Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Why do homeless people have hair? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why do homeless people have hair?

+8
brandnew
Lw
kindalo
MilBA
TheFunkyStumpfighter
LA-Night
CausticSymmetry
FireFist
12 posters

Go down

Why do homeless people have hair? Empty Why do homeless people have hair?

Post  FireFist Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:17 am

I am really really glad i found this forums.

People here are extremely intelligent and as i said before i would rather consult with CS/alot of you guys than any doctor in my city. But it seems to me that sometimes people just wont accept the fact they are simply... balding

Why do some homeless people have abnormally thick NW1 hair? they dont eat nor drink almost anything. they have alot of deficiencies. i bet EVERY homeless out there has magnesium deficiency, thyroid problems, ETC.

Why did my grandpa, rest in peace - who was in the holocaust passed away in his 80's with a pretty thick NW1 hair? he spent years running from the nazi's, not sleeping at night, not eating for days nor drinking sometimes, he got shot 3 times, had heart problems, and with all of that he had hair, he was about 88.

And to read that braces *might* *contribute* to hairloss just overwhelms me.
With that, i admit i may be wrong. perheps you guys know a lot more than me. but i really think we should point the efforts in a more reasonable way
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Why do homeless people have hair? Empty Re: Why do homeless people have hair?

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:41 am

FireFist - Right now the search function isn't working as it once did, but I can assure you that this topic has been mentioned a few times in the past. In fact, it seems to pop up on other forums also.

Bums do get more sun exposure than others, but really that's about all the protection they probably get if any. Or maybe consuming less food and getting more exercise than others.

But really, I believe the bald ones just cover their heads so we tend not to notice their hair as the ones with full heads of hair.

My father's dad had a full head of hair at age 51, he also died of a stroke.

My mother's father lived until his early 80's and began balding very early, either late teens or early twenties (I've actually never seen him, even in young pictures with a full head of hair).

Oxidative stress hits some areas of the body stronger than others. Vulnerability is in different areas.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 am

The NW1 homeless man archetype is perhaps a case of selective memory. For every memorable bum w/rock star locks, there's a slick bald homeless guy roughing it off the grid.

True, bums usually get lots of sunlight & have clean arteries. And yes, the alcohol probably helps some of them. But there are scores of balding homeless guys who go unnoticed. It's the bum with the thick biblical beard & long hair that gets all the attention.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:06 am

Yo guys

let me understand something, is sunlight good for skin/hair?
i was under the impression the sun is extremely harmfull to skin, making wrinkles and sun spots and etc, over time

LA - what do you mean alcohol helped them? isnt alcohol like...bad?
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:11 am

Skin cancer rates have exploded since the advent and proliferation of sunblock, definitely not coincidence. Excessive sun will burn you, yes, but sunlight in general is very important for your overall health. There's a pretty long vitamin d thread around here that would explain it much more in depth.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:33 am

I'm sorry, english is not my native tongue, but from what i gather - it seems you said that the spreading of sun block formulas have actually caused an increase in skin cancer.
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:01 am

FireFist - Yes this is correct. Whatever we put on our skin, we are effectively "eating" it. We absorb what it placed on our skin.

Many sun tan lotions or sun blocks only block vitamin D producing (UVB-rays), not the UVA rays that actually cause the damage. Also, many of the sun blocks contain cancer causing chemicals.

Deadly melanoma occurs in areas where the sun does not frequently shine. Melanoma rates are higher in areas where sunlight is less frequent.

Processed vegetable oils also contribute to skin cancer. Just as long as you do not stay in the sun after the skin turns red, the sun is very good.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 am

This is damn interesting.

However, you must acknowledge the fact that there are literally tens of thousands of dermatologists and other doctors that recommand sun screen. Most sunscreens i know, at least in israel block both UVA&UVB. You said sunlight exposure is good, but it does give you wrinkles and aging skin, so how do you balance out not putting on sunscreen and being out in the sun?

Also, i thought the epidermis layer is way too thick to be penetrated by what we put on our skin. Are you saying that if i take a shower, i am drinking water in a sense?

I just did some reading and it appears Sunlight is actually good for various scalp conditions, do you support that CS?

FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:46 am

FireFist - We do in fact absorb what is placed on our skin. Unfortunately, that includes fluoride in shower water. Yes some sun screens also inhibit UVA, but they are also blocking UVB, which helps produce vitamin D. Vitamin D is protective against UVA.

Certainty excessive sun exposure can cause wrinkling. Most of what I take for hair loss is highly protective against photo damage from the sun, especially ecklonia cava and krill oil.

Here's an old article I wrote on skin cancer.

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/1677634-worried-about-skin-cancer-

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:10 pm

To answer the original question,

It seems that people who aren't genetically predisposed to hair loss can do about anything and still hold onto their hair...have mercury fillings, eat horribly, smoke & drink, high stress, etc.

However, for us that are predisposed to hair loss, there are several factors which can contribute to or trigger hair loss.

It's like asking why does some guy who smoked two packs a day can live until he is 90 years old with every getting lung cancer, while someone else who smokes two packs a day gets cancer at 60 years old.

It's easy to be resentful or angry about how others can seem to live "irresponsible" lifestyles and not be affected by hair loss as we are, however through lifestyle, exercise, and nutrition choices we can influence the expression our genes through epigenetics.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  kindalo Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:59 pm

why do most homeless men have hair?thats simple.they dont eat all of this crap we americans eat on a daily basis.i used to wonder all of this myself,but not anymore it is diet that effects hair loss.they do not eat all of this frankenstein foods we eat from the grocery store and fast food restaurants.

kindalo

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:20 pm

So what do they eat? there are two options:

1- Nothing. which i believe you agree with me is much much worse than eating junk food.

2- Homeless people dont have a home. They eat stuff from trash cans/left over from restaurants(junk) etc. Pretty obivous their food is filled with germs, mold, expired etc.

That argument doesnt hold up kindalo
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:36 pm

It's like, why can some people eat all the junk in the world and stay perfectly slim ? While another in the same time would become over weight.

Some people will lose their hairs, and others will keep it. You have to make a reason.

I'd be prudent with the "genetics" argument, because I personnaly think that's way over-used by the dominant medicine, and I don't know anymore where's the part of truth in this.. I would say it's a metabolic issue.

Anyway, be sure that the one who's keeping his hair will be hit elsewhere.
Most of us have scalp inflammation, that's not so bad, it's some kind of usefull indicator regarding the things we ingest.

Other people don't have this kind of indicator, and will be hited silently.

They'll pay one day. The junk they eat do not magically disappear.

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:21 am

I don't buy the argument that one ,homeless people have more hair than the average office working, I think there is the confirmation bias at play and secondly that the ones that have more hair have it due to more vitamin d exposure, exercise, better diet, etc. I would assume their diet is horrible and vitamin d exposure not any more than the average joe.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:26 am

homeless people are fasting all day long Rolling Eyes

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  brandnew Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 am

Alcohol also raises T3 levels.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:41 am

Which means? what's T3?

Alcohol Damages the liver
Alcohol is bad for arteries
Alcohol promotes candida and yeast infestation
Bad for the heart, skin, face, brain etc

I cant imagine anything good about it

The arguments that homeless people have more hair because they drink more alcohol is ridicules imo, Vitamin D too.
about the diet - this is just absurd, sorry. Homeless people have CRAZY deficiencies, they dont eat, they dont drink water, they eat expired/moldy food from dumpsters.
you'de have to be insane to bring these arguments to the table
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:50 am

Not every homeless people do have a lot of hair, I personally never noticed such a thing.

Further, CS, MilBa and I already gave you what I think to be a reasonable answer.

What are you still seeking ?

THE reason why ? We are all differents, that's all.

Don't you agree ?

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:00 am

i agree 100% with you LW, dont get me wrong

I dont agree with saying they some of them have alot of hair because of sun exposure and drinking alcohol, that is absurd! lol!
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  medohat Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:18 am

i also notice all the hippe have a strong hair maybe because what they believe (mother nature ... etc)
medohat
medohat

Back to top Go down

Post  medohat Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:30 am

what about Electrosmog Exposure we using laptop mobile phone we are around alot electromagnetic fields (EMF) see this website to understand what am talking about :-

http://www.magdahavas.com
medohat
medohat

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:02 pm

The unabomber had amazing hair. Here he is at 54, having lived essentially a hunter-gatherer lifestyle for several decades.
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Unabomber.jpg

You can see his younger brother has a nice receding hairline.

http://www.nyadp.org/content/staff

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  icryptic Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 am

Pompous life may have some effect on our baldness too. Many things can't be explain so easily, I think it's one of that type.

icryptic

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:44 am

I started a much longer thread about this on HLH. My belief is that, to the extent that it's true and not selective attention or long hair hiding balding, it's probably due to vitamin D and diseases of affluence (as well as mercury fillings, EMF exposure, overprocessing of hair, etc.) that the homeless are less likely to have.

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down