Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Vitamin D Lamp EmptyYesterday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Vitamin D Lamp EmptyYesterday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Vitamin D Lamp EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Vitamin D Lamp EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Vitamin D Lamp EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Vitamin D Lamp EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Vitamin D Lamp EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Vitamin D Lamp EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Vitamin D Lamp EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Vitamin D Lamp

3 posters

Go down

Vitamin D Lamp Empty Vitamin D Lamp

Post  Fibonacci Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:09 pm

I live in the UK where we get very little sun. I am so convinced of the benefits of vitamin D that I looked at purchasing a vitamin D lamp. The only serious manufacturer appears to be Spert( www.sperti.com), however the lamps are very expensive, circa $425. I called Sperti to discuss the differences between Vit D lamps and non filtered standard sun lamps. They told me that whilst they have done some tests on the effectiveness of the Vit D lamps they havent done equivalent tests on sun lamps so couldnt say if a sun lamp would be as effective in terms of how much Vit D is absorbed. They speculated that you would get Vit D from a standard sun lamp but with the addition of tanning. They also commented that as we tan we absorb less Vit D, and that the Vit D lamps dont cause tanning, from which one can extrapolate that over time you would get more Vit D from a Vit D lamp than a sun lamp.
I was contemplating trying a sun lamp, maybe even using just on the scalp, but would that be bad for the scalp?
Is tanning the scalp a good or bad thing? Do sun lamps produce UVA and UVB? Do we want to avoid UVA or acclimatise to it( see IH article ' Battling Skin Ageing and winning' - in his daily topic-http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/1712836-battling-skin-aging-and-winning-)

The Good Ideas sun lamp, which is filtered is arounbf $70 and appears to be a safe alternative.(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Ideas-Sun-Lamp-605/dp/B000WQPHIC)

I am intrigued by the use of a lamp to supply Vit D, especially directly to the scalp so would appreciate any opinions or experiences you have.
Thanks
Fib

Fibonacci

Back to top Go down

Vitamin D Lamp Empty Re: Vitamin D Lamp

Post  Yanks Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:08 am

very curious here too... i was thining of going to tanning beds this winter to make up for the lack of sun. not to tan but to stay healthy. I'm wondering if that would work to keep vit D levels up since its not natural sunlight... also how dangerous they reallly are if your only doing a couple minutes here and there and never burning or even tanning so much
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 am

Vitamin D is made when UV (more precisely, UVB rays) react with a compound (7-dehydrocholesterol) in the skin. The best rays for UV synthesis have wavelengths between 270–300 nm. Maybe you need only a 6500K lamp.

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down