Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice

2 posters

Go down

Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice Empty Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice

Post  crincrin Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:04 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/nov/28/scientists-reverse-ageing-mice-humans

The ageing process is poorly understood, but scientists know it is caused by many factors. Highly reactive particles called free radicals are made naturally in the body and cause damage to cells, while smoking, ultraviolet light and other environmental factors contribute to ageing.

The Harvard group focused on a process called telomere shortening. Most cells in the body contain 23 pairs of chromosomes, which carry our DNA. At the ends of each chromosome is a protective cap called a telomere. Each time a cell divides, the telomeres are snipped shorter, until eventually they stop working and the cell dies or goes into a suspended state called "senescence". The process is behind much of the wear and tear associated with ageing.

At Harvard, they bred genetically manipulated mice that lacked an enzyme called telomerase that stops telomeres getting shorter. Without the enzyme, the mice aged prematurely and suffered ailments, including a poor sense of smell, smaller brain size, infertility and damaged intestines and spleens. But when DePinho gave the mice injections to reactivate the enzyme, it repaired the damaged tissues and reversed the signs of ageing.

"These were severely aged animals, but after a month of treatment they showed a substantial restoration, including the growth of new neurons in their brains," said DePinho.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice Empty Re: Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice

Post  tonyj Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 am

T.A. Science has been providing and selling their Teloemere extending nutrient, small molecule telomerase activator, now since 2007, I have not seen any feedback on their drug other than the testimonials on their website.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice Empty Re: Telomerase injections reverse aging in mice

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:49 am

I read this information and more on it last night and was tempted to post it... it is absolutely terrifying and needs to get destroyed as fast as possible and buried.

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:37 am

What do you mean?

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

I'll be as straightforward as I can regarding this, as I feel its very important.

This procedure, injection, product is bypassing the reasons why our body undergoes the aging process altogether, which has a major implication in something very important to our health ----> Whether or not we give two damns about understanding how to be healthy. We get the shot, we don't age, we continue the downward spiral.

Second, we can not simply fool nature like this, there will simply arise new more intelligent ways to thin the herd.

Third, who do you think is going to be in control of something like this? the desperate, poor, diseased and damned? No, the people who are going to abuse. Would anybody here want the people who keep this system corrupt to live another fifty, one hundred, two hundred years more screwing up the wealth distribution more?

Last but certainly not least, with what we now know about genetics and how we age and live and die, throwing something like this into the mix could have horrifying consequences. Hell, science can't agree on Vitamin D let alone the vast implications that this will have on the minuscule processes that govern life, nature will always find away.

That's my rant for the day, I hope my message is shared.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:35 pm

This touches upon a major topic that's been on my mind recently, with what is now understood about genetics, evolution and health, one can safely say that almost any deviation or shortcut is going to yield results that will be less than friendly. I don't think the fundamental laws that govern matter could really work in any other way to get to the base of it. It would be like having some big unbalanced chemical equation, it would fold in on itself somehow or just not come into reality.

This notion made me remember my favorite movie as a kid and recently I reread the book, Jurassic Park, do you remember Ian Malcom?

"....Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"

"I'll tell you the problem with the scientific power that you're using here: it didn't require any discipline to attain it. You read what others had done and you took the next step. You didn't earn the knowledge for yourselves, so you don't take any responsibility... for it. You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you sell it"

Don't you see the danger, John, inherent in what you're doing here? Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet's ever witnessed, yet you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun. If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, expands to new territory, and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:47 pm

Emphasis on the last sentence.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down