Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Other runners here? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Other runners here? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Other runners here? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Other runners here? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Other runners here? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Other runners here? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Other runners here? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Other runners here? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Other runners here? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Other runners here?

5 posters

Go down

Other runners here? Empty Other runners here?

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:24 pm

.. I like to find out, how other runners feel they benefit most from their running, especially with diet and
running style, flat foot, barefoot, heeled shoe? I run flat foot.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Other runners here? Empty Re: Other runners here?

Post  Nocturnalhorse Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:53 am

Well! ?Based on my personal experience...running has helped me in spades..

1 Made the process of quitting smoking much easier.
2 I notice increased recovery from my hard and heavy workouts.
3 Better body composition and increased stamina.
4 Marked difference in sexual performance. No kidding.
5 Improved skin tone and hair texture.
6 Clear mind, increased energy and sense of well being.

I generally run for anywhere between 3-4 miles 2-3 times a week. When I started off I used to run 6 days a week but since getting back into my strength training I have cut down the frequency to 2-3 times a week. Nothing more than 25 mins at a stretch.

Excess running can have a negative effect of hormonal levels causing a myriad of problems. This has been well documented by the likes of Charles Poliquin, Dr William Wong, Mike Mahler etc.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:58 am

As far as the diet is concerned I have more of a stone age, caveman diet with fatty cuts of meat, fowl with skin, fish and eggs. Plenty of cruciferous vegetables and marginal intake of fruits and nuts. I enjoy running both with shoes and barefoot although I use running shoes for most part.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:10 am

I used to be a runner / consumate cardio workout guy, and that was when I lost the most hair honestly. Upon reflection with the information I have now it absolutely makes sense, the chemical reactions that happen in ones body break down into acids very quickly, I won't be attempting anything like that again until I know entirely where my body stands in relation to being acidic.

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:34 am

cpio,

I'm training for my first Olympic style triathlon something I wanted to do before I turned 40 which is several years off still.

I don't run barefoot, but I have used the Vibram Five Fingers shoes/gloves for feet which are very nice to run in. Because I prefer trail running I still wear a shoe most of the time though. Something happens to me psychologically when I'm trail running and I get far more into it. I wear a New Balance 993 and a Asics Gel Kayano to run in.

I run 3x a week and I'm following a program to keep my distance to the 6.2 mile run I'll need to do for an Olympic triathlon. If I can finish the Olympic, I'm going to try to do a half Ironman triathlon which you run a 1/2 marathon in at the end. An Ironman you run a full marathon at the end. I'm not sure I would ever do that as marathon running is completely horrible for your body and breaks you down. The most I would ever consider doing was the 1/2 marathon.

I'm more of a cyclist by nature so the running part took some getting used to. I did the Couch Potato to 5k plan which worked very well for me and then did the bridge to 10k plan (you can get these online) and that has gone well.

The triathlon training has done wonders for my body and my spirit. I have not seen my hair loss increase while doing this either.

The one thing IH got me into awhile ago was the benefits of interval training. That helped me lose 70-80 pounds here with a better diet and supplements. All of that interval training pays off in the triathlon training I do.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:16 am

I have a little bit of hair shedding when I first started exercising the first month. The shedding may have to do more with the body getting accustomed to your workouts and the right amount of nutrients needed to support your training. But after a month or so no signs of shedding. I run 3 times a week, 7 miles maybe an hour to hour an hour and 10 minutes. Days I'm not running I'll use the stair climber or the versa climber for an hour. Then I'll lift weights in the evening. Hair appears better when I'm training, but that may have to do with my frequent showering.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:43 am

I'm a bit like action, I used to run distances quite regularly but no longer think it's a great idea. I now think intervals and even short sprints are the way to go. I felt great when I first did distances but over the years the feeling gradually diminished. I found an interesting article on this blog last week entitled, "Endurance Exercise and Metabolism":

[url=http://180degreehealth.blogspot.com/ ]http://180degreehealth.blogspot.com/ [/url]

As for hair, I've had one really had two loss periods in my life. One was towards the end of my distance running period. The second, horrible, preventable one was six months ago (still kind of ongoing) when I had a mercury filling drilled out by an irresponsible dentist. Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:01 pm

Any burden put on the body breaks down nutritional supplies into acid, and as an over acidic (not dietary issue, H+ issue) body can't handle these things the result is more minerals being pulled from the bones and muscles to alkalize the tissue: Calcification.

Exercise without proper body chemistry / H- balance is a very slow suicide, would you drive your cars past the point where the oil gauge hit zero?

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:33 pm

action<reaction wrote:Any burden put on the body breaks down nutritional supplies into acid, and as an over acidic (not dietary issue, H+ issue) body can't handle these things the result is more minerals being pulled from the bones and muscles to alkalize the tissue: Calcification.

Exercise without proper body chemistry / H- balance is a very slow suicide, would you drive your cars past the point where the oil gauge hit zero?

Should "any burden" not perhaps be replaced by "excessive burden"? I'm no expert but I'd suggest there are other factors to consider in the overall exercise "package". If appropriate exercise could improve bodily processes, for example by reducing fat, raising T, improving blood flow etc then there may be a net gain overall.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:39 pm

diffuse wrote:
action<reaction wrote:Any burden put on the body breaks down nutritional supplies into acid, and as an over acidic (not dietary issue, H+ issue) body can't handle these things the result is more minerals being pulled from the bones and muscles to alkalize the tissue: Calcification.

Should "any burden" not perhaps be replaced by "excessive burden"? I'm no expert but I'd suggest there are other factors to consider in the overall exercise "package". If appropriate exercise could improve bodily processes, for example by reducing fat, raising T, improving blood flow etc then there may be a net gain overall.

There may be, but I think we can agree that it would be an uphill battle compared to what exercise would be with a de-acidified body. Think of this for instance, the average life span for a non-athlete compared to the conventional athlete (there are exceptions) is almost 15 years greater at last count.

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:49 pm

action<reaction wrote:There may be, but I think we can agree that it would be an uphill battle compared to what exercise would be with a de-acidified body. Think of this for instance, the average life span for a non-athlete compared to the conventional athlete (there are exceptions) is almost 15 years greater at last count.

Well that would be the ideal, yes. So maybe the appropriate level of exercise depends on the extent of acidosis, rather than avoiding exercise altogether unless one is in perfect balance. Regarding athletes, if the figures are for professionals they would indeed tend towards the excessive (although it must be said - after-effects of drugs would account for some of the early deaths).

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:59 pm

diffuse wrote:
action<reaction wrote:There may be, but I think we can agree that it would be an uphill battle compared to what exercise would be with a de-acidified body. Think of this for instance, the average life span for a non-athlete compared to the conventional athlete (there are exceptions) is almost 15 years greater at last count.

Well that would be the ideal, yes. So maybe the appropriate level of exercise depends on the extent of acidosis, rather than avoiding exercise altogether unless one is in perfect balance. Regarding athletes, if the figures are for professionals they would indeed tend towards the excessive (although it must be said - after-effects of drugs would account for some of the early deaths).

Very true, there are many variables, but still there's plenty of drug users who aren't athletes too. I don't think exercise is bad, don't get me wrong I can't wait to get back into it myself! But I do want to forewarn you all, as I spend a lot of time researching why a lot of regimens / lifestyles which are associated with health could go horribly, horribly wrong. Hit the acidosis problem fist fellas, then mineralize, then you'll not only not do nearly as much damage to yourself but you'll get better workouts / training, and your recovery time will greatly benefit as well.

As far as I've come to understand, the real difference between a great athlete and a bad one is their recovery time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum