Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
advice on supplement interaction EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
advice on supplement interaction EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
advice on supplement interaction EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
advice on supplement interaction EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
advice on supplement interaction EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
advice on supplement interaction EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
advice on supplement interaction EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
advice on supplement interaction EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
advice on supplement interaction EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

advice on supplement interaction

4 posters

Go down

advice on supplement interaction Empty advice on supplement interaction

Post  guest Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Just wanted to know if there would be any negative interaction among the following in terms of benefits for hair loss/regrowth. Would some negate the benefits of others?

Ecklonia Cava, Curcumin, Resveratrol, 7 HMR Lignans, high-potency B-Vitamins, Selenium, Pomegranate

Thanks

Back to top Go down

advice on supplement interaction Empty Re: advice on supplement interaction

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:23 pm

guest - There are no known interactions. I have personally taken all of these together without any incident.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:44 am

Did you find that combination to be helpful for your hair loss?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:50 am

guest - This is what I use consistently, not that specific combination that you listed, although I am taking virtually everything you mentioned except Curcumin, at least on a regular basis.

http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/mycurrentregimen.htm
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

advice on supplement interaction Empty Trigger

Post  lund Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:50 pm

This topic is interesting to me - I have been using the top6 and few other nootrpics for few weeks. Last Sunday I developed a severe pain in my right hand wrist area to a point that I could not even hold a pen. I never had pain in that area before - and never to this extent, I am 39

No pain in the morning, but it progressively got so bad that I had to leave work and get home in a hurry.

Next day was less pain, so I just chilled thinking something I took must have backfired. I avoided all supplements that day.

The following day I becme bold again and took the regular regimen again - the pain came back by the evening and was in full effect by the night. This time it took 3 days for the pain to subside, every day it got less and less painful.

I am back to 95% recovered. There is still in some situation when I twist my wrist I get shooting pain - but I am sure it will go away with time.

My biggest fear is going back to all the supplements - not knowing what (if any) may have triggered it. The only item changed for me was a new batch of probiotics I purchased from eBay (dr Ohira)- the rest of the supplements are the same ones I have been taking for the last few weeks.

Interestingly, the pain was no where else - just the right hand wrist, otherwise I felt like any other day - no other symptoms.

I know I work on computers alot and perhaps my wrist is a weak link in my body to begin with - but I never had pain there before.

May be this is red herring - I do not know.

Now, I am going back to one supplement at a time for few days and then adding the next one to see what may have caused the issue - grrrrr, process of elimination

I was taking the following when it occurred:

1. Fish oil
2. ECE
3. Zinc
4. 7HMR
5. Biotin
6. DHEA
7. Na-R-ALA + ALCAR
8. Alpha GPC
9. L-theanine --> http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=1410&at=0
10. Dr. Ohira Pro biotics
11. Ashwaghandha

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:28 pm

lund - That particular list seems free of that type of side-effect, but nevertheless I suppose nothing is impossible. If you find the culprit, let us know.

About two years ago my wrist had worsening pain, until I bought one of those keyboard wrist pads, it really did the trick for me.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:21 am

Yeah, it was perhaps a bad experience. The nomal wrist / ankle / shoulder pain I am very familiar with - however, this episode was 1000% more acute and localized, as I stated I was not able to even lift a pencil with my right hand for couple days. After being few days away from the supps, I am back to full recovery in the hand.

The only possiblity that my engineering mind can accept is that I know my wrists, shoulders and neck area can be weak (due to extended work related computer use) and whatever caused this interaction/reaction (if any) attacked the weak spot (at least one of them). Kind of bizzare - I hope this is nothing to do with the sups and just a onetime occurrence.

I have had no other symptoms of anything whatsoever - just acute pain that build up during the day and then only subsided after getting off of the sups. And interestingly I have been taking the suplements list for almost 5 weeks now.

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:13 am

lund - There is a possibility that your injury could be a result of accumulated stress and being that some of the supplements are anti-inflammatory, it might be a good idea to stop them for about a week.

When an injury occurs, inflammation is a necessary reaction, which ushers in the repair. Drug anti-inflammatories are usually a bad idea, because the can delay the repair.

I would not expect this to occur with naturals so much, but just in case, trying out a break, say a week might be a good idea.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:10 am

IH--

On that note, is it bad to take anti-oxidants directly after lifting? I recall readinging it can inhibit RONS which is a key component in muscle forming after tearing them apart in the gym. Perhaps you can shed some light on this...

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:42 pm

nidhogge - I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure antioxidants are going to be much better for lifting than not. Of course there is the free radical factor during exercise/lifting which are generated, but when you lift, you are getting the tear "injuries," now matter what, which is what causes muscle building. I do not believe antioxidants would interfere with this, but I'll look more into it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down