Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptyToday at 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Probiotics to "regrow" hair EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Probiotics to "regrow" hair

+4
fredounet
cee-low
bioticboy
teacup
8 posters

Go down

Probiotics to "regrow" hair Empty Probiotics to "regrow" hair

Post  teacup Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:47 pm

I just read the Psychology Today magazine and found an article by Tarah Knaresboro.. I quote

"A team of international researchers finds that use of specific probiotics not only greatly reduces stress related skin inflammation but transforms hair follicles to regrow hair."

What is that bacteria that transforms hair follicles?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Probiotics to "regrow" hair Empty Re: Probiotics to "regrow" hair

Post  teacup Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Exp Dermatol. 2010 May;19(5):401-5. Epub 2010 Jan 25.
Is there a 'gut-brain-skin axis'?

Arck P, Handjiski B, Hagen E, Pincus M, Bruenahl C, Bienenstock J, Paus R.

Center of Internal Medicine and Dermatology, Charité University Medicine Berlin, Berlin, Germany. petra.arck@charite.de
Abstract

Emerging evidence arising from interdisciplinary research supports the occurrence of communication axes between organs, such as the brain-gut or brain-skin axis. The latter is employed in response to stress challenge, along which neurogenic skin inflammation and hair growth inhibition is mediated. We now show that ingestion of a Lactobacillus strain in mice dampens stress-induced neurogenic skin inflammation and the hair growth inhibition. In conclusion, we are introducing a hypothesis, encouraged by our pilot observations and resting upon published prior evidence from the literature, which amalgamates previously proposed partial concepts into a new, unifying model, i.e. the gut-brain-skin axis. This concept suggests that modulation of the microbiome by deployment of probiotics can not only greatly reduce stress-induced neurogenic skin inflammation but even affect a very complex cutaneous phenomenon of (mini-) organ transformation, i.e. hair follicle cycling. These observations raise the intriguing prospect that feeding of just the right kind of bacteria can exert profound beneficial effects on skin homoeostasis, skin inflammation, hair growth and peripheral tissue responses to perceived stress.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20113345
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:29 pm

This has been a big part of my struggle, I definitely recommend reading LittleFighter's posts as they're a goldmine.

Back to top Go down

Post  bioticboy Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:13 am

Hi guys,

I've read a part of that paper and I came up with the strains of probiotics mentioned there.

1. L. Reuteri
2. L. Johnsonii
3. Bifidobacterium Longum

Has this already been discussed?
I'm currently on LA5 + BB12 PB daily drink to combat my hair thinning/diffusing besides building overall health. Now, I'm not even 10% educated on the uses/benefits of PB for hair as some of you here (LittleFighter is a goldmine no doubt!). If anyone would kindly contribute with their wisdom/opinions/suggestions on the above.

Thanks,
BB

bioticboy

Back to top Go down

Post  cee-low Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 am

Hey CS and Nid, here is your next product! Make it happen.

cee-low

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 am

Tried both: L. Reuteri L. Johnsonii

Noticed nothing, for the ones interested in Johnsonii, I found it in a L'oreal product (inneov).

But I think the article is very interesting, for another question.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  bioticboy Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:50 am

fredounet wrote:Tried both: L. Reuteri L. Johnsonii

Noticed nothing, for the ones interested in Johnsonii, I found it in a L'oreal product (inneov).

But I think the article is very interesting, for another question.

That sucks!
How long did you try these out before concluding fail? Also, how did you take it and what was your dosage?

PS: Who's CS and Nid? Rolling Eyes
Edit: Ah.. I smell sarcasm along-with some dip-shit.

bioticboy

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 am

2 months in yogourt form. What is interesting is that both species can set up in the stomach, that is why I chose them in the first place.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  bioticboy Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:18 pm

fredounet wrote:2 months in yogourt form. What is interesting is that both species can set up in the stomach, that is why I chose them in the first place.

2 months hmm.. that should have been adequate.
Although, the dose and time is clearly different for different people. Lot of it depends on the overall sensitivity (receptiveness) of the host. Some people report vellus from Minox in under a month whereas some take as long as 6 months.
What pattern are you? I'm sorta diffuse thinner. The density of hair on the "U" part of the head has HALVED! Crying or Very sad

bioticboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:11 pm

how many threads by littlefighter are there if more then one could we put them(or the key points at least) all into one kinda like some have done with CS in the past?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  bioticboy Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 am

Balthier wrote:how many threads by littlefighter are there if more then one could we put them(or the key points at least) all into one kinda like some have done with CS in the past?

That would be great! afro Mods?
Talkin bout LittleFighter, where you mate. Anything for us here? Razz

bioticboy

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:36 pm

I've been drinking Kombucha almost daily for a few years. It certainly feels good in my stomach. I can't say I achieved regrowth from that alone. Then again I don't even remember if the probiotics in this thread are in Kombucha. But someone also mentioned yogurt. I think kombucha has some of those found in yogurt

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:45 am

teacup on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:47 pm
I just read the Psychology Today magazine and found an article by Tarah Knaresboro.. I quote

"A team of international researchers finds that use of specific probiotics not only greatly reduces stress related skin inflammation but transforms hair follicles to regrow hair."

What is that bacteria that transforms hair follicles?

teacup - I just read the same article, it is extremely light on citations. Do you know which "team of international researchers" Knaresboro is referring to about because I'm searching and I can't find any related info on this team or their research. I'm assuming it's not the L. Paracasei probiotic study on scalp seborrhea.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Probiotics to "regrow" hair Empty Kombucha

Post  Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:19 am

Hi Duel, first time posting.

What is Kombucha? Is it a pro-biotic? Yogurt?
Are you seeing any regrowth and if so, what would you attribute it to?

Thanks,

strangeplace

duel_black wrote:I've been drinking Kombucha almost daily for a few years. It certainly feels good in my stomach. I can't say I achieved regrowth from that alone. Then again I don't even remember if the probiotics in this thread are in Kombucha. But someone also mentioned yogurt. I think kombucha has some of those found in yogurt

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:32 am

bioticboy--

I'm nid, and CS = CausticSymmetry, the founder of this forum and website (ImmortalHair.org). We created RejuvePlex together, and the supplement line that you see stickied at the top of the forum.

cee-low--

Actually, RejuvePlex contains probiotics. 5% of the blend is Marine Seakelp Bioferment, which is essentially a form of algae that is fermented by lactobacillius (may have misspelled that). Very powerful stuff, loaded with B vitamins and all sorts of goodies.

I'm also a huge proponent of Kombucha, though I have to get back on drinking it regularly. Go to http://www.KefirLady.com to learn more and order it. It's essentially a fermented drink that you make with a SCOBY (Kombucha Culture). It contains both prebiotics (that nourish probiotics and help them to flourish) and probiotics.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down