Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what?

+2
pancacke
teacup
6 posters

Go down

raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? Empty raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what?

Post  teacup Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:39 am

I keep running across people that say the weirdest things like eating raw, not eating any oils, grains, no animal products eggs milk or meat, no beans either and this one claims salt is a poison and that without carbs you are ketonic even with high protein: http://savorystews.rogerhaeske.com/

salt a poison? since when?

ok, opinions?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? Empty Re: raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what?

Post  pancacke Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 am

My opinion:
1. Salt is no poison, you'll die without it(fortunatly plants provide sodium). Tablesalt however could be considered a poison....
2. Oils and animalproducts have their good and bad sides, just like vegetable and fruits....in the end I think CS is right about his EPO theories and that most animal products do more good than harm. I try to avoid pork and liquid milk -the later one even with some success :p

pancacke

Back to top Go down

raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? Empty Re: raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what?

Post  teacup Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:34 am

pancacke wrote:My opinion:
1. Salt is no poison, you'll die without it(fortunatly plants provide sodium). Tablesalt however could be considered a poison....
2. Oils and animalproducts have their good and bad sides, just like vegetable and fruits....in the end I think CS is right about his EPO theories and that most animal products do more good than harm. I try to avoid pork and liquid milk -the later one even with some success :p

I agree, and salt is an essential nutrient, people used to trade it like currency.. but apparently some raw foodists think its bad.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:00 am

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/salt.shtml

Salt restriction, according to a review of about 100 studies (Alderman, 2004), lowers the blood pressure a few points. But that generally doesn’t relate to better health. In one study (3000 people, 4 years), there was a clear increase in mortality in the individuals who ate less salt. An extra few grams of salt per day was associated with a 36% reduction in “coronary events” (Alderman, et al., 1995). Another study (more than 11,000 people, 22 years) also showed an inverse relation between salt intake and mortality (Alderman, et al., 1997).

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:05 am

Here's more on salt.

http://www.grist.org/food/2011-05-26-change-in-season-why-salt-doesnt-deserve-its-bad-rap

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/2090441-salt-restriction-increases-risk-of-death

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:48 am

tooyoung , CS, thanks

Could a raw foodist argue they do not need sea salt since they get all their minerals from plants, in a more bio-available form than rock salt?

Quote:
Dont eat salt

need sodium from natural foods plants in organic forms, salt from rocks crystallized is poison to cells and causes premature aging ..

Don't put living cells in salt, salt on grass kills grass

Any truth to this is or is he getting the science wrong?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:10 am

Think about where plants get there food from....

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:58 am

Well, you better think about where from all the other animals get their sodium? And since when human-kind more than generously supplements salt? For a good health, at least a ratio of 2:1 of potassium and sodium has to be maintained. In civilised man's diets this ratio is perverted more often than it is not.

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:16 am

ppm wrote:Well, you better think about where from all the other animals get their sodium? And since when human-kind more than generously supplements salt? For a good health, at least a ratio of 2:1 of potassium and sodium has to be maintained. In civilised man's diets this ratio is perverted more often than it is not.

See this HealthyFixx page on Wright salt ..
It says it is bio active, unlike Himalayan salt .. http://healthyfixx.com/showdown/2/himalayan-salt-vs-wright-salt

To address the sodium issue, the same link I posted above says this:

Quote:
Wright salt has roughly 50% less sodium and contains potassium chloride. Harvard Medical School found that a lowered ratio of sodium to potassium reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease

I wonder if minerals from plants are also biologically active, if the raw foodist claim that one could get minerals in bio available form from plants is valid.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Again, I came across the bioavailability of salt while on Amazon.. here's a comment:

If salt and water are what our bodies require, why is sea water unfit to drink? Salt is toxic to the human body because it is not bio-available. Our bodies cannot assimilate it. We need to get our minerals from living organisms, not from dead rocks. Salt is not alive, has never been alive, and has never been a part of anything alive. Life comes from life. All the sodium and chloride you need are available in foods, in bio-available form. Added salt is very harmful. Don't waste your money on it. I wish you good health!

and

Where is your proof that salt is bio-available? When you ingest salt, what happens? You get thirsty. Why do you get thirsty? Because your body needs water to dilute the toxic salt.

Supposing you were low in calcium. You could get calcium lactate from milk, from a living animal. You could get calcium gluconate from carrots, a living vegetable. Or you could get calcium carbonate from chalk, a lifeless mineral. Which would you choose? Which would be most bio-available? Salt is lifeless, like chalk, sand, plaster of paris, or dolomite, all of which contain calcium.

Every mineral and trace element found in salt is abundantly available, in bio-available form, in foods from living plants and animals.
http://www.amazon.com/review/RNQMDVG78DXNG/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B000R8ZTGK&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful
Any takers? Is salt bad because its not bio-available like the minerals from living foods? It follows should I get all my minerals from living foods?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Teacup - use some sea salt, or Himalayan Salt. *Cell Food* is also VERY good, and I would recomend it by putting 20 drops in water every day. So yes eat minerals from your food but supplement a little too, to make up for soil and other deficiencies etc.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:22 pm

teacup wrote:I keep running across people that say the weirdest things like eating raw, not eating any oils, grains, no animal products eggs milk or meat, no beans either and this one claims salt is a poison and that without carbs you are ketonic even with high protein: http://savorystews.rogerhaeske.com/

salt a poison? since when?

ok, opinions?

raw or steamed veggies yes, wild meat - yes, no *cooked* oils, no grains except the two good ones, animal products - yes eat them, salt as above, carbs is all about insulin spike avoidance.

You must try to eat like your hunter gatherer ancestors did millions of years ago, as that is how your DNA evolved, As CS says civilized foods SUCK.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Any takers? Is salt bad because its not bio-available like the minerals from living foods? It follows should I get all my minerals from living foods?
Rocksalt is good, just as calcium from rocks is good....most vegetable you get actually lack minerals because the soil hasn't any. REEs(rare earth elements) can't be found in plants anymore and good salt is a way to supplement.

There is the argument that our ancestors didn't eat rocks etc. therefor can't use minerals form theses sources, but where do the minerals in our water come form(except fluoride etc.)? Point is people get minerals form plants animals and rocks/earth but the ratio should be of course in favour of animal/vegetable sources.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

raw food, no salt, no garlic.. what? Empty Bio-Availability of Salt and Minerals

Post  teacup Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:51 am

pancacke wrote:
Rocksalt is good, just as calcium from rocks is good....most vegetable you get actually lack minerals because the soil hasn't any. REEs(rare earth elements) can't be found in plants anymore and good salt is a way to supplement.

There is the argument that our ancestors didn't eat rocks etc. therefor can't use minerals form theses sources, but where do the minerals in our water come form(except fluoride etc.)? Point is people get minerals form plants animals and rocks/earth but the ratio should be of course in favour of animal/vegetable sources.

Good arguments Mastery and pancacke. I came across yet another heated discussion on Amazon and both sides make good points. I really would like to hear more from you and from CS on this matter.

Arguing that plants are deficient in minerals doesn't necessarily equate to eating rock salt, I want to consume the correct form of salt, like taking in bioavailable B complex vs. synthetic B. Maybe rather than eating sea salt or rock salt we should grow specific plants in salty solutions or brewers yeast so the minerals become bio-available.

There was a study of nomads in Tibet who ate no fruits or veggies and drank tea loaded with salt and butter! they ate animals and get this, "grains!" and they had no hypertension. These guys did not eat raw, and ate tons of salt and had no hypertension. The opposite side is the raw fooders who avoid all salt and eat no animals and claim to get all their minerals from plants because it is bio-available.

Earlier in this thread I posted a quote from CS from the healthyfixx site where he said that himalayan salt was not bio-available. He recommended Wright salt and said it was bio-available.

Below I pasted the important parts of the discussion from Amazon. Worth reading the points made.
Help me clarify, debunk, add on, and help me answer these questions:

- If plant/animal salt is more bio-available, is it better to get my salt and minerals from them?
- Is rock/sea/crystal unrefined salt harmful? (I'm not talking about contamination with heavy metals as in pink himalayan salt)
- Should I only consume Wright Salt then?
- How could I convert unrefined sea salt (Celtic) or Real Salt into being bio-available?
- Does mixing salt in tea change anything about the salt's bio-availability?

Here are the main discussion arguments from Amazon:

The author of this book explains how the 'salt is bad for you and must be severely minimised or else cause high blood pressure etc. etc.' myths came into being. I was shocked at how shonky the science that supposedly proved salt was so bad, really was (and is).

To be clear, salt is very bad for you, if you're talking about table salt.

However, unrefined salt is an entirely different substance and is essential to good health, in the appropriate amount (and also makes your food taste MUCH better as we are designed to want a bit of salt in our food!) This book also explains how very low salt diets cause their own problems and how eating table salt uses up valuable mineral stores in the body, making table salt an antinutrient.

The author explains how he has improved the health of many patients with high blood pressure as well as many other ailments, with unrefined salt and all the micro-minerals it contains (along with a comprehensive and individualised nutritional medicine program).

Unrefined salt is not a miracle cure, just another part of giving your body all the tools it needs to heal itself as much as possible. We need those 80 trace elements in unrefined salt! They do all sorts of important tasks in the body.

--

Drink two litres of water every day and add 0.5 to 1 teaspoon of unrefined salt to your diet (or your water) each day. That's it!

Incidentally, many products labeled 'sea salt' are just plain old table salt. Unrefined salt is NEVER white. It is often off-white or light brown, grey or pink and is slightly moist. It should also contain 80 trace minerals. (Look for Celtic sea salt, or similar.)

Don't believe the salt scaremongers! Read this book

--

After reading this book, I felt like the conventional world really didn't understand the human body and how it works. Salt and water are what our body's require for survival and if properly consumed we as humans can live without disease and destruction.

--

One of the main treatments for adrenal fatigue is to begin your day with a modest amount of salt placed on your tongue, while drinking a glass of water. Salt gets your adrenal glands to working. You also, eat salt and drink water throughout the day to nourish your adrenal glands. Yes, the salt needs to be unrefined salt. I use Real Salt, which is mined from an ancient and now dried up salt lake in Utah. It is excellent, with mineral flecks in it and is cheaper than some other unrefined salts. I learned this through reading a most excellent book called, "Adrenal Fatigue." I had just been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and the book was a God send. I highly recommend it.

It doesn't matter what fashion the NaCl appears (refined or unrefined sea salt) it is the sodium that is packaged with the chloride that does the body harm. The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans which will be released later addresses this issue. Please don't be deceived by this book. All the sodium normally required is found naturally in the foods we eat ... we do not need to add salt of any kind.

--

Salt and sodium are not the same. Salt is nothing more than rocks, dead, inanimate rocks. It has never been alive or part of anything that was ever alive. You need to get your minerals from living organisms, not from rocks. Trying to get sodium from salt is like trying to get calcium from sand or blackboard chalk. It does not work! Salt is not bio-available.

Sea salt is no better than mined salt. It also is dead. Everyone agrees that sea water is unfit to drink because of its salt content. How then can the salt extracted from it be fit to eat?

--

Dr. Albert Schweitzer said that cancer was unknown in his area of West Africa until the natives started using salt. Then he started seeing tumors in his medical practice. Charlotte Gerson does not allow her patients even to bathe in the ocean because of its salt content. Dr. Max Gerson put all his patients on strict salt-free diets. Read Dr. Emmet Densmore and Herbert M. Shelton about salt. If you are still skeptical, try this experiment: dissolve one tablespoon of salt in a glass of water and drink. Have a basin handy to vomit into.

--

The minerals in salt cannot possibly do the human body any good because they are not bio-available. They cannot be assimilated. They are inorganic matter. They have never been part of anything alive. The body sees them as foreign matter. It makes no difference what kind of salt it is, whether or not it is processed. Get your minerals from food.

--

Your comment that life could not be supported with out salt is without a shred of truth. Sodium in small amounts and naturally occuring in food satisfies the needs of life ... sodium chloride (salt) is not required however.

--

How about you cut out sugar/processed/simple carbohydrate crap from your diet and then consume excess salt and see what happens.

--

I eliminated the "crap" from my diet decades ago, but my chronic headaches persisted until I eliminated salt. That was eight years ago and I have not had a headache since.

The human body cannot digest rocks, gravel, sand, chalk, plaster, dolomite, or salt. Salt may seem to dissolve in water, but evaporate the water and you will find the salt in the same cube form.

--

P.J. ... Max Gerson, M.D. while in medical school in Germany discovered the cause of his migraines to be salt. It was a very interesting process how this discovery was made by him. The follwoing is from The Gerson Therapy by Charlotte Gerson and Morton Walker: "Upon eliminating salt from his diet he was free from migraines. He referred to this as his mirgraine diet. It was predicated on the ingestion of fresh fruits and vegetables, mostly raw but some cooked, and totally free of salt. Gerson decided that salt was the source of pathology connected with diet. In time patients would come to him complaining of migraines. Although there was no cure according to the textbooks, Gerson revealed that he had been suffering from migraines himself until he developed and followed his antimigraine, saltless diet. The young physician would then suggest that the patient try it out. nvariably, migraine patients following his eating program would return for a follow-up consultation adn report that they were free of headaches as long as they didn't 'cheat' on the Gerson eating program. When they began eating salt again, they would suffer a relapse."

re:
I can believe it, John, because the same thing happened to me. My chronic headaches ended when I completely eliminated salt. I have studied the Gerson program and reviewed Charlotte Gerson's book on Amazon, but I prefer Herbert M. Shelton's Natural Hygiene protocol. He also condemned salt in no uncertain terms.
--

In response to this book, recently I tried adding a little salt (the kind of sea salt he recommends), and what do you know? The pain comes back when I eat the salt!!! I need to try this a few more times, because I am concerned that a little chloride may be needed for proper detoxification. Bromides in particular are suspected in many health problems, including headaches, so perhaps the salt is actually promoting bromide clearance from the body. I will even do a urine test for bromide after eating salt, and one when on the salt-free diet, to see whether there is evidence of "detox" during either. Sometimes detox causes worsening of problems in the short term, but pays off after you go through it and get your toxin load down.

--

Natural foods are chock full of minerals, including chloride. There is absolutely no need to get any minerals from salt. However, I ran low on iodine when I eliminated salt, which is artificially iodized. So now I eat a piece of dulse once a week for iodine and all my minerals test normal. The raw diet is optimal.

--

If sea salt is so "good" for you, why does sea water have to be desalinated in order to be rendered fit to drink? Sea water induces vomiting, because of its salt content.

So where does living food get it's minerals? Could it be from the unliving minerals? Like rocks, dissolved rocks, or salt?

--
A reasonable amount of sea water will induce vomiting. There is no dispute that sea water is unfit to drink. And there is no dispute that salt is the reason.

Plants can convert inorganic minerals into organic minerals. The human body cannot. We are meant to get our minerals from plants or from animals that eat plants.

--
The human body cannot, but the bacteria in our guts can. If anyone has ever made kefir, one can take egg shells or even a calcium supplement, put in the jar and the bacteria will make it into bioavailable form. This is why gut health is important and older people's health go downhill as the bacterial population in their guts declines from age 40 on and so become MINERAL DEFICIENT. I don't care what source you think it comes from, with no bacteria, absorption is minimal. You are having headaches because sodium is high reactive to acetaldehyde, an alcohol that builds up in your body if you have too many toxins and inflammation in your body. By complementing other acetaldehyde reducing agents such as iodine, sulfur, B-vitamins, Vitamin D w/calcium, magnesium and essential fatty acids such as cod liver oil, you will reduce the amount of lactic acid and subsequent acetaldehyde in your body. The body can regulate the minerals just fine provided you have adequate water intake and renal function. Study how cancer works for awhile and it opens a whole new dimension on health. Inflammation leads to lactic acid build-up which leads to acetaldehyde. Let this alcohol stay in your body long enough and you get cysts, arthritis, and then cancer. You can avoid things that react with acetaldehyde and get no headaches, but you are not doing yourself any favors in the long term. Hope this helps. Here is a chart BTW http://www.c-f-c.com/charts/chemchart.htm showing sodium reacts with acids (lactic acid) and metals(heavy metal toxins). It is also common for older people to accumulate copper in their brains as they get older and is believed to be one of the causes for senility and alzheimers. Sulfur/MSM is one way to get rid of this-and your headaches.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:56 am

teacup wrote:
- If plant/animal salt is more bio-available, is it better to get my salt and minerals from them?
- Is rock/sea/crystal unrefined salt harmful? (I'm not talking about contamination with heavy metals as in pink himalayan salt)
- Should I only consume Wright Salt then?
- How could I convert unrefined sea salt (Celtic) or Real Salt into being bio-available?
- Does mixing salt in tea change anything about the salt's bio-availability?
1. Yes but you can't get all the minerals that are in mined salt from plants
2. No and pink himalayan is not contaminated
3. The only advancement of wright salt is that it has potassium and other minerals added to it. If you take a potassium supplement etc. you shouldn't need it. All the trace minerals are not present in wright salt
4. It already is, but you can charge it with a little current(in a water solution)
5. No idea, but my guess is no. Drinking water and salt is important for those people in the dessert to maintain hydration. The butter/fat is for energy

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:26 am

Some Himalayan salts are bio-available, others are not. Wright salt is active, because it contains a ligand.

Ever wonder why we using sodium IV's in the hospital? It's to treat dehydration. People can die without enough salt.
Oxygen first, then dehydration, then death (first and second causes of death).

Without salt, we're dead. It’s an essential nutrient, because the body cannot make it; it's a key element in the fluids that transport oxygen throughout the body--it essentially keeps fluid balance.

Yes, some plants contain sodium, some more than others.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:39 am

Thanks CS,
Does gut bacteria convert salt into bio-available forms as one commenter said (in my previous post)?

What about the Gerson cancer therapy that calls for no salt at all, why would salt be bad for cancer patients?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:50 am

Salt is good for cancer, but sodium make cancers swell up, which is problematic if cancer is in a delicate area like the brain. Potassium chloride has the same effect on cancer but without the swelling.

Newport wrote about this, maybe do a search for "gerson salt" on curezone!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down