Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input?

+14
teacup
Amaranthaceae
elan164
scottyc33
DM5
Project: JS
The Natural
LittleFighter
CausticSymmetry
nidhogge
RobHealthMan
ubraj
Yanks
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? Empty Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input?

Post  Yanks Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:15 pm

So the possible issue with Vitamin D just letting pathogens pass by the immune system, and building up over time due to Vit D supplementation scares the hell out of me. So I'm thinking... What if we cycle Vit D and when we're on it (in the winter months for instance) we take intense action to cleanse? For instance, doing things like internal clay, colon cleanses, MCP, humifulvate, candida cleanses, ACV etc.

Would this work to allow the short term benefits of Vit D, and dismiss the long term downsides?? JDP?? CS?? Anyone?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? Empty Re: Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input?

Post  ubraj Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi Yanks. No reason to take a D3 supplement. The benefits of sun exposure is not D3 supplementation. Good info = http://mpkb.org/home/pathogenesis/vitamind#fn__11

A quote from link =

observational studies show that populations which avoid vitamin D consumption have naturally low levels of 25-D and remain healthy with such levels.

Healthy Chilean women – A study which tested the level of 25-D in 90 “healthy, ambulatory Chilean women” showed that 27% of the premenopausal and 60% of the postmenopausal women had 25-D levels under 20 ng/ml.6

Healthy Bangladeshi women – A study on healthy Bangladeshi women found that approximately 80% of the women had a level of 25-D under 16 ng/ml.7

Healthy Chinese infants – In a 1992 study, healthy full-term infants from China had serum concentrations of 25-D ranging from an average of 5 ng/ml to 14 ng/ml.8

If you still wish to take D3 supplementation would also recommend make sure get enough in co-factors which are boron, Vitamin A, Vitamin K2, magnesium and zinc. Most MPB sufferers are known to be low in magnesium and zinc. Don't know about the others.

If you're looking into detoxing your VDR receptors so to speak, while I use Rife, another alternative is Chanca Piedra and Iodine. Also, UVA beds as well. A quote from Newport

All food based and supps are unconverted D3, unconverted D3 is an immuno suppressant steroid.

The Sun in most can both create D3 and convert D3, the UVA beds will convert D3 but not create D3, the UVB beds will create and convert.

All assumes your receptors aren't completely plugged

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? Empty Re: Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input?

Post  RobHealthMan Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:40 pm

wow! this is what scares me on here at times...the conflicting information..between experts like jdp and CS.

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:27 pm

Shouldn't scare you; a little conflict brings about great knowledge and learning for every party involved! Smile

JDP--thoughts on the transdermal D3 cream idea? Keep in mind that this quote is referring to food-grade D3:

All food based and supps are unconverted D3, unconverted D3 is an immuno suppressant steroid.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:35 am

Yes, same... food grade transdermal cream = uncoverted D3. Meaning your liver, kidneys, etc. still needs to convert the 25 D to 1,25 D. We test 25 D levels and call that the standard even though 1,25 D is the active metabolite and what everyone is after. Testing 1,25 D is hard and many times inaccurate and thus why testing of 25 D.

"Under most normal conditions the serum level of 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D is constant throughout the year, due to tight biochemical regulation."

"The vitamin D status is usually assessed by measuring the level of the latter vitamin D derivative [25 D], rather than that of the presumably most active derivative 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D [1,25 D]."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19444938

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:00 am

Thanks guys! VEry imformative. So if I'm getting this right, sunlight doesn't necessarily increase 25-D, but converts it to 1,25 D? Or is it just a source of 1,25 D?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:37 am

JDP--

Eric (from Primordial Performance) created his hormonal topics based around the fact that we have enzymes that would convert the topical compounds right in the skin to the proper compound to be utilized by the body directly in the bloodstream. I wonder if this would be the case with D3 as well? I should mention that I'm asking for our transdermal product, and I should also mention that this is pharmaceutical-grade and not D3, so the quality is significantly different and higher.

Check this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsRvoZNDLSc

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:59 am

nidhogge wrote:Shouldn't scare you; a little conflict brings about great knowledge and learning for every party involved! Smile

JDP--thoughts on the transdermal D3 cream idea? Keep in mind that this quote is referring to food-grade D3:

so should we supp with 5000 iu D3?

thank!

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:48 am

There's always going to be a small subset of patients who will not respond to a specific nutrient because of problems.

I am seeing more research showing benefits of vitamin D3 supplementation that has been followed up.

For the majority of people reduced mortality from all causes.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/news.shtml

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi nid,

The transdermal is uncoverted. Weather it be transdermal cream, Mercola spray, D3 supplement they are all evil! Follow the money! Raising 25 D levels is not sun exposure. Forcing your body to do something nature did not intend. Also, correlation does not equal causation.

Don't know why people don't just use co-factors to raise 25 D levels.

Rather complicated subject which is impossible to post about. Most will come down with nonspecific health issues weather it be years or decades later... will come.

If I'm wrong, then everything I know regarding Rife would be false. I don't see this being possible though.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:09 pm

jdp701 wrote:Hi nid,

The transdermal is uncoverted. Weather it be transdermal cream, Mercola spray, D3 supplement they are all evil! Follow the money! Raising 25 D levels is not sun exposure. Forcing your body to do something nature did not intend. Also, correlation does not equal causation.

Don't know why people don't just use co-factors to raise 25 D levels.

Rather complicated subject which is impossible to post about. Most will come down with nonspecific health issues weather it be years or decades later... will come.

If I'm wrong, then everything I know regarding Rife would be false. I don't see this being possible though.

Like Fructoborate and Vitamin A (synergystic nutrient)
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 pm

Jdp--

Been doing some research on this over the past few days, and from what I've studied, it seems that D3 passes the liver regardless of what source you get it from. Sunlight, Transdermal, or Oral. Check out this diagram:

Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? VitDpathway

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:27 pm

jdp701 wrote:Rather complicated subject which is impossible to post about...If I'm wrong, then everything I know regarding Rife would be false. I don't see this being possible though.

And yet, you continue to make a case against vitamin D3 supplementation, using poor diction, reasoning, and manners. Your arrogance is surpassed only by your willful blindness (ignorance).

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:04 am

JDP - how has your experience and understanding of the the rife machine played into your current understanding of D3 supplementation as being negative? I know clues to that being true have come from many sources but how specifically from the world of rife? and sorry if you have answered this already I havent been able to find it..

The Natural - whoa, slow down. that is way too harsh. JDP has been one of the most generous and beneficial contributors on this forum not named Immortal Hair/Caustic Symmetry. I think everything JDP says should be evaluated respectfully. if you disagree that is one thing but lets hear the man out.. especially THIS man.

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:32 am

Project: JS wrote:The Natural - whoa, slow down. that is way too harsh. JDP has been one of the most generous and beneficial contributors on this forum not named Immortal Hair/Caustic Symmetry. I think everything JDP says should be evaluated respectfully. if you disagree that is one thing but lets hear the man out.. especially THIS man.

Project JS,

This is an old thread. I don't need to slow down. It appears that you need to catch up. Wink

Make use of the search function, and trace the origins of this discussion/debate (e.g. "Throw Away Your Vitamin D!"). Perhaps then, you will understand the prevailing mood here regarding JDP and his rants about vitamin D.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:41 am

I think maybe he took issue with how it was worded. I have never found JDP to be arrogant, in fact quite the opposite and definitely not blind. That was kinda rough.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:32 am

Please re-read the "Throw Away Your Vitamin D3!" thread. It speaks a lot to "arrogance" and "blindness."

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:16 pm

Project: JS wrote:JDP - how has your experience and understanding of the the rife machine played into your current understanding of D3 supplementation as being negative? I know clues to that being true have come from many sources but how specifically from the world of rife? and sorry if you have answered this already I havent been able to find it..

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Rife helped me understand one critical area how the immune system works... meaning when you feel like crap from a cold or flu it's the immune system at work. Stop/slow down immune system from working and won't notice this but eventually get non specific health issues. Really strong immune system makes you feel GREAT! Like a kid again.

Run scripts to remove buildup of Vitamin D3/D2 and will notice stronger immune system and also remove brown discoloration of skin.

D3 supplementation is as bad as mercury amalgams and vaccinations. Sure, D3 supplement will make you feel good by stopping inflammation but eventually catches up to you.

Some good quotes

The invention relates to pharmaceutical compositions comprising at least one Vitamin D derivative and a method of using the pharmaceutical compositions in suppressing immune responses.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/39800268/Immunosuppressive-Agents---Patent-4749710

Like fluoride, Vit D may cause increased absorbtion of lead, cadmium, aluminum, and cobalt; and radioactive isotopes such as strontium and cesium

Hypothyroid children have higher serum levels of both calcium and 1,25-dihydroxy-vitamin D3, while having lower levels of osteocalcin (Lauffer et al, 1993; Verrotti et al, 1998), while the opposite is reported in hyperthyroidism (Saggese et al, 1990). These levels normalize after thyroid status is corrected

http://www.poisonfluoride.com/pfpc/html/vit_d.html

CONTRAINDICATIONS
It is suggested that additional supplementation and/or intake of the following nutrients and food substitutes should be avoided
by the patient until re-evaluation.
* VITAMIN D *
Vitamin D and PABA are known to antagonize thyroid function and increase the absorption and retention of calcium.
Excessive vitamin D supplementation can contribute to a loss of potassium and suppress thyroid expression. The patient
should avoid sources of extra vitamin D and PABA, especially if a hypo-thyroid condition is present

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1727079#i

Abstract
Oral vitamin D supplementation has been introduced into modern medicine to prevent rickets without the knowledge that this may have profound immunological consequences. The main vitamin D metabolite calcitriol suppresses dendritic cell maturation and consecutive Th(1) cell development, which has independently described as a key mechanism of allergy development. Animal studies and epidemiological surveys now provide a first link of early vitamin D supplementation and later allergy where several vitamin D regulated genes seem to be involved. A randomized clinical trial of vitamin D supplementation could be a further step to follow up the vitamin hypothesis.

Of course, the studies try not be obvious about this, but, using a bit of logic, the conclusion is plain to see:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20211255

Topical creams containing the active form of vitamin D (1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3; 1,25(OH)2D3) or analogues of this compound are currently used with some success to treat skin conditions including psoriasis and vitiligo. As well as targeting inflammatory processes in the skin, topical application of 1,25(OH)2D3 also affects the function of immune cells in the skin and draining lymph nodes. Topically applied 1,25(OH)2D3 reduces the number of dendritic cells in the skin, resulting in suppressed immunity and in particular reduced contact hypersensitivity (CHS) responses. Topical 1,25(OH)2D3 may also promote the migration of dendritic cells from the skin to the draining lymph nodes. Skin application of 1,25(OH)2D3 prevented the inflammatory effects of UVB irradiation on lymph node hypertrophy, when cell numbers were examined 4 days after skin treatment. In contrast, when 1,25(OH)2D3 was applied to UVB irradiated skin, there was no reversal in the suppression of CHS responses caused by UVB irradiation. Instead, 1,25(OH)2D3 had an additive effect with UVB to suppress CHS responses to a greater degree than UVB alone. In these studies, 1,25(OH)2D3 was applied to the treated skin of BALB/c mice immediately following UVB irradiation. Finally, topical 1,25(OH)2D3 also enhanced the number and suppressive activity of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in the lymphatic tissue draining skin.

http://www.curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1727280#i

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D Issue... Possible Resolution? JDP, your input? Empty Professionals recommend vitamin D3 supplementation

Post  The Natural Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:26 pm

"FEBRUARY 01, 2008 - Four nutrition experts, including two Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN) scientists and two of the world’s pre-eminent vitamin D researchers, are urging the Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) to raise the vitamin D Tolerable Upper Intake Level (UL) five-fold, based on a safety evaluation of the latest scientific research. This research shows that vitamin D is safe at intake levels much higher than its current UL.

The paper, published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN) concludes the safety profile of vitamin d should safely permit raising the UL for vitamin D to 250ug (10,000IU) per day from the current UL of 50 ug (2,000IU) per day.

The researchers from Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto and Creighton University report that the UL established by the Food & Nutrition Board is outdated. It is not based on current evidence and is viewed by many in the scientific community as being too restrictive-limiting research, commercial development, and optimization of nutritional policy. They provided an ample collection of human clinical trial data published since the 1997 recommendation which supports a significantly higher dosage.

There has been an increased consumer interest in the nutrient following a number of recent studies showing benefits of vitamin D3 associated with levels beyond what is typically provided in a multivitamin and most fortified food.

Even the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently issued a proposed rule to allow the inclusion of vitamin D in approved calcium and osteoporosis health claims.

New data continues to emerge regarding the health benefits of vitamin D beyond its role in bone health. Vitamin D3 deficiency has been associated with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Diabetes, Cancer, Obesity, neuro-degenerative diseases, osteoporosis, depression, as well as others.

With the Skin Cancer scare and the avid use of sun block, Americans are not getting enough vitamin D3. We were meant to get a minimum of 20 minutes of sunlight in the nude daily. If this is not possible, then supplementation is in order.

Although many experts have been calling for a revision of the vitamin D UL in recent years, this study is the first to provide a quantitative basis and recommendation for an actual revised UL value. The absence of toxicity in the trials conducted in healthy adults that used a dose of 10,000 IU vitamin D3 supports the confident selection of this value as the UL.

With this new emerging research, stay tuned as many pain syndromes and chronic fatigue may be helped with this supplement. The safety of vitamin D which was demonstrated in these studies, should encourage the FNB to increase the UL for vitamin D in order to allow people the benefits of this wonderful nutrient."

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:40 am

What foods can you eat where you can find such high concetrations of Vitamin D?

I'm pretty sure the answer is - none.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:38 am

The Natural wrote:Please re-read the "Throw Away Your Vitamin D3!" thread. It speaks a lot to "arrogance" and "blindness."

You need to be a little more open minded to other opinions/view points/research. You probably would have thought the world was flat till the bitter end.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 am

that is great information JDP. I have been doing my own research and looking into what you have been saying on this for months now and I am essentially sold at this point that you are correct on this. and without getting over detailed I believe my own experience parallels this.

it seems the rife machine is in addition to being an awesome therapeutic device a great new tool for testing many things and I am excited for the possibilities that it allows. so naturally I am interested in any new understandings such as this one that it may bring to our view of health, supplements, etc. so JDP, keep letting us know of any new hings you guys in the rife world uncover - I for one will be happy to at least consider them!

(I plan on purchasing a rife machine as soon as I can save the money. without having tried it myself I am fairly convinced of its utility and its ability to achieve positive results even if the experts themselves are not quite settled on the theory behind it. it appears to be legit from everything I can tell and the results one can receive it are reproducible. I guess Ill find out for sure here in 3 or 4 months)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:18 am

The Natural wrote:Please re-read the "Throw Away Your Vitamin D3!" thread. It speaks a lot to "arrogance" and "blindness."

Fail.

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 am

elan164 wrote:You need to be a little more open minded to other opinions/view points/research. You probably would have thought the world was flat till the bitter end.

elan,

Are you sure that you want to put all of your faith in someone who does a three-month Internet study, and then tells you to throw away your vitamin D3.

Well then, by all means, have at it. I'd rather leave my health and well being in the hands of a professional (like CS).

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:44 am

action<reaction wrote:Fail.

Luke Skywalker, I presume. Wink

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next