Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS - Minoxidil and Collagen

2 posters

Go down

minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen Empty CS - Minoxidil and Collagen

Post  gbp2000 Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 am

I've got no intention of using Minoxidil - but I am intrigued by its growth inducing abilities and side effects.

In your opinion - how important to growth is the prevention of collagen synthesis in Minoxidils regrowth abilities?

People who suffer side effects (perhaps water retention and facial skin ageing from collagen inhibition) - are they simply using too much - or is the inhibition inevitable?

Are there any natural equivalents that suffer the same side effects? What role do you believe collagen plays in hair regrowth, and is there any role in MPB (I personally suspect not)?

thanks!

GBP

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - CS - Minoxidil and Collagen Empty Re: CS - Minoxidil and Collagen

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:52 am

gbp2000 - All drugs for hair loss are really terrible, maybe just a matter of degree. There were some in development just a few years ago and they quickly dissapeared from trials because they caused cancer.

Minoxidil is basically a cover for hormone/electrolye imbalance. If one has high blood pressure or elevated aldosterone levels is an area to control. Vitamin D, magnesium and antioxidants are some ways to normalize the balance.

The collagenase enzyme MMP-9 is the factor in hair loss. Then you have TGF-beta. The first tears down collagen, the second can induce fibrosis (hardened collagen).

Minoxidil plays no role in either of these mechanisms.

Personally I think DHT and Minoxidil get way too much attention on these boards.

My own approach is based almost entirely on MMP-9, TGF-beta, BMP's, Redox and thyroid.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down