Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Warrior diet and training supplements EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Warrior diet and training supplements

5 posters

Go down

Warrior diet and training supplements Empty Warrior diet and training supplements

Post  berti Sat May 07, 2011 8:01 am

I have been on the warrior diet for a couple of months now and am really happy with the results. I have never been leaner and as a keen climber operating at a reasonable standard this is very important to me.

The only problem I am having with this approach to eating is that I work offshore for 2 weeks of every month and while I'm there I can only eat or train at designated times. This means I have to train on my lunch break and not just prior to my evening meal as I would like. At the moment I have a few handfuls of nuts or a peice of fruit after training but think I could do with something more.

I am considering either an organic whey protein like this

http://www.red23.co.uk/ImmunoPro-Rx-300g_p_75.html

or a meal supplement like this

http://www.red23.co.uk/LivingFuel-Rx-Super-Berry_p_379.html

or

http://www.evolutionorganics.co.uk/the-ultimate-meal/product

I would appreciate any advice from anyone else who uses similar products as I have never used supplements before and am unsure of which would be best for me with regards to sticking to the warrior diets daytime undereating phase and also avoiding gaining excess muscle bulk.

Cheers

Berti~

berti

Back to top Go down

Warrior diet and training supplements Empty Re: Warrior diet and training supplements

Post  isis Sat May 07, 2011 8:09 am

hey berti,

how does the warrior diet look like? thought about buying the book. Is it worth it?

best

isis

Back to top Go down

Warrior diet and training supplements Empty Re: Warrior diet and training supplements

Post  berti Sat May 07, 2011 8:19 am

I was sceptical at first as it goes against everything I had ever heard about nutrition but I'm very happy with it and would recommend it.

All the basic info is available on the website

http://www.warriordiet.com/

If it sounds like something you're interested and you would like to know the ins and outs you can buy the book then, I got it on Amazon for £6.

Hope this helps

Berti~

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  lambyjay Sat May 07, 2011 8:41 am

the ultimate meal definateley looks like a good option for general all around health ( i know someone here - cant remember who - is always going on about it). Only you can get quite a bit cheaper on iherb.

http://www.iherb.com/The-Ultimate-Life-The-Ultimate-Meal-1200-g-30-Meals/8373?at=0

In terms of the warrior diet, i dont really think the book is necessary. I read it and to be honest the info is sub-standard to what you can get out there. I know Ori Hofmekler knows a lot more than what he displays in his book. This are interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHgOaEiZxY0

and there are a good few other videos on youtube where you can get most of his info and on his website.

http://www.warriordiet.com/

The warrior diet is definatley good for some people but i was just way too hungry to go do a heavy workout and ended up eating like 3000 calories in the space of an hour which was not good toward my hair.

But i would definately recommend trying it, it could be for you.
For me the best thing before/after a workout / for breakfast is a couple of raw eggs as its cheaper than whey (plus i get reactions from whey) or stock up on cottage cheese if dairy is fine with you or try ricotta cheese if you dont mind the fat (its actually cheese made from the whey i believe!)
And also keep the fruit up after your workout!!

lambyjay

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Sat May 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Thanks for that lambyjay! I was swaying towards the meal replacement supplements as I am not looking to put on bulk so was worried about using the whey.

While I'm at home I do get all the protein etc I need just from food but while at work I don't have access to cottage cheese or raw eggs as and when I need them, also even if I did have access to them they would be of very poor quality so it's got to be a supplement.

Cheers for the tip for iHerb too, we've got to watch out for import tax but I'll have a look it may still work out cheaper.

The warrior diet has really worked out for me. I can now climb all day without any of the energy crashes I used to get from snacking or lunch. I have the odd handful of nuts/ seeds and raw carrots or fruit throughout the day. I was worried I would fade as the day went on as my sport is mainly an anaerobic activity but I don't! I haven't noticed any negative effect on my hair from the big meal at night yet but I'll keep an eye on it. Again though it's only at work this is a problem for me, I'm forced to eat when I'm told so I have to squeeze in all my eating for the day in one sitting. At home I eat over a 2-3 hour period in the evening.

Bert~

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun May 08, 2011 11:13 am

Berti,

My eating habits are very similar to yours.

The ultimate Meal is very good and goes beyond meal replacement in that it will actually detox you a bit and will also promote proper intestinal flora. The protein in it is not enough to add muscle--I actually add protein to it.

Basically I am doing the ultimate meal and soy protein by day--soy protein for me balances hormones--with some low fat snacks. And lately at night vegetable lasagna--ricotta is quite a muscle builder--and a raw kale salad.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Sun May 08, 2011 2:04 pm

I tried the warrior diet for about 9 months, i dont recommend it if youre already lean and looking to gain mass at the gym. I struggled to maintain my normal body weight. Look in to scott abel if you want to get bigger, bunch of vids on youtube about working out and diet.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  berti Sun May 08, 2011 8:31 pm

Hey Gibson, cheers for that! I was thinking that perhaps because of the poor quality of the food available to me at work that I should use a protein supplement straight after the gym at lunchtime to aid recovery, then use the ultimate meal at nightime maybe 2 hours before we have our evening meal allowing me to eat less of the sub standard food without starving myself, what do you think?

Hey Elan, not looking to put on bulk as strength to weight is critical to me but I do want to maintain the muscle that I have and grow stronger!! Do you use a whey protein supplement like I mentioned in my original post? Is it the right product for what I'm after?

Thanks

Berti~

berti

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue May 10, 2011 2:57 am

berti--

Not really sure what's the best way to go. I'm not a huge fan of whey as I've found it to not be great for my hair, but it definitely adds strength. Sun warrior brown rice protein has a similar effect as whey, which you wouldn't expect from a vegetarian protein: it seems to raise igf, or have some sort of growth factor, as well. That said, I've had some whey powders that have caused a lot of inflammation, not sure exactly why.

Personally, I like using the ultimate meal during the day with some protein powder added, as I mentioned I am using soy protein currently, which isn't suitable for most and is a slow acting protein. That said, I tend to binge at night--beer chips--so I might actually get on fine with if we swapped places.

Hopefully, you can get some sample packs of protein powders.

Off topic, if you get a chance, try pteromax. I've found it to be the single best supplement I have ever taken for boosting endurance and performance. The best part is that it works without seemingly stimulating anything: you just feel great.

Elan--

Like berti, I don't want too much muscle mass. I value calastenic strength.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down