Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders?

5 posters

Go down

What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? Empty What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders?

Post  Mr. Clean Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:24 pm

What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders by the immune system?

http://www.doctorproctor.com/baldfaq.htm

* Immunological factors:

Microscopically, balding looks like organ rejection. Cells of your immune system clustor round the follicle base. Further, immune system cells normally cluster around the hair follicle.They may have a role in the normal hair cycle.

Organ rejection drugs ( e.g., cyclosporin ) reverse balding better than antiandrogens. This gives a rough indication of the relative importance of hormonal verses immunological factors in maintaining the balding state. Conversely, cyclosporin and similar agents may also have a "phenytoin-like" action on follicles, separate from their immunosuppressive properties.

Antibodies to hair follicles are also present in blood

Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? Empty Re: What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders?

Post  Guest Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:56 pm

It's more likely that the inflammatory immune response is directed at what's gathering around the hair follicle, and not the follicle itself, in the larger portion of average balding anyhow.

Back to top Go down

What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders? Empty Re: What causes scalp hair to be seen as foreign invaders?

Post  ubraj Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:06 am

Best to look for what causes autoimmune conditions. Last year found they can be controlled through diet.

"Many lectin related conditions may be considered to be 'autoimmune'."
http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

oxalates keep autoimmune condition going through exploding cell death. I've posted detailed info in past about both conditions.

With that said, the reason why diet works is due to pathogens.

"With this in mind, it is entirely possible that in autoimmune disease the antibodies are not being produced as antibodies to self but are instead being produced in reaction to these pathogens."

http://mpkb.org/home/publications/proal_autoimmunity_2010

Many autoimmune conditions are caused by T.Crassiceps (mercury problems) in something like 50% MMR vaccines. Also worth noting, thallium is a pollutant in mercury.

"Why Retroviruses Appear in... and Autoimmune Diseases"
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1572475

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:10 am

Malassezia-furfur!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:25 am

misterE wrote:Malassezia-furfur!

An effect of what's going on than an actual cause.

That's not to say fighting malassezia yeast won't give you hair loss benefits but you'll only go so far with it.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:37 am

Perhaps it is a type of bacteria or bug that thrives in a DHT rich environment that causes the over-immune response in the hair follicle cycling.
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:49 am

Mr. Clean wrote:Perhaps it is a type of bacteria or bug that thrives in a DHT rich environment that causes the over-immune response in the hair follicle cycling.

If this were the case anti-biotics would be a hair loss cure, but it's the opposite.

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:26 am

Bacteria and Fungus aren't causing AGA (they may cause hair loss but they are not the real problem.) Using Nizoral shampoo a few times a week will pretty much kill any bacteria/fungus on your scalp.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:27 am

action<reaction wrote:
Mr. Clean wrote:Perhaps it is a type of bacteria or bug that thrives in a DHT rich environment that causes the over-immune response in the hair follicle cycling.

If this were the case anti-biotics would be a hair loss cure, but it's the opposite.

Actually doxycycline does stop/slow down hair loss in certain patients with autoimmune related hair loss. When I first went into a derm he gave me doxycycline and Olux foam to treat my aggressive inflammation and it was working, but had side effects. He also put me on Rogaine foam and tried to get me on Propecia. I used the foam for 6 months before dropping it and I never filled the propecia script.

The problem with doxycycline is long term use causes major problems in the intestinal tract and has also made me prone to rosacea. I used to tan like an Italian God, now I step out in the sun and I'm burnt red. I was on Doryx for almost a year before I found IH and realized I could drop it for Ecklonia Cava and get similar results from a natural.

After dropping Doryx I had to do a strict candida cleanse that almost put me in hospital the herxheimer reaction was so strong.

I think I remember the suppression of MMP9 in Doxycycline helps with hair loss.

That said, don't go out and get it. You will only cause yourself future problems with long terms anti-biotic use.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Clean Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:40 pm

Baldness appears to be an inherited auto-immune disease. There is nothing healthy about going bald. Neutral
Mr. Clean
Mr. Clean

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:33 am

The fungus/yeast feeds of sebum. Sebum production is increased by free-insulin, free-IGF-1, free-testosterone and dietary-fats and decreased by IGFBPs, SHBG, free-estrogen, phytoestrogens and dietary-fiber. The Immune-system attacks the fungus with inflammation resulting in hair-loss.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:39 am

baller234 wrote:Bacteria and Fungus aren't causing AGA (they may cause hair loss but they are not the real problem.) Using Nizoral shampoo a few times a week will pretty much kill any bacteria/fungus on your scalp.

I completely disagree with this statement. I believe that sebum/fungus plays the most important role in baldness (besides low-SHBG).

Killing the fungus is very hard to do. Nizoral won't kill the fungus in a matter of weeks, more like years. This fungus is extremely small and multiplies very rapidly.

The best way to kill it is to starve them of their food: sebum, using the McDougall-diet (in my case), then throw-off the PH of the scalp to where they can't multiply(Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap), then use nizoral or other anti-fungals to directly attack the fungus.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down