Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Overmineralization theory of aging EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Overmineralization theory of aging

+2
Amaranthaceae
CausticSymmetry
6 posters

Go down

Overmineralization theory of aging Empty Overmineralization theory of aging

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:11 pm

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/longevinex/35829/

When I first heard of this theory, it made a lot of sense. The above link is an 8 minute video on the subject.

Yes it is an advertisement for a resveratrol product.

I believe overmineralization goes far beyond the scope of the video, since only dietary minerals are discussed.

Mercury, Lead, Cadmium are also major threats.

Other than resveratrol, IP6, Quercetin, there is also Lipoic acid.

Adv Drug Deliv Rev. 2008 Oct-Nov;60(13-14):1463-70. Epub 2008 Jul 4.
Lipoic acid as an anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective treatment for Alzheimer's disease.
Maczurek A, Hager K, Kenklies M, Sharman M, Martins R, Engel J, Carlson DA, Münch G.

Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney, Australia.

Alzheimer's disease (AD) is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that destroys patient memory and cognition, communication ability with the social environment and the ability to carry out daily activities. Despite extensive research into the pathogenesis of AD, a neuroprotective treatment - particularly for the early stages of disease - remains unavailable for clinical use. In this review, we advance the suggestion that lipoic acid (LA) may fulfil this therapeutic need. A naturally occurring cofactor for the mitochondrial enzymes pyruvate dehydrogenase and alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase, LA has been shown to have a variety of properties which can interfere with the pathogenesis or progression of AD. For example, LA increases acetylcholine (ACh) production by activation of choline acetyltransferase and increases glucose uptake, thus supplying more acetyl-CoA for the production of ACh. LA chelates redox-active transition metals, thus inhibiting the formation of hydroxyl radicals and also scavenges reactive oxygen species (ROS), thereby increasing the levels of reduced glutathione. In addition, LA down-regulates the expression of redox-sensitive pro-inflammatory proteins including TNF and inducible nitric oxide synthase. Furthermore, LA can scavenge lipid peroxidation products such as hydroxynonenal and acrolein. In human plasma, LA exists in an equilibrium of free and plasma protein bound form. Up to 150 muM, it is bound completely, most likely binding to high affinity fatty acid sites on human serum albumin, suggesting that one large dose rather than continuous low doses (as provided by "slow release" LA) will be beneficial for delivery of LA to the brain. Evidence for a clinical benefit for LA in dementia is yet limited. There are only two published studies, in which 600 mg LA was given daily to 43 patients with AD (receiving a standard treatment with choline-esterase inhibitors) in an open-label study over an observation period of up to 48 months. Whereas the improvement in patients with moderate dementia was not significant, the disease progressed extremely slowly (change in ADAScog: 1.2 points=year, MMSE: -0.6 points=year) in patients with mild dementia (ADAScog<15). Data from cell culture and animal models suggest that LA could be combined with nutraceuticals such as curcumin, (-)-epigallocatechin gallate (from green tea) and docosahexaenoic acid (from fish oil) to synergistically decrease oxidative stress, inflammation, Abeta levels and Abeta plaque load and thus provide a combined benefit in the treatment of AD.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Overmineralization theory of aging Empty Re: Overmineralization theory of aging

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:02 pm

IH, Flaxseeds has a tendency towards accumulating Cadmium in amounts that exceed maximum for food sources. I dont think longterm use of flax is wise for this reason.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:39 am

I saw the video, and have been checking out Dr. Sardi's work ever since I heard him discussing the FDA on a patriot/conspiracy radio show (infowars.com).

I don't know a lot about the science behind overmineralization but one problem I see with it that can be proven with my own eyes is this: Why is it women's looks drop like a rock once they hit their late 20's? If the overmineralization theory is true, then women should have their full sexual attractiveness all the way to their 40's, since around age 40 is when they start to accumulate metals.

Men, on the other hand, seem like they retain their looks much longer than women. Go to myspace or a free online dating site and see for yourself. Do a search and compare 20-25 year old women to 30-35 year old women. Then do the same thing for men. If you ignore the hair loss, the men in their 20's look almost identical in age to the men in their 30's. Wheras the women have gained wrinkles and other signs of aging in less than 10 years. Also, take into account women are probably using makeup to hide signs of aging in their pictures, and only using pictures with the best lighting and angles.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:34 am

I think this issue is more acute with Caucasian western socitiey - if you step outside a bit and even goto as close as Italy - you will find this rock theory after 20 may not be that valid. Now I do not have any scientifica data to back this up, but there are many countries where women do retain their youthfulnees much longer than say US or Britain.....

Now I have may have over generalized this, try to compare this to let's say meditararean society, even middle east - and you may find some what of a different answer.

Environment + Diet + Stress --> you drop like a rock....

Espio wrote:I saw the video, and have been checking out Dr. Sardi's work ever since I heard him discussing the FDA on a patriot/conspiracy radio show (infowars.com).

I don't know a lot about the science behind overmineralization but one problem I see with it that can be proven with my own eyes is this: Why is it women's looks drop like a rock once they hit their late 20's? If the overmineralization theory is true, then women should have their full sexual attractiveness all the way to their 40's, since around age 40 is when they start to accumulate metals.

Men, on the other hand, seem like they retain their looks much longer than women. Go to myspace or a free online dating site and see for yourself. Do a search and compare 20-25 year old women to 30-35 year old women. Then do the same thing for men. If you ignore the hair loss, the men in their 20's look almost identical in age to the men in their 30's. Wheras the women have gained wrinkles and other signs of aging in less than 10 years. Also, take into account women are probably using makeup to hide signs of aging in their pictures, and only using pictures with the best lighting and angles.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:39 pm

What about osteoporosis?

Why would women (and men) develop this disease if their were this overabundance of calcium in the body?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Espio - Women have considerably more estrogen receptors in their skin than men do, so as hormone levels of good estrogens drop, their collagen breaks down. The contrary is true for xenoestrogens which increase collagen breakdown.

Hormone decline equals aging, but what is behind the drop in hormones might be the best question.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:48 pm

scottyc33 - Osteoporosis is a disease that is related to several factors. Without enough Vitamin D, Magnesium, Vitamin K2, Omega-3 fatty acids and some others, calcium ends up in the wrong places, such as soft tissue, joints, spurs and arteries.

Poor glucose metabolism is a major contributor to osteoporosis. One third of bone is made up of protein, so without proper stomach acid (which often drops after the age of 50), there is less protein, and therefore less bone density.

Last but not least, proper vibration (via walking moving, and lifting), signals bone building, so if one is at a nursing home, not getting any sun, taking petrochemical drugs, eating the standard omega-3 deficient diet with practically no magnesium left in the soil, but yet takes an over advertised calcium supplement, their bones will only get worse.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:02 pm

CS - thanks, you are a wealth of knowledge.

You should write a book. I'd buy it.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Overmineralization theory of aging Empty Interesting video

Post  brianf Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:19 pm

I saw the video. Very interesting and informative. I wouldn't take that stuff though. I don't know about you, but I want my minerals in my body. the good ones anyway. Because when flushing out the bad ones, I'm sure the good ones are gonna come out too. For example, when you go for chelation therapy, you have to also take a vitamin and mineral drip with it, because chelation gets rid of everything.

I wouldn't worry about the minerals that you get from organic plant matter such as fruits or veggies or herbs. Or even from clean meats, and fish. I have no problem with ionic minerals, except that you obviously aren't gonna get them in perfect balance the way that you would from say wheatgrass, or spinach, or sea vegetables, or something natural. Most of the minerals that our bodies are overloaded with, are crushed rock that we take in our multi vitamins. Or that are added to our milk, or juice after pasteurization. Or that get fed to animals.

I'm of course not including the fact that fish have mercury in them, or that we take in toxic cadmium or lead or other toxins through pollution. Im just talking about food. assuming that we are eating the healthiest possible food that we can.

Our bodies don't have the ability to break down minerals small enough for us to absorb. But plants do. In a perfect world, when the animals eat the plants, and we eat the animals we get the minerals the way we should. And our bodies break them down, and uses what it needs and we urinate out the rest.

But yes, most people today, especially Americans, eat way too much food. Even the people who eat healthy. Food is much more available to us today than it was prior to the industrial revolution.

But as far as aging goes, I'm riding much more on the oxidation theory, or the hormone imbalance, or shortage of hormone theory. As far as the body breaking down and wearing and tearing theory, I believe if we have enough HGH, or Testosterone, and have a perfect balance of hormones, I think at the very least, it would take well over 100 years for our bodies to break down.

brianf

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:03 pm

This presented theory of course is not complete. Lack of some minerals and other nutrients has a lot to do with some mineral excesses.

Diabetics for example have too little magnesium, chromium, vanadium, manganese, and zinc, yet they have trouble ridding excess copper.

Osteoporosis is partly a mismanagement of calcium, rather than too little.

Selenium deficiency increases copper toxicity.

Hormones and stress can affect various minerals and of course vitamins.

Many free radicals are produced by excesses of certain minerals.

Lithium and Iodine can help rid Fluoride bromide.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Here is a review of Iron and Copper Toxicity in Diseases of Aging.

http://www.ebmonline.org/cgi/content/full/232/2/323
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Overmineralization theory of aging Empty Not My Theory

Post  brianf Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:02 pm

It isn't my theory dude. Its Organic Chemistry 101. I didn't just cram for it. I actually showed up for class. Google it. You might find it to be an interesting, and very basic topic, that is often overlooked by even the most experienced physicians, and nutritionists.

Your cells know exactly what to do with minerals, and know just how to absorb them, and know just how to get rid of the excess, when the minerals come from real foods. Plant foods in particular. The over mineralization that you speak of is certainly not the minerals that come from plant foods. It's the minerals that come from lab made pills that we supposedly are lacking, that over mineralize us. Among many other things.

Take Iron for example. A person could die from an iron deficiency, but yet be totally toxic from iron poisoning. Why? Because the iron that they were consuming, was iron that came from a non plant source. Probably because their doctor told them that they were iron deficient, and they went and bought centrum, or some other toxic pill, and just continued to accumulate toxic iron that their bodies couldn't handle, because at the cellular level, the particles were too large to break down. The body reacted by storing it as a toxin, and not ridding it. That is basically how it happens.

But nature is never wrong until we interfere with it. My only point I was making was that from a nutritious diet, we don't over mineralize.

brianf

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down