Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo.

+2
Yanks
TheFunkyStumpfighter
6 posters

Go down

IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. Empty IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo.

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:49 pm

I've been digging on the site but haven't been able to find a definitive thread on concocting an all round super shampoo.

I'm not talking about merely cutting sebum, let's get a formula going that will accentuate the very finest aspects of our hair, and leave it smelling and feeling quite agreeable.

Thus far I've decided to add this to the bucket -

Nizoral
Aloe Vera
Jojoba Oil
Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap

So lets all throw our opinons into this, what would go in YOUR "bucket"? Why do you use it? Who SHOULDN'T use it? Where do you get it? Where are the studies on said agent? And lastly, what should I take out of my own concoction?

And... go![i]

Back to top Go down

IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. Empty Re: IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo.

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Right now, I'm using a dmso/lithium shampoo in a Dr. Bronners base. It is ~60/40 Dr. Bronners to tea mix consisting of burdock and comfrey teas. Thrown in there is a healthy amount of joboba oil and GFSE. It's has the consistency of a fluffy poo thanks to all the comfrey, so I intend on dropping that for my next go-round.

I plan on making a new mix with lithium/DMSO, but adding a few things to it. Cutting Dr. Bronners with distilled water instead of teas, and adding epilobium extract, freeze dried coconut water, and marine phytoplankton. Epilobium seems to be anti DHT/ anti aromatase, so it couldn't hurt throwing that in. Coconut endosperm seems to stimulate hair growth through its natural plant growth factors. Phytoplankton has an absolute ton of nutrition, as does the coconut endosperm. Don't know if it will work for hair loss, but I want to go the "scalp nutrition" route rather than the "scalp stimulation" route. It'll probably cost me $80 to get all the ingredients, but they should last me a while.

I've been making my own shampoos and bar soaps for a few months now, and I am much happier with them than I ever was with the commercial stuff. Not to mention it's just fun to make your own soaps.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo. Empty Re: IH - What's in your topical? Let's talk DIY Shampoo.

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:14 pm

^ Totally, I'm getting pretty excited about mixing all of this stuff and getting some good results once the initial trial and error of it all is over.

I'll add these to the bucket -

epilobium extract
Coconut
(Is there a common opinion on what consistency or form is the best for hair?)

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Funky, how's it going with this shampoo? I am in desperate need of a good topical and shampoo to get rid of my dandruff as I believe it's the main contributor to my hair loss
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:44 pm

Polysorbate 80
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Yanks wrote: I am in desperate need of a good topical and shampoo to get rid of my dandruff as I believe it's the main contributor to my hair loss

Yanks,

try this:

Boil

- 30 gram burdock root
- 50 gram buxus sempervirens, leaves (latin name)
- 50 gram soapwort root (latin name Saponaria officinalis)

in 1 liter water and rub/massage the mix into your scalp every evening.

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/anti-dandruff-recipe-t4432.htm

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:50 am

Would getting some keto cream/foam and adding it to a home made shampoo be better than using nizoral, as there would be no sls or anything like that. Would just adding the cream/foam work?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Nocturnalhorse Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:21 am

Man! IH topical/shampoo is da shit. With every wash hair feels remarkably thick, clean and shiny.
Nocturnalhorse
Nocturnalhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:25 am

Where do you get these herbs Cursher?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Crusher Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Got the herbs via Internet. Probably my source of supply is worthless because I'm living
in Europe (and you in the United States I guess). As far as I know you can purchase burdock and soapwort
in ervery ordinary pharmacy.
The name for buxus sempervirens in your dictionary is box tree (hope I'm right).

Crusher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down