Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Iron Overload (Too Much Iron in the Blood

4 posters

Go down

Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood Empty Iron Overload (Too Much Iron in the Blood

Post  Autonomic Balance Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Just got my blood work back and my Total iron Binding Capacity(TIBC) was low and my Transferring %Saturation was high....

Any suggestions on how to remove excess Iron from the body?

Also read something about Hemochromatosis that fits this profile but not jumping to that conclusion.

Autonomic Balance

Back to top Go down

Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood Empty Re: Iron Overload (Too Much Iron in the Blood

Post  tooyoung Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:58 pm

http://healthyfixx.com/28/donate-blood-for-your-health

Quote from CS:
And the 'iron chelating-effect' of IP-6 is not totally accurate, but it does prevent the iron oxidation effects of iron. Lipoic acid /w ALCAR is more effective than IP-6 on iron IME.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Iron Overload  (Too Much Iron in the Blood Empty Re: Iron Overload (Too Much Iron in the Blood

Post  a<r Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:16 pm

Blood Letting is another option as well, a much cheaper one, one of the world's oldest remedies.
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Autonomic Balance Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:14 am

Thanks I'll check all that stuff out.....

The other thing to note is that my Iron count is within range according to Sonora QuestLab Report....My Iron lab result is 155 and the range is 40-190....

so the TIBC (Low) and Trnsferrin % Saturation(High) lab results is what makes this a bit confusing.

how does one have in range Iron results but unbalanced TIBC and %Saturation.....??...weird...

Autonomic Balance

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 am

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=912685#i
IP6 attaches to heavy metals such as mercury, lead and cadmium, as well as loose iron, copper and calcium. [J Agriculture Food Chemistry 47: 4714-17, 999] IP6 is a selective chelator -- it does not attach to potassium, sodium or magnesium, important electrolyte minerals required for heart rhythm. IP6 does not remove calcium from bones or iron from red blood cells. Once chelated (attached), these excess minerals are excreted via the urinary tract. [Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 35:495-508, 1995]

While nutritionists have been taught that IP6 in whole grains and seeds suppress the bioavailability of minerals, when IP6 was added to the diet of mice it did not affect their absorption of iron or calcium. [Journal Nutrition 114: 1192-98, 1984; Journal Nutrition 111: 841-47, 1981] Another study concluded that IP6 has no negative effects on mineral status and that adequate amounts in the diet are “remarkable and must be favorably considered.” [J Trace Element Med Biology15:221-8, 2001]

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down