinking a glass of oj per meal likely to cause a problem? If I were to eat liver once per week should I just avoid the glass of oj that meal?

Q. I can't avoid all those foods, especially the bread and grains. What can I do to keep the iron I ingest from harming me?

Iron destroys vitamin E, so vitamin E should be taken as a supplement. It shouldn't be taken at the same time as the iron-contaminated food, because iron reacts with it in the stomach. About 100 mg. per day is adequate, though our requirement increases with age, as our tissue iron stores increase. Coffee, when taken with food, strongly inhibits the absorption of iron, so I always try to drink coffee with meat. Decreasing your consumption of unsaturated fats makes the iron less harmful. Vitamin C stimulates the absorption of iron, so it might be a good idea to avoid drinking orange juice at the same meal with iron-rich foods. A deficiency of copper causes our tissues to retain an excess of iron, so foods such as shrimp and oysters which contain abundant copper should be used regularly.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down