Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Smoking and hairloss EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Smoking and hairloss EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Smoking and hairloss EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Smoking and hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Smoking and hairloss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Smoking and hairloss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Smoking and hairloss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Smoking and hairloss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Smoking and hairloss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Smoking and hairloss

+6
pancacke
Mastery
Nocturnalhorse
sethsync
crincrin
Stoke10
10 posters

Go down

Smoking and hairloss Empty Smoking and hairloss

Post  Stoke10 Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 am

Have been battling the cigarettes for many years now and often wondered about the impact to my hair. I keep it down to 5 or 6 a day now but from my own research and experience it now seems pointless in maintaining a strict diet, inch perfect supplementation if you blow it all on the smokes.

http://www.surviving-hairloss.com/Smoking_and_Hair_Loss.html

Stoke10

Back to top Go down

Smoking and hairloss Empty Re: Smoking and hairloss

Post  crincrin Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:08 am

Double the risk of severe MPB if you're a smoker

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/143/11/1401

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Smoking and hairloss Empty to smoke or not?

Post  sethsync Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 am

Hi,

I was going to respond with some anecdotal evidence of my own but I did some searching of this forum first. This topic seems to be covered pretty thoroughly in previous threads. Prague and others have some interesting things to say...

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t815-since-nicotine-is-an-aromatase-inhibitor

Here is the anecdotal evidence anyway...

The biggest smoker I know: His skin looks like shit. His hair is quite nice though, some age appropriate temple action.

I have smoked for about 20 years. Sometimes more sometimes less For almost the same amount of time I have smoked pot, almost everyday. Now i usually smoke 5 or less cigarettes a day mostly in the evening and a bowl (pretty small amount) of pot to match. So no excess there. There was a year break from the pot during grad school a few years ago. I am quite active, very thin but muscular, 6'1" tall and currently age 35. Most people think I am in my mid to late 20s.

Up until about a year and a half ago I had long hair down to the middle of my back and some minor thinning of the center area above my forehead (hardly noticeable). I have had a smattering of gray hair on the sides of my head (that seem to come and go) since my late 20s. I had more hair than most of the women I know. I could grow my hair this long from a buzz to this length in less than 2 years. More recently (Last year) I have ran into much thinning, slowed growth and recession.

Sorry for the length...
Smoking is most likely not good for me or you. But like most things, moderation is probably key. I think quitting drinking beer has had better and quickly noticeable benefits for me, over anything so far.

For what it is worth,
Seth

sethsync

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02 am

CS had mentioned earlier that it is ok till the time it is around two a day..more than that all hell breaks loose, lol.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  sethsync Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 am

Two cigs, or two beers?

sethsync

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:05 am

sethsync wrote:Two cigs, or two beers?

Two cigs!! Having said that how many people do you know who can just stick to two a day??? Beer is outta question. I finally gave in and had two Sam Adams on new year's eve and ended up getting severe itching on my scalp the very next day.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:48 pm

2 beers leading to itch = FUNGUS. No question about it.

Easy to beat, if you have the discipline.

Niacinamide, biotin & others will help, but not as much as cutting out al sugar.

Replace sugar with blow jobs.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:49 pm

Mastery wrote: 2 beers leading to itch = FUNGUS. No question about it.

Easy to beat, if you have the discipline.

Niacinamide, biotin & others will help, but not as much as cutting out al sugar.

Replace sugar with blow jobs.

M

I quit beer long ago. These days the only drinks I have is red wine, Bragg's apple cider vinegar. I don't even have the urge to have beer anymore. Smoking is kind of hard to quit which has always been my on and off habit. I don't know why but I get these strong pangs in the beginning of fall through winter to smoke. Although I just smoke 2-3 a day going cold turkey would be even better.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:51 pm

here's a trick you can try - it works. whenever you want a cigarette have one, but without the cigarette. Trust me on this.... itworks I learned it from Tony Robbins.

So first shut your eyes and put the imaginary cigarrete to your lips, throw your head back a little, relax and take a SLOW, slow, long, long deep drag and feel how fri**in wonderful it feels.

Then repeat very slowly with eyes shut maybe 5 times.

If you act it well enough you will feel like 95% of the relaxation effect of a cigarette - without the nicotine et al.

M

Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  sethsync Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:07 pm

I think that if the smoking is relaxing, helps to wind down, etc. It is not so horrible. Yes It may have been better never to start. I think going cold turkey on anything you have done for a long time can upset balance. Unless you get an obvious sign it is time to stop. With the pot... I started getting paranoid and I was way to busy to even enjoy it (I enjoyed sleeping much more) so it was out, pretty much cold turkey. When I got back into it, it was a slow progression.

It took this website to connect the dots to the beer and possibly gluten in general.
What is it about beer that feeds the fungus? I suppose i could look it up but...

Thanks,
Seth

sethsync

Back to top Go down

Post  sethsync Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Mastery,

Good idea. A large part of smoking is the physical habit.

Seth

sethsync

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm

thanks it works too - just try it.

All the pleasure without the chemcials.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  sethsync Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:25 pm

It took this website to connect the dots to the beer and possibly gluten in general.
What is it about beer that feeds the fungus? I suppose i could look it up but...

Seth

sethsync

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Beer - fungus?

It's made of it!!! Well, I'm exaggerating - but sugar, fermented grains - BINGO...!

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:44 am

CS,
Is it possible to develop or worsen lung cancer with smoking even if you supplement with enough iodine and selenium? I heard lung cancer is always caused by selenium deficiency...

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Packet cigs are totally fucked for your health, even one a day will be a detriment, there are soo many chemicals and god knows what in them that its no wonder people get cancer.

Though if you wanted to smoke a bit of pure organic tobacco in a pipe once or twice a day, you'd be totally fine if you were in great health to begin with.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dental Care Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Hello everyone! good idea.........

Dental Care

http://www.dentalcaredelhi.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:39 am

Unfortunatly there is no real organic tobacco available, at least none of the comercially sold ones Sad

Thumbs up for the pipe smoking! Paper and filters are often overlooked, especially filters are a problem in my opinion....activated carbon is good though

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:30 pm

yes it's possible.....

Back to top Go down

Smoking and hairloss Empty Smoking and hairloss

Post  peterpiper1987 Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Actually I am chain smoker, every day I have smoke more then 20 Cigarette. really Its effect on hair losing. Actually Nicotine causes an increase in adrenaline which in turn increases blood pressure and suddenly makes the heart beat faster. In other hand Smoking produces carbon monoxide which inhibits the blood's capacity to carry oxygen, That all effect on hair. Rally our smoking habit affects the look and smell of your hair, it can also make your hair break off.

peterpiper1987

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:42 pm

I someked almost everything one can smoke and was battling this habit on n off since 10years. Smoking IMUnderstanding (note this isn't anything I've read somewhere, it's out of my head, so do not take for 100% sure) is of the same family as sugar consumption and alcohol consumption: it's body's urge to balance charges. Sugar and ethanol work the same way, they free one electrone, smoking on a different basis (replaces Oxygen in 2+ oxidative state by carbon monoxide being less oxidative and balancing charge of your body: all smokers know that in high ionized place (mountain, lake) your need of a cig drops tremendously

there's a difference between tobacco and cigarettes as Silverin pointed: cig is the worst form of smoking, pipe, cigar are much better and still one of my favourite habits, by mimicking acetylcholine and sticking to its receptors, it makes you smarter for a while (Einstein, most of my favourite artists were heavy smokers, Freud used to smoke a cigar without a stop all day long, he said Psychanlysis wouldn't exist without cigars, he was not able to work without it).

One of other habits i like is a good coffee - become a connaiseur, it's the best way not to fall into addictions (wine, tobacco, coffee - a connaiseur would't drink/smoke cheap stuff (prefers not to drink/smoke) but enjoys the harmony of tastes, odours (frequencies), a real symphony)

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 pm

Prague wrote:One of other habits i like is a good coffee - become a connaiseur, it's the best way not to fall into addictions (wine, tobacco, coffee - a connaiseur would't drink/smoke cheap stuff (prefers not to drink/smoke) but enjoys the harmony of tastes, odours (frequencies), a real symphony)

Totally second prague.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:39 pm

connaisseur or connoisseur - i knew americans write it differently but not the way i wrote it

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down