Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
OT - tendonitis EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
OT - tendonitis EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
OT - tendonitis EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
OT - tendonitis EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
OT - tendonitis EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
OT - tendonitis EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
OT - tendonitis EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
OT - tendonitis EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
OT - tendonitis EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

OT - tendonitis

3 posters

Go down

OT - tendonitis Empty OT - tendonitis

Post  sdguy Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:48 pm

I've had recurring tendonitis in my achilles for a while now and am wondering if anyone has good remedies besides the standard "ice it" or "stretch it out" you see everywhere.

I've tried a few sessions of HIIT on the bike and it's killed me (in a good way) but I'd really like to try it with sprints if I can get my achilles back in order.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

OT - tendonitis Empty Re: OT - tendonitis

Post  tonyj Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:28 pm

Low Level Laser Treatment of Tendinopathy: A Systematic Review with Meta-analysis.

Tumilty S, Munn J, McDonough S, Hurley DA, Basford JR, Baxter GD.

1 Centre for Physiotherapy Research, School of Physiotherapy, University of Otago , Dunedin, New Zealand.

Abstract Objectives: To assess the clinical effectiveness of Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) in the treatment of tendinopathy. Secondary objectives were to determine the relevance of irradiation parameters to outcomes, and the validity of current dosage recommendations for the treatment of tendinopathy. Background: LLLT is proposed as a possible treatment for tendon injuries. However, the clinical effectiveness of this modality remains controversial, with limited agreement on the most efficacious dosage and parameter choices. Method: The following databases were searched from inception to 1(st) August 2008: MEDLINE, PubMed, CINAHL, AMED, EMBASE, All EBM reviews, PEDro (Physiotherapy Evidence Database), SCOPUS. Controlled clinical trials evaluating LLLT as a primary intervention for any tendinopathy were included in the review. Methodological quality was classified as: high (>/=6 out of 10 on the PEDro scale) or low (<6) to grade the strength of evidence. Accuracy and clinical appropriateness of treatment parameters were assessed using established recommendations and guidelines. Results: Twenty-five controlled clinical trials met the inclusion criteria. There were conflicting findings from multiple trials: 12 showed positive effects and 13 were inconclusive or showed no effect. Dosages used in the 12 positive studies would support the existence of an effective dosage window that closely resembled current recommended guidelines. In two instances where pooling of data was possible, LLLT showed a positive effect size; in studies of lateral epicondylitis that scored >/=6 on the PEDro scale, participants' grip strength was 9.59 kg higher than that of the control group; for participants with Achilles tendinopathy, the effect was 13.6 mm less pain on a 100 mm visual analogue scale. Conclusion: LLLT can potentially be effective in treating tendinopathy when recommended dosages are used. The 12 positive studies provide strong evidence that positive outcomes are associated with the use of current dosage recommendations for the treatment of tendinopathy

As I understand it, more doctors are moving toward to the treatment of pathology and moving away from the treatment of pain. It's just a matter of finding podiatrist who has a good understanding of LLLT and knows the latest protocols.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:15 am

Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs during the initial stage, because this inflammation is required for rebuilding.

If R & R/Iceing are not enough, there are two therapies that are quite effective. One is called Anodyne, it a form of laser therapy, but it uses infrared light. It increases circulation up to 3600% to the affected area.

If that isn't enough, then there is Prolozone treatment. This will work in virtually all cases.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down