Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
The Disappearing Male. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
The Disappearing Male. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
The Disappearing Male. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The Disappearing Male. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
The Disappearing Male. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
The Disappearing Male. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
The Disappearing Male. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The Disappearing Male. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The Disappearing Male. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Disappearing Male.

+8
DM5
NrwgnKID
baller234
Paradox
fumanchu
blackjack
HairSeeker
misterE
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Disappearing Male. Empty The Disappearing Male.

Post  misterE Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:32 am

In my opinion an extremely important and vital documentary concerning endocrine disruptors that are found everywhere, and their effects on men’s hormones.

The Disappearing Male: http://sciencestage.com/v/945/the-disappearing-male.html

I personally don't agree that plastics and xenoestrogens are causing feminization, I believe it is the type of diet developed countries eat. The evidence is clear that eating dietary-fat increases estrogen levels. Also people literally eat aromatase enzymes in the form of chicken-fat, fish-fat, beef-fat, pig-fat, and dairy... animal-fat is aromatase... so why eat it?

The following example is an easy contrast between an effeminate face and a masculine one.

The Disappearing Male. Leoandburt
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

The Disappearing Male. Empty Hmmm...

Post  Guest Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:08 am

From my own personal recollection, the generation above me were on average (in Males) so much bigger than the generation below me. I'm looking at this scrawny little bunch of kids who are in the same grade level as the hulking behemoths whom I used to associate with being a "guy". I don't know if this is relevant.

MisterE, do you notice any differences yourself? It seems that institutions are the best place to really get a great outlook on this.

Back to top Go down

The Disappearing Male. Empty Re: The Disappearing Male.

Post  HairSeeker Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:34 am

The photo you provided below of Burt Lancaster was probably taken in the early to mid 40s. There was no marketing propaganda against dietary fats in the 40s, so I don’t see your point regarding eating fats. Of course there is a huge difference in the type of fats that were available in the 40s and what we consume now. Antibiotics and hormones were probably not widely used in farming. People had much cleaner food sources. Fats are used to manufacture all hormones, so why do you continue to blame fats on estrogen dominance? If eating fat caused hairloss then all teenagers would be bald. I grew up on pizza, burgers and Mexican food and never lost hair until my mid 30s. The older I get the greater the difficulty in maintaining my hair. The only change is increased estrogen and reduced testosterone. I have been monitoring my levels for a couple of years now. By the way, I tried the low fat/high carb vegetarian diet. My hair did not improve at all.
I keep wondering how much success you have had with your hair loss battle? Has your diet helped you?

HairSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Also people literally eat aromatase enzymes in the form of chicken-fat, fish-fat, beef-fat, pig-fat, and dairy... animal-fat is aromatase... so why eat it?

INuit men eat 80% diet of fat and no plant food and yet hair loss is extremely rare...

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Hair loss is suppose to be most rare in Pygmies men...

About 30 to 40 percent of the pygmy diet is game of some sort, usually antelope or gazelle. Monkey is considered a delicacy

In fact every culture around the world has animal intake of 20-60% and a lot is coming from FAT

in fact american Indians would give lean muscle meat to the dogs and eat the fat and organs!

Mistree you really have no clue!

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:05 am

I'm living in a pretty rural place, and I've seen the damage that civilized food is / can do on an ethnically "nice" haired race of people, MPB is STILL low... but hair density and health throughout the overall populace has gone down so much.

I also doubt that Pygmies drink much in the way of pasteurized milk, same going for Native Americans. My ancestors thrived on meat / water / fresh boiled vegetables / fish,
NOTHING else. My grandfather has a SICK head of hair, I mean that stuff is thick, then MPB hit my dad at 50, and now at 19 my whole scalp has lost a ton of density.

So I don't really think that it's FAT that caused it, more so it's the TYPE of fat.

Regarding the video, I kinda consider MPB to be becoming a genetic epidemic, the overall lowering of our T sounds like a likely cause.

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:38 am

action<reaction wrote:
MisterE, do you notice any differences yourself? It seems that institutions are the best place to really get a great outlook on this.

I have noticed how masculine behavior is "crooked". For instance, men are losing confidence, men are aging faster and faster due to testosterone loss, heart disease kills one out of two American-men! The answer is simple: decrease body-fat... look at how manly a man was in movies in the 1940's or 1950's you had actors like Burt Lancaster, John Wayne, and Humphrey Bogart. These were men that actually acted masculine. Nowadays you have actors like Tom Cruise, Leonardo Dicaprio or Brad Pitt who are just boys. Not to mention humans have become very lazy due to advanced technology.

What is interesting to note is that clean arteries, clean capillaries and clean veins correlates with high SHBG/testosterone. Also diabetes results in low SHBG/testosterone. The American diet is to blame. There are documented reports about American soldiers that died in the Korean War who have atherosclerosis, same with American soldiers in Vietnam, when these men would die they would examine them and they noticed that most American soldiers had atherosclerosis! Not surprisingly the Vietcong showed no signs of atherosclerosis, probably had to do with the fact that diet was centered of white-rice and vegetables.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

The Disappearing Male. Empty Dude looks like a lady.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:11 am

This is horrifying. Absolutely horrifying.

I have a cabin miles in the woods far away from other cabins.
I'm spending my savings on Curcumin, Resveratrol, and fishing supplies and I'm going.
Right now.

Nice meeting you all!

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:11 am

(BUMP)
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:32 am

Out of some combination of curiousness and desperation, what are your suggestions as to treating these horrid effects?

When will gene therapy be needed to make us boys "boys" again? 50 years? 100 years?

The only solution it would seem is to live in the woods (which I too conveniently have the option of doing) or a bubble.

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 am

action<reaction wrote:Out of some combination of curiousness and desperation, what are your suggestions as to treating these horrid effects?

I'm sure you know my stance on diet (McDougall Diet) as the first line of defense, load up on those vegetables! Also living a more natural lifestyle, lots of sunshine, cardiovascular-exercise, and social-interaction with the opposite sex, which is very important. Don't watch TV or play videogames, instead read books and play sports. Only use the computer in a responsible fashion; research and discussion rather than social-networking-sites and such. Intense exercise like up-hill running is very good, also the "ups"; push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, and squats. Also maybe look into DIM or other phytoestrogens, which lowers bad-estrogen and helps increase SHBG.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 am

I am well aware of your stance on diet as I follow a similar diet, plus more ocean / freshwater fish. I eat a lot of raw avocados, caulliflower, peppers, apples, broccoli, carrots, sprouts on occasion, chick peas, watermelon, spinach, Cantaloupe, etc.

I've had a lot of health issues regarding gluten sensitivity that remained undiagnosed / ignored for far too long, I used to do a lot of running but I have just been too fatigued to pick it up again yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  fumanchu Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:46 pm

This is beyond absurd. Don't play videogames or watch tv? Men use to be more manly in the 50's? I think that might have a bit to do with culture.

You're off your tits.

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:06 pm

fumanchu wrote:This is beyond absurd. Don't play videogames or watch tv? Men use to be more manly in the 50's? I think that might have a bit to do with culture.

You're off your tits.

Definitely, you hit it.... Culture. Hollywood cast stereotypical 'leading men' because society had much different ideas about what men and women should look like then.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:23 pm

A population-level decline in serum testosterone levels in American men

http://www.ourstolenfuture.org/newscience/reproduction/2006/2006-1210travisonetal.html

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:12 pm

Baldness was still very common in the 1950s, however it didn't usually affect as many young people as it seems to today. Balding teenagers are no longer uncommon ):

Could this be because people are become insulin resistant at younger age due to the increase in refined carbs, sugar, and processed oils in our diet?

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:32 am

baller234 wrote:
Could this be because people are become insulin resistant at younger age due to the increase in refined carbs, sugar, and processed oils in our diet?

Right. People as young as twenty-years-old are getting cardiovascular-disease all-ready!
It’s due to refined-carbs, sugar, oils, cholesterol, grease, dairy, and lack of exercise and vegetables.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:34 am

misterE wrote:
baller234 wrote:

Right. People as young as twenty-years-old are getting cardiovascular-disease all-ready!
It’s due to refined-carbs, sugar, oils, cholesterol, grease, dairy, and lack of exercise and vegetables.

Couldn't agree more. It's too readily apparent to deny, though I also believe that there a many other environmental factors working against us as well.

The idea of an affliction being "age" related just doesn't work for me anymore, baldness used to be "age related" too, so were a multitude of other problems.

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:54 am

BUMP
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:08 am

he evidence is clear that eating dietary-fat increases estrogen levels.

but yet we have been bombarded by low fat everything for the last 20 years.... mistere you couldn't be more wrong!

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:22 am

blackjack wrote:
he evidence is clear that eating dietary-fat increases estrogen levels.

but yet we have been bombarded by low fat everything for the last 20 years.... mistere you couldn't be more wrong!

This is pretty hard to debate.

How do the statistics differentiate between the number of males who eat McDonalds daily and the one's who are vegans / grass fed meat eaters / etc?

Generalizing the entire American population is something I do daily (sorry guys, Canadian pride? pirat ) but really, this needs a lot more consideration than this.

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:30 am

it's not really debatable much anymore, fat is not the problem.
a vegan diet is not the way togo

processed foods are the problem.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:45 am

blackjack wrote:it's not really debatable much anymore, fat is not the problem.
a vegan diet is not the way togo

processed foods are the problem.

Processed foods are part of the problem, the other part includes animal-products and vegetable-oils, but I guess vegetable-oils would fall under processed foods.

A vegan diet is the way to go because I have shown it is able to reverse the "big-three" diseases associated with MPB; diabetes, cardiovascular-disease and prostate-enlargement with a McDougall-type-diet as shown by Dr. Neal Barnard, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. Dean Ornish. Also I posted plenty of studies to show that you can lower your free-IGF-1 and increase your IGFBP's and SHBG with this type of diet, which would drastically help lower your chances of baldness, considering bald men have high free-IGF-1 and lower IGFBP's and SHBG. Plus I showed a study, which shows vegans have 13% higher total-testosterone than their milk drinking vegetarian counterparts.

So why wouldn't a vegan-diet be the way to go now?
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:49 am

MisterE - I really hate this, but processing has infiltrated every aspect of every food that we can buy almost, including vegan.

To compete with depleted soils vegetables / fruits are generally always somehow genetically tampered with or sprayed down with pesticides / fungicides / herbicides.

It seems like we're f*** outta luck unless we can get our hands on lots of organic and local stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:56 am

It is true that beef consumption in the United States has gone up during the last eighty years, the period of huge increases in heart disease. Today we consume 79 pounds of beef per person per year versus 54 in 1909, a 46% increase—but poultry consumption has increased a whopping 280%, from 18 pounds per person per year to 70. Consumption of vegetable oils, including those that have been hydrogenated, has increased 437%, from 11 pounds per person per year to 59; while consumption of butter, lard and tallow has plummeted from 30 pounds per person per year to just under 10. Whole milk consumption has declined by almost 50%, while lowfat milk consumption has doubled. Consumption of eggs, fresh fruits (excluding citrus), fresh vegetables, fresh potatoes and whole grain products has declined; but consumption of sugar and other sweeteners has almost doubled. Why, then, do today's politically correct dietary gurus continue to blame beef consumption for our ills? Is it because it is the one wholesome food that has shown an increase over the past ninety years?

It was in the same year, 1966, that the results of Dr. Jolliffe's Anti-Coronary Club experiment were published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.12 Those on the Prudent Diet of corn oil, margarine, fish, chicken and cold cereal had an average serum cholesterol of 220, compared to 250 in the meat-and-potatoes control group.

By 1950 butter consumption had dropped from eighteen pounds per person per year to just over ten. Margarine filled in the gap, rising from about two pounds per person at the turn of the century to about eight. Consumption of vegetable shortening—used in crackers and baked goods—remained relatively steady at about twelve pounds per person per year but vegetable oil consumption had more than tripled—from just under three pounds per person per year to more than ten.3

The statistics pointed to one obvious conclusion—Americans should eat the traditional foods that nourished their ancestors, including meat, eggs, butter and cheese, and avoid the newfangled vegetable-oil-based foods that were flooding the grocers' shelves;

The average American now consumes 175 pounds of sugar per year!

http://www.westonaprice.org

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next